Sandalore - Chemical Used In Perfumes To Mimic Sandalwood Triggers Growth?

Dave721

Reaction score
Could someone state why mixing this strait in your minoxidil (assuming you use it) is a bad idea? Its already soluble in it and you already apply it. Whats the downside? Interaction concerns or something? If it interacted, seems like it would happen in the scalp anyway if you were applying it.

Aliens

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys maybe instead of adding drops that are not very precise measurement you should first dilute sandalore in another solution (like ethanol I dont know). This way you will be able to do measurable quantities of sandalore while keeping the concentration low.

floschen

My Regimen
Reaction score
Turns out you can avoid precipitation by first dissolving the Sandalore in your solvent of choice. See:

https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/comments/9rbf7b/sandalore_a_scientific_homemade_approch/

This won't work, on the chemical point of view, it makes no difference wether you first dissolve the Sandalore in a solvent and then add water or wether you first mix the solvent with water and then add Sandalore.

Try doing it with a higher concentration of Sandalore, then you will clearly see that the Sandalore will precipitate as soon as you add water. You will see an oily film on top

ImpedingReceding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I´m from Sweden where alcohol is highly regulated, could i perhaps use hand sanitizer to dissolve the sandalore then add it to some minoxidil?
it´s 68% ethanol, 13,1% Propan-2-ol.

FinePhotograph

My Regimen
Reaction score
This won't work, on the chemical point of view, it makes no difference wether you first dissolve the Sandalore in a solvent and then add water or wether you first mix the solvent with water and then add Sandalore.

Try doing it with a higher concentration of Sandalore, then you will clearly see that the Sandalore will precipitate as soon as you add water. You will see an oily film on top
Hm ok. What do you suggest? The official formula developed by the company that was put in the nature paper reads:

LOTION component (INCI name) quantity (w/w %) Alcohol denat 15-35 PEG-40 Hydrogenated castor oil 0.5-3 Sandal pentanol 0.1 -10.0 Ethoxydiglycol 0.25-1 .0 Aqua q.s. to 100 g

My Interpretation:
15-35% denatured alcohol(ethanol)
0.5-3% castor oil
0.1-10% sandalore
Not sure what this ingredient is
And then as much water as is needed.

Re precipitation, you're right. I tried this mixture last night and saw that the water became greyish/filmy when I mixed it together and that there were oil type bubbles at the top of the solution. Any ideas? I'm not sure how comfortable I am with putting pure DMSO on my head, if that's what's required.

cloudsanrain

Established Member
Reaction score
Hm ok. What do you suggest? The official formula developed by the company that was put in the nature paper reads:

LOTION component (INCI name) quantity (w/w %) Alcohol denat 15-35 PEG-40 Hydrogenated castor oil 0.5-3 Sandal pentanol 0.1 -10.0 Ethoxydiglycol 0.25-1 .0 Aqua q.s. to 100 g

My Interpretation:
15-35% denatured alcohol(ethanol)
0.5-3% castor oil
0.1-10% sandalore
Not sure what this ingredient is
And then as much water as is needed.

Re precipitation, you're right. I tried this mixture last night and saw that the water became greyish/filmy when I mixed it together and that there were oil type bubbles at the top of the solution. Any ideas? I'm not sure how comfortable I am with putting pure DMSO on my head, if that's what's required.
What I have read you should add sandalore to the alcohol first shake and let it desolve for awhile then add the rest .

FinePhotograph

My Regimen
Reaction score
What I have read you should add sandalore to the alcohol first shake and let it desolve for awhile then add the rest .
Right, I did add it to the dmso and let it dissolve. But when I tried a higher concentration and did the same thing, it precipitated out. Guess I should ask a chem major I know.

lark

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you. I wonder how much four drops is in milliliters. One teaspoon is about five milliliters.

In general, a drop of water is .05ml. So four drops would be .2ml. Different liquids have different surface tensions so the number may vary but probably not by a significant amount...

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions on applying the vanicream/sandalore mixture onto the scalp with long hair? Feel like for me the majority will get wasted and stick to my hair..

Chiozza7

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions on applying the vanicream/sandalore mixture onto the scalp with long hair? Feel like for me the majority will get wasted and stick to my hair..
I agree this is something I'm interested in as well. It seems most people have their heads shaved down. And what if thinning is occurring all over your head in a DUPA pattern.

longway66

My Regimen
Reaction score
The follicles respond to a different time and rate, remember that each of them are unique with its metabolism. let the body do what it known how to do. The temples are the proof of fire for sandalore, and for every substance. I see very promising this substance. Time will have the last word, but for what I see is a matter of days not months like every body says, back in 1993 I had a very impressive regrowth, I was taking Bactrim(Sulfamethoxazole + Trimethoprim) for an infection and Dextromethorphan(Chronic cough) and I saw the regrowth(bald for years) in just a week!!! so I repeated the same dosage 3 times in different months and even when I was not sick, and nothing, i don't know what i did, damn!!!! in those days I was working for a company making iron works,welding, so maybe, just maybe the smoke from the welding smells like sandalore? or the skin interpret that odor like sandalore? it is just an hypothesis. Question: any body knows what sandalore smells? I'm curious about that

hailbrotzu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree this is something I'm interested in as well. It seems most people have their heads shaved down. And what if thinning is occurring all over your head in a DUPA pattern.

Look at my photos i have long hair

bluesuedeshoes

Established Member
Reaction score
I´m from Sweden where alcohol is highly regulated, could i perhaps use hand sanitizer to dissolve the sandalore then add it to some minoxidil?
it´s 68% ethanol, 13,1% Propan-2-ol.

If it's anything similar to the stuff we have over here then I'd avoid. That sh*t dries within a few seconds.

I'd just find any cream that has decent permeating ingredients and add it to that.

ImpedingReceding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If it's anything similar to the stuff we have over here then I'd avoid. That sh*t dries within a few seconds.

I'd just find any cream that has decent permeating ingredients and add it to that.

Any tips on what type of cream that might be, sometimes i feel like a toddler in a room full of chemists here!

bluesuedeshoes

Established Member
Reaction score
Any tips on what type of cream that might be, sometimes i feel like a toddler in a room full of chemists here!

It's a room full of people using google (apologies to any chemists who are present).

Which is what I'd be using if I pretended to know what cream could help you here. Probably something without a scent and that doesnt dry too quickly!

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Many users have been using a 1% solution here and reporting no side effects.

Message to these users: Has anyone considered upping the sandalore %? Maybe to 2%?

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score

The guy who was using Vanicream left out the small detail that it won't work with long hair. I, like you, thought it could work for long hair. I bought the Vanicream, asked him for instructions, and then told me privately that it's still a lotion when he applies it to his scalp. Something he probably should've mentioned before telling everyone his combination.

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The guy who was using Vanicream left out the small detail that it won't work with long hair. I, like you, thought it could work for long hair. I bought the Vanicream, asked him for instructions, and then told me privately that it's still a lotion when he applies it to his scalp. Something he probably should've mentioned before telling everyone his combination.

I disagree, I'm currently on day 3 and it's much harder to apply on long hair.. I have to part my hair, use fingertips. A lot gets wasted.. You saying this won't work on long hair is insinuating that sandalore dosent maintain or regrow with users that have long hair..

In truth it's just harder to apply and much more ends up on the hair strands itself...