Sandalore - Chemical Used In Perfumes To Mimic Sandalwood Triggers Growth?

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Water is the issue as sandalore is insoluble in water. I'm no chemist but I imagine some of it would not be dissolved. I'm just using propylene glycol and alcohol for this reason.

applying straight alcohol based topical on your scalp ? sh*t that must burns and smell like hell ?

Aliens

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I am thinking about giving it a try but I am allergic to PG so I think I will try to use it with a mix of KB concentrate (you know the thing people used for RU) and ethanol.
What do you think of it? Also which concentration of sandalwood should I use?

Thank you!

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you drop in the sandalore and just let it diffuse? Or did you stir it?

Seems you're having trouble mixing the sandalore and the vanicream?
Maybe ensure before each use you give the mixture a good shake/mix - like you would just before drinking orange juice ;)

FinePhotograph

My Regimen
Reaction score
DMSO just arrived. It's crystallized (due to the cold I guess) so I'll have to defrost it. Gonna add a drop of sandalore to it and see what happens. Wish me luck boys.

Renegade000

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
DMSO just arrived. It's crystallized (due to the cold I guess) so I'll have to defrost it. Gonna add a drop of sandalore to it and see what happens. Wish me luck boys.

How much vehicle are you adding a drop to?

I’m wondering if a drop in a 60ml bottle of minoxidil is sufficient.
I’m not comfortable with the 1% concentration which many people here have arbitrarily decided to go for.

FinePhotograph

My Regimen
Reaction score
How much vehicle are you adding a drop to?

I’m wondering if a drop in a 60ml bottle of minoxidil is sufficient.
I’m not comfortable with the 1% concentration which many people here have arbitrarily decided to go for.
So I think the concentration of the study is 500 micromolar. I added two drops to ~480 mls of water and 2 mls of DMSO for solubility purposes. I think I may dump out some of the solution and go for 1 drop per 500 mls.

floschen

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I think the concentration of the study is 500 micromolar. I added two drops to ~480 mls of water and 2 mls of DMSO for solubility purposes. I think I may dump out some of the solution and go for 1 drop per 500 mls.

I highly doubt that Sandalore actually dissolved in 98% water

Renegade000

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know the ratio which is is recommended to be dissolved to for perfumes? We should find out. I would not be too comfortable exceeding that ratio.

Zwillard90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone one have any results too post? I am getting that vanicream very soon, my other mix hasn't been doing much at all.