SBguys forums! WTF!

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score

Dark Link

Banned
Reaction score
Now I understand your thought process.

It's easy to tell yourself that it's all going to be alright and that you should accept your balding when you are at that stage of minimal hair loss while still having strong frame for your face.

Wait until you're NW5 to tell us how we should be dealing with our hair loss.

Disagree! This kid is going to look great bald! He's got a tan, nice symmetrical round good shaped head. He is in great shame to gracefully lose his hair! Plus he can probably rock the six pack, will not have to worry about if his treatments are working and can get on with his life. Super jealous my shaved head looks like I've got boiling pus, and I'm pale so I look like a chemo patient. I'm 1/2 ginger. Blonde hair and freckles. Life is hell for me. :/

Don't listen to Fred too much. Although he is one of the most insightful people on the forums, is a realist, and can really shed light on the truth in many areas, he will often bring you down. Will you look as good as a Norwood 5 with the same hair cut as you have now? No, it will look a little worse, but not as extreme as Fred is making it sound. Fred looked great with buzzed hair. But to some people hair is just really important. If you want to see what I think you will look like after you've lost your hair watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVe4_SPLFJA

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
Also, being muscular will not compensate for being bald. You'll remain the bald guy.

Girls that don't date bald guys won't change their mind because a 6-pack is hidden under your clothes.

I don't get why people think they can just work out and that solves their hair loss problem. There's no replacement for hair.

Seems like you're one of the few who actually understand that.

Dark Link

Banned
Reaction score
I don't get why people think they can just work out and that solves their hair loss problem. There's no replacement for hair.

Seems like you're one of the few who actually understand that.
My reasoning is that its better to bald and physically fit, then bald and fat. People will look at you and say to themselves this man didn't have a choice with his hair. But he at least is in good shape. Many bald men go fat because they become depressed and let themselves go. "I lost my hair, might as well stop working on all other aspects of my life too since it doesn't matter anymore". I say fight back and at least improve to the best of your abilities in the other aspects of your life. Exercise your brain, your body, enjoy life, develop a sense of humor. Plus you have many bald brothers out in the world you can sympathize with. This kid looks skinny, and fit from what I can tell. I don't think he has to work on it. I think he already has it. That is why I said this. I understand many of us are bald skinny nerds but that can be cool too. You come across as being intelligent which can be a huge turn on for some women. Show them your mad pussy eating skills and you will rule their world.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
The question we have to ask ourselves here is: why should we go out of our way to compensate for something we didn't bring upon us?

Because life (and women) owe us squat. Everyone needs to make the best of what they have.

Dark Link

Banned
Reaction score
I'm more than likely just going to go bald, maybe get an FUE like you FRED or wait for the cure that hellouser has been raving about for the last 5 years. Minoxidil/finasteride I don't seem to get along too well anymore. I had a good run, but after 9 years of treatments I'm tired to be dealing with them anymore. Maybe these newbies will have better luck and the cure will come in time.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I work out a lot.... its tedious **** and honestly it works against you more often than not.
You go to a bar and your dressed to the nines with the physique showing. Half the time the girls wont bother with you because they
A) think your an a hole muscle head
b) think you will spend more time in the gym and getting ready than they will (this gets worse if you start a relationship with the girl after)
C) Are intimidated by you
D) The rest KNOW you are compensating

I luckily had good hair through my early 20s and was devilishly handsome and charming (toot toot) so I was able to work much to my advantage.
working out wont solve hair loss. It wont make you feel better about hair loss. If ANYTHING it makes matters worse because you realize you will never attain your true potential as HARD as you work out.
You will still be compared next to a fit guy with hair.
Take it from me I JUST came back from the gym. I get a 2 hour lunch on fridays and go to the gym cause its 5 minutes away. I work out almost 5 days a week.
Understand ANYONE can work out if they so decide. Not EVERYONE can have nice attractive hair as we all know.... NOW

Hey work out to work out and be healthy, PLEASE dont use it to compensate cause you will be sorely disappointed.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
What is your occupation, swingline?

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It wont make you feel better about hair loss.

No, it won't make youuuu feel better about hair loss.

hA807ED5A

However or the rest of us it's a very useful tool, more for psychological, mental and emotional wellbeing, rather than trying to compensate or achieve physical perfection.

Also, if going to gym doesn't work for you on a mental of physical level, then why the fcuk are you still going there.... 5 times a week???? Jaysus, I enjoy lifting, but even I'd never go more than 2, max 3 times a week. 5 times sounds insane to me.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, it won't make youuuu feel better about hair loss.

hA807ED5A

However or the rest of us it's a very useful tool, more for psychological, mental and emotional wellbeing, rather than trying to compensate or achieve physical perfection.

Also, if going to gym doesn't work for you on a mental of physical level, then why the fcuk are you still going there.... 5 times a week???? Jaysus, I enjoy lifting, but even I'd never go more than 2, max 3 times a week. 5 times sounds insane to me.

me:"Hey work out to work out and be healthy, PLEASE dont use it to compensate cause you will be sorely disappointed."

read the LAST line of my post.

I personally work out because I ALWAYS have and feel like **** when I dont. Its an addiction like anything else after a while. Most people dont realize that.

Also I dont go to the gym 5 days a week, I workout roughly 5.
I go 3 to lift different parts of my body
biceps/back/tris mon
chest/shoulders weds
legs/misc fri

abs broken up throughout the week
i try to run off days

sunday ALWAYS my p90x cardio x video and ab ripperx

I also ditch the gym some days and suppliment those with my p90x vids. Those things rock honestly and its good to change up

Im also very active out of work with well, more work. Usually on my rentals, which have been biting into my off workout time recently.

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
I need hair.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
youre a good looking kid though, dont look bad shaved at all.
and that is some good looking vietnamese soup! Me and the GF hit Canal in New York this past weekend and had some ourselves.

Well thanks, but unluckily I don't really look like that anymore. My face really roughened up a bit and got bloated during the last months due to insomnia (hopefully not minoxidil though).
Soup is Japanese though. ;)

@Fred

It's not minimal at all. You should know this, you are pretty much in the same boat. Heavy diffuse thinning ALL OVER your ****ing head. Listen I know hairloss sucks and that it may decrease your quality of life, but many people here are outright torturing themselves with fugly combovers and boob inducing chemicals to gain just a little fuzz of hair on an otherwise bald head. It's just not worth it, don't go crazy and accept a little decrease in attractivity if possible.
If you are worried about your face frame look into micro scalp pigmentation. Cheaper and more efficient than most other solutions.

Cheers mate

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well thanks, but unluckily I don't really look like that anymore. My face really roughened up a bit and got bloated during the last months due to insomnia (hopefully not minoxidil though).
Soup is Japanese though. ;)

@Fred

It's not minimal at all. You should know this, you are pretty much in the same boat. Heavy diffuse thinning ALL OVER your ****ing head. Listen I know hairloss sucks and that it may decrease your quality of life, but many people here are outright torturing themselves with fugly combovers and boob inducing chemicals to gain just a little fuzz of hair on an otherwise bald head. It's just not worth it, don't go crazy and accept a little decrease in attractivity if possible.
If you are worried about your face frame look into micro scalp pigmentation. Cheaper and more efficient than most other solutions.

Cheers mate

SOOOOO against MSP lol

I feel ya to.
My face in the past 5 years has aged so badly due to stress and fatigue.