Saw Palmetto Utterly Destroyed my Life

pendo747

Reaction score
life post finasteride

Not sure where i saw that "crash years later story" lots of detail though. Guy got all these tests etc. I will look for it. After about week 3 of finasteride, i woke up with these depressed feeling in my brain. My limbs were cool and penis was cool too. After that i tapered to .5 mg for week and then quit it. Feeling much better now, but doubt my dht level is as high as normal yet. I pheard it takes 2-6 weeks to get system back to normal. Im off to.A good start but verifying my penis is up to speed by seeing if i can get it hard easy. So far so good..but no morning wood yet, but that was always on and off anyways. Yes, SP didnt do jack for my hair and used it 6 months. Waste of time and involves some risk.

pendo747

Reaction score
day 8 post finasteride

Hi, day 8 without finasteride. Took it for 1 month. Things change day to day. I can concentrate fine, but mentally feel bit deprssed. I think it did something to my pituatry gland. I feel sometimes like there is a block in my head that dosent let me feel as happy anymore. Hoping this subsides. Anybody have thoughts or best bet? Did anybody feel like crap and then got back to normal after a month?

JTS

Banned
Reaction score
Hi, day 8 without finasteride. Took it for 1 month. Things change day to day. I can concentrate fine, but mentally feel bit deprssed. I think it did something to my pituatry gland. I feel sometimes like there is a block in my head that dosent let me feel as happy anymore. Hoping this subsides. Anybody have thoughts or best bet? Did anybody feel like crap and then got back to normal after a month?

If you're feeling better then you should continue to improve. I want to stress this, if you crash then don't panic, crashes arent uncommon after coming off and you'll almost certainly recover. I wasn't aware of this fact and when I crashed- ****, I can't even tell you how scared I was.

pendo747

Reaction score
Felt somewhat better over weekend. Felt really good yesterday, but woke up feeling a bit of the mental block back today. Sexual ive been able to perform fine, but have read best to take it easy in that dept for awhile. Like have a sexual release every few days. Does that sound wise? JTS, did you experience similar crash? Did you recover fully? How long for you to feel normal again? Thanks for your input.

JTS

Banned
Reaction score
Felt somewhat better over weekend. Felt really good yesterday, but woke up feeling a bit of the mental block back today. Sexual ive been able to perform fine, but have read best to take it easy in that dept for awhile. Like have a sexual release every few days. Does that sound wise? JTS, did you experience similar crash? Did you recover fully? How long for you to feel normal again? Thanks for your input.

I crashed several days after recovering and it took me a week until I could get erections and another until I stopped having dry orgasms.

As far as I know I've recovered from any hormonal issues brought upon by finasteride. That said, it's hard to tell really as the drug gave me a case of CPPS which came in the form of hypertonic pelvic muscles. I don't get morning wood as much anymore (still a few times a week at least) but a 10% increase in pelvic floor muscle tightness leads to 50% less blood flow to the area so that's almost certainly the cause- I also saw improvements in that area when on Alpha Blockers. That said, I feel totally normal, can function sexually and have been making progress in my condition. And before you freak out, I started getting pelvic spasms early in my treatment so if you haven't had any there's little reason they should start.

Just take it easy, dude. Don't go on Propeciahelp, it's a cesspit of negativity and people looking for magic bullets. Also, while PFS is real and has lead to the suicide of at least one forum member (this forum) there are some people on that site (propeciahelp) that are just metal cases. A poll on the website had a large number of them reporting normal nocturnal erections. The presence of those erections are the main indicator of a physiological vs psychological cause of ED. When you realize that you can go on YouTube and find people who are convinced that their martial arts master can subdue them with chi, to the point where the techniques actually work on them, you begin to see that some PFS cases are just delusions.

pendo747

Reaction score
I feel hormones are getting up to speed. Was real down and felt weak friday night. Prayed about things and felt a peace. Woke up in middle of night worried but then was able to mentally give myself a full blown woody. Was real happy about that then went to town on the lady. Felt cloud in head still saturday but energy was good. Feeling pretty good today but havent pushed myself since been working at desk. Did you have any mental block or brain fog? If so, how long for that to subside? Feel like my brain is operating better now but not 100% there yet. Peace

JTS

Banned
Reaction score
I feel hormones are getting up to speed. Was real down and felt weak friday night. Prayed about things and felt a peace. Woke up in middle of night worried but then was able to mentally give myself a full blown woody. Was real happy about that then went to town on the lady. Felt cloud in head still saturday but energy was good. Feeling pretty good today but havent pushed myself since been working at desk. Did you have any mental block or brain fog? If so, how long for that to subside? Feel like my brain is operating better now but not 100% there yet. Peace

Never any brainfog or libido issues. That said, I once quit SSRI's cold turkey and got a fair bit of brain fog from that- took about a month to recover. As your hormones recover it will subside, if its getting better then just relax, you'll be back to normal soon enough.

pendo747

Reaction score
Feeling even better today. I have been sticking with a paleo diet over the last week and have pretty much drank only water and small amount of OJ and milk. No caffeine or soda. Keeping sugar low. I wont attempt any alcohol for another 2 months. I feel like the mental block and brain fog have lifted quite a bit. Very thankful for this. Im going to be as healthy as possible for couple months. Will keep you posted. I have taken vitamin d3 and vitamin e along with mulivitamin...and prayers. finasteride is scary stuff if your body has a reaction. I dont think it is worth the risk.

Sub8large

Reaction score
funniest thing i've read all day.

you really do sound like a nutcase. you seem to have a myriad of mental issues. saw palmetto does literally nothing, keep coping.

JTS

Banned
Reaction score
funniest thing i've read all day.

you really do sound like a nutcase. you seem to have a myriad of mental issues. saw palmetto does literally nothing, keep coping.

PFS is a medically recognized condition. I'd love to hear what mental issues can cause body hair to fall out. You should show respect for people who are suffering, one day you or someone you know will be in a similar situation.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder if PFS might be some sort of allergic reaction. It's weird that people get permanent effects.

pageidol

Reaction score
The thread user pleasedontuseSP has died, he killed himself a week ago. Couldnt live like that anymore the poor guy. Hes a link to his video

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The thread user pleasedontuseSP has died, he killed himself a week ago. Couldnt live like that anymore the poor guy. Hes a link to his video

holy sh*t, that was the guy that started this thread??? I feel horrible for the poor guy. You're saying SAW PALMETTO did this to him?