Saw Palmetto Utterly Destroyed my Life

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh f***... I just cant f*****g belive it!!!

pageidol

Reaction score
Bad isnt it, yeah apparently he used saw palmetto for a cpl of months when he was 16, experienced a pfs type crash after coming of it and has been slowly deteriorating ever since. f*****g mental really.

maxout777

Reaction score
Jesus, he actually posted on this forum. Terrible fate...

I was reading his posts on his thread on Solve PFS to see what drove him to commit suicide and I have to admit, some of the things I've read that he wrote about his side effects were so horrible it sent shivers down my spine, I've never read about the side effects like that before. Just pure nightmare.

I'll see if I can get permission to post it here.

Let's reel this in while we still can. The majority of his side effects he posted about on that site were from using Aromatase inhibitors (AIs) at many different dosages without any supervision and caused himself even worse hormonal issues. The majority of his side effects were not saw palmetto/anti-androgen related outside of the initial loss of libido, ED, brain fog issues. Most all of his are due to the misuse of aromatase inhibitors and he said so multiple times in his posts on those forums. Let's not make this more than it is.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Jesus, he actually posted on this forum. Terrible fate...

I was reading his posts on his thread on Solve PFS to see what drove him to commit suicide and I have to admit, some of the things I've read that he wrote about his side effects were so horrible it sent shivers down my spine, I've never read about the side effects like that before. Just pure nightmare.

I'll see if I can get permission to post it here.

Yes I'd be interested in reading it.

maxout777

Reaction score
Yeah but he got PFS from Saw Palmetto.

Yeah but he's still not an accurate representation of what the experience is. I have "PFS" from Saw Palmetto although I'm recovering pretty damn well, and even so my side effects were nothing like his. They were all the standard sides. His "terrible" sides are from AI misuse.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah but he's still not an accurate representation of what the experience is. I have "PFS" from Saw Palmetto although I'm recovering pretty damn well, and even so my side effects were nothing like his. They were all the standard sides. His "terrible" sides are from AI misuse.

Do you have a post describing what happened to you?

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score

I'm two months on SP and the only side I've noticed is a massive increase in my libido. I guess this will taper down after a while.

Can you tell me your experience with it by any chance?

maxout777

Reaction score
Not on this site, but I'll give you a TL;DR version:

Used SP for month and a half, crashed. Had all the sides you read about on Propecia Help from PFS - got on the CDnuts recovery protocol posted on there within 6 weeks of crashing and have been slowly recovering ever since. It doesn't really affect my life that much anymore, I've gotten back to a pretty decent state. Been off for 7 months now.

And to the user who said he's noticed increased libido, you may be perfectly fine on it my man. I would imagine it's a very rare few that experience what I did, I chalk it up to bad luck. Really bad luck.

matthewmarcos24

My Regimen
Reaction score
it sounds terrible what he was going through but i don't think he should have been taking DHT inhibiting durgs at such a young age. R.I.P !

sp2000

Reaction score
Hello

I am making this post to hopefully save some lives that would possibly be ruined over vanity, despite the odds.

When i was 17 years old i started balding rapidly so i visited this site. I was far too young for propecia and i reas propeciahelp so i was well aware of PFS and didn't want to ruin my life. I was very close to becoming a professional athlete and hairloss was only bothering me because i was still in school.

I read some saw palmetto horror stories on the web and i didn't beleive it. I knew that PFS was very rare so i didn't even consider that saw palmetto would ruin my life.

I started taking SP extract 4 years ago. After 4 weeks i started getting terrible Testicular pain and lowered libido. At the time i didn't connect the dots so i kept taking it. The Testicular pain got so bad that i quit the saw palmetto.

For the next 2 weeks i felt incredible. Libido was sky high, Testicular pain was gone. Then bam i woke up one day a completely different person. I had full blown PFS like 20 other men ive found that used SP.

The effects i was dealing with
-zero sex drive
-Brain fog
-no emotions
-Fatigue
-body hair fell out
-Penile shrinkage
-loss of wood

I was a completely different person. I was only 17 at the time! Utterly destroyed me. I lost my professional career. I lost my girlfriend. I lost my identity and i lost my life. All my hope's and dreams shattered.

That was 4 years ago. Im no better only worse. I tried TRT and it did nothing.

All over vanity. Im NW6 now at age 21 and i couldn't care less! Its honestly heartbreaking that one small mistake ruined my life.

Im housebound, unemployed and have lost literally everything i livex for. The only thing that cannot be stolen from me is hope that one day PFS will be solved.

I hate to fear monger but i just thought id share my story. Even if it stops one guy from risking his life over vanity. Most people will quit finasteride/SP and recover but thousands won't. I thought it could never happen but it did.

Hairloss is so insignificant. You only realize when your entire body is ruined.

Please be safe
I certify this guy is true 100% word by word . This is how I felt exactly from SP. When I posted 8 years ago on some forums many idiots ridiculed me and denied me. I used SP 8-9 years ago and still suffering (this is the reason I was googling and have arrived this post). I have been very worse. My legs, hands, arms all were gone, as if eaten away by some mysterious bug after stopping SP. I felt many times recovering but then come back to square one. you are suck in circle for ever. I now know and accept that it is impossible to recover fully from SP effects. SP changes body permanently. you will have to live with it for the rest of your life.

vinn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I remember taking saw palmetto for about a week a few years back and I had no sex drive. Quit taking it immediately. It makes sense since it supposedly blocks DHT.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Rest in peace, my man. f*** this shitty world, that makes young men go like this.

Nimatus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been taking Saw Palmetto for 6 years, 320mg x 2 a day . I'm okay, did not regrow any hair though. I got a prescription for finasteride last week, did not take any yet though, stressing over side effects for last two weeks, and now I have them. Goes to show how much of this is in the mind.
No erection last 2 days.

nahte42

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just happened to come across this wacky thread and I just can't believe what I've read. Saw palmetto has shown to be not much more than a placebo in most cases and there have never been any scientifically documented cases of it ruining a person's life like what is claimed in this thread. I just don't understand this.

James Oliver

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just happened to come across this wacky thread and I just can't believe what I've read. Saw palmetto has shown to be not much more than a placebo in most cases and there have never been any scientifically documented cases of it ruining a person's life like what is claimed in this thread. I just don't understand this.
I recently tried hairguards scalp elixir (contains saw palm). It gave me head aches the following day (you take it at night), so after 3 or so uses i stopped. 3/4 days later i wake up... feel a bit odd, touch my dick and it feels numb, tried jacking off, barely managed to and my eye sight went weird and my muscles felt super weak. After 3/4 days genitnal numbness has gone but im certain it was saw plam. Never had my dick feel like that. Semen was weak and watery too.
I really wish i was making this up. I'm hoping CB0301 may be the alternative. I was hoping it could have just been a panic attack or something but it doesnt explain my genital area feeling numb. Was hoping to go onto morr-f if i could manage SP.

Don't blame people for trying SP or finasteride, being bald sucks. I'm early 20's man like seriously no woman under 40 prefers a bald man period and i cant even grow a proper beard.

Last edited:

Blackweasel

My Regimen
Reaction score
In my experience its all mental BUT I do think that those who take 5ar blockers at a young age have a higher chance of developing negative effects.

Ive taken finasteride twice in my life, at 17 and at 25 years old. When I was young, I was mentally more vulnerable and it destroyed my sex drive and changed my emotions feelings etc and I stopped. Now at 25 I take fina 2.5mg, dutasteride 2x per week, saw palmetto, minoxidl etc etc still get erections and couldnt give a f$))& about sides. I just dont even think about them. I think the more vulnerable you are the more damage it can be percieved to do. JMO and this is only my experience. Ganja was always my cure,
Got brain fog? Get even more brain fogged !

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I also had same symptoms as this guy only after stopping saw palmetto it took a year to recover for me. Not fully recovered but good enough. I had PFS from SP. Had numb penis it felt like a piece of rubber, no emotions sensitivity to light lost orgasm feeling lost libido totally, had hard flaccid penis and lost bloodflow totally to the penis tip and it turned ice cold and white and had no pain when I pinched the skin with my nails. Basically the skin was about to die but I fapped so bloodflow could return to the skin. So u people not believing this have a more open mind please.

Lucky_Luciano

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
my number 1 concern is the peyronies right now which I simply dont know how to approach and doctors just say lets wait if it gets bad and then surgery which is of course unacceptable. doctors in the US seem to be much more competent when it comes to new research intensive medicine especially Bec<use the top doctors or actually the only ones really come from the US. normal urologists dont know sh*t about it

For how long did you take finasteride? I guess you took 1mg orally ED. Did it help your hairloss? What's your opinion on it now? You were so hostile and mean to those who claimed to have side effects. Please tell me, i'd like to read it from you. I had used SP+nettle extact and PSO before and didnt have any effect on these. A month ago I decided to do something effective and start topical finasteride, but I'm still conceirned about possible sides. The only side I had was ball ache, and that on 0,05% liposomal, but it discontinued soon after, and I think it increased shedding of thinned hair, making it look awful now.