Sandalore - Chemical Used In Perfumes To Mimic Sandalwood Triggers Growth?

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What’s the bets this stuff regrows hair but causes cancer! Nothing with hairloss is ever this simple.

Yes androgenetic alopecia is not simple but you have literally no scientific basis to back your statement, saying sh*t like this scares of people from trying treatments that can actually aid them and us.

Stupid post..

Yorch

My Regimen
Reaction score
The last photo of the balding God is not very positive for me.Its only my opinion

INT

Reaction score
The last photo of the balding God is not very positive for me.Its only my opinion

It's not just your opinion, it is a fact. Not enough time has passed to see any significant increase or decrease.

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update: So I've been applying this stuff once a day to only along the balding/receding area of my forehead for the past 3 weeks. Not sure if it's all in my head or what, but it sure looks like there's more vellus hair than there used to be. I also have this one hair that is still hanging in there over the years that has a short life cycle (falls out after growing a few millimeters and grows out again pretty quickly). Anyway I noticed that there is another really small hair growing out of the same follicle which I haven't seen before. I have my doubts that the vellus hair will become regular sized hair but I'm still encouraged to keep applying this stuff.

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update: So I've been applying this stuff once a day to only along the balding area of my forehead for the past 3 weeks. Not sure if it's all in my head or what, but it sure looks like there's more vellus hair than there use to be. I also have this one hair that is still hanging in there over the years that has a short life cycle (falls out after growing a few millimeters and grows out again pretty quickly). Anyway I noticed that there is another really small hair growing out of the same follicle which I haven't seen before. I have my doubts that the vellus hair will become regular sized hair but I'm still encouraged to keep applying this stuff.

Have you been shedding? Or have you seen a decrease in the number of hairs you've shed in the past 3 weeks?

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you been shedding? Or have you seen a decrease in the number of hairs you've shed in the past 3 weeks?

I quit applying this stuff to my whole scalp because I felt it wasn't decreasing shedding and I've been applying it only along the receded area of my forehead just to keep experimenting to see if it would promote regrowth.

ImpedingReceding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are there any reasons not to add sandalore to Minoxidil and do it that way? I have 0.06 ml sandalore in my 60 ml minoxidil bottle. Have been applying it for about three weeks, to early to tell if it works. But are there any reasons to why minoxidil might mess with the process?

thejuiceman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are there any reasons not to add sandalore to Minoxidil and do it that way? I have 0.06 ml sandalore in my 60 ml minoxidil bottle. Have been applying it for about three weeks, to early to tell if it works. But are there any reasons to why minoxidil might mess with the process?
Water is the issue as sandalore is insoluble in water. I'm no chemist but I imagine some of it would not be dissolved. I'm just using propylene glycol and alcohol for this reason.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes androgenetic alopecia is not simple but you have literally no scientific basis to back your statement, saying sh*t like this scares of people from trying treatments that can actually aid them and us.

Stupid post..
You mean it scares people that are being human guinea pigs. Of course I have no scientific evidence but like I said nothing with hairloss is simple. Might not be as bad as cancer but do you really know anything about it? What tests have you done? I’ve read the warnings about handling it.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You mean it scares people that are being human guinea pigs. Of course I have no scientific evidence but like I said nothing with hairloss is simple. Might not be as bad as cancer but do you really know anything about it? What tests have you done? I’ve read the warnings about handling it.

yes maybe if you handle the pure molecule and put it directly on your scalp. Now, It is used for cosmetics (between 5% and 10%). But for our purpose here it s diluted (0,01% to 1%).so I dare to say we are pretty safe plus remember another product (bioscalin SR) already exists and act on this olfactive receptor.
That said, why wouldnt it be that simple? I have always thought that if a cure comes that would come from a completely random and cheap stuff. I have even dreamed about it. Don't get me wrong I dont say this sandalore is the cure. But generally speaking that would make a mockery of all big pharmas groups and their endless trials! I'd love it.

Sam240

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am also unsure about the changes seen in the pictures thus far, especially due to inconsistent lighting, angles and so on. But I guess we really need more time to assess. The self-assessments of posters have all been positive, which is making me very hopeful. Thanks for the pics guys. Keep on posting!

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As promised just had a buzz cut. Day 7 left day 14 right

Attachments

• 20181119_132452.jpg
    20181119_132452.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 1,047

gmachine

Reaction score
i'm trying not to get overly excited but i guess i'll add my observations to the pile:
i've been mixing a few drops of this into my minoxidil since ~Sept 30
since then, my scalp has felt 'better' (tho a little dry), my hair has been looking and feeling slightly fuller and i've been shedding less, and i'm seeing a number of light (maybe new?) hairs pop up along my hairline. the nearly transparent little fellas all over my temples seem darker, but they definitely aren't more visible in any meaningful sense yet.
will keep y'all posted and if the changes become more noticeable i'll put up some pics. i hope this isn't all in my head!

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Progress update:

Its working. You can see the large velus hairs growing. My original hair is growing faster than it did before. My hair feels stronger. I've been applying dilution 1% with unscented lotion for 35 days now, then switched to 0.75% because I feel like the less I put on, the more it works (applying it twice a day). You can really see the velus hair growth in the last pictures. I don't see why anyone wouldnt start using this. I'm just hoping my velus hairs continue to grow at this rate and I'll have a full head of hair (albeit it would be very light hair). I'm not planning on shaving my head soon, but i will post updates when i get a hair cut (short on sides, high on top).

Your vellus hair is definitely getting longer, it will take time for them to turn terminal plus you have fair hair so it will be a bit more difficult to tell until they get much longer. When I started minoxidil I had the same thing however I still have vellus hairs that are around 1cm long but won't grow but if things carry on going you should regain your hairline in the pattern you can see. I don't think any chemical compound will bring back anyone past NW2 back to NW1, gaining one norwood seems to be the limit as there seems to be a point of no return.

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Way too early to early for anything signifcant to be apparent but give it a couple of months.
Agreed but does look like some small hair starting to come in by my mole

Attachments

• Collage 2018-11-19 14_26_29.jpg
    Collage 2018-11-19 14_26_29.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 592

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Agreed but does look like some small hair starting to come in by my mole

You really need to get a digital mircoscope if you want to track that, especially as you have a good reference point. Normal terminal hair grows at about 0.4mm a day so you would get a good idea within a week of progress. Resolution is not important but the ability to focus and maintain focus is. There choice however seems to be between cheap $15 ebay that may be rubbish and really expensive.