Sandalore - Chemical Used In Perfumes To Mimic Sandalwood Triggers Growth?

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Before, day 7 and day 11

Attachments

• 20181116_123857.jpg
    20181116_123857.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 5,151

Renegade000

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what exactly are you concerned about?
looks like a typical description of a fragrance to me

Well it would appear to have toxic properties and I guess we don't have any information for the ratio it should be diluted for application on human skin? Or do we? We need this info.
I am somewhat reluctant to put anything on my scalp which I would not be willing to take in orally.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I looked over the study posted on the first page but could not see anything specific about the amount of sandalore used. They referenced 5oo micromoles as being the most effective but that doesn't say say anything about a 1% or .01% concentration. Unless I'm just losing it, I'm not seeing it.

floschen

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am somewhat reluctant to put anything on my scalp which I would not be willing to take in orally.

Well then you should probably stop using soap, shampoo or any kind of skin lotions :D

I looked over the study posted on the first page but could not see anything specific about the amount of sandalore used. They referenced 5oo micromoles as being the most effective but that doesn't say say anything about a 1% or .01% concentration. Unless I'm just losing it, I'm not seeing it.

they used 500µM and µM is short for µmol/L, so they used 500 micromoles per litre, which equals a concentration of 0.01%

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well then you should probably stop using soap, shampoo or any kind of skin lotions :D

they used 500µM and µM is short for µmol/L, so they used 500 micromoles per litre, which equals a concentration of 0.01%

Thanks floschen. So, MW of Sandalore is 210.361 g/mol. This would mean we need .210g X 500/L for a .01% concentration. Correct? I will weigh out this amount to determine the ml of that weight when I get home tonight. Unless you already know the ml amount of Sandalore for that concentration. Must take into account total volume though which includes the additional volume of solute.

irulan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks floschen. So, MW of Sandalore is 210.361 g/mol. This would mean we need .210g X 500/L for a .01% concentration. Correct? I will weigh out this amount to determine the ml of that weight when I get home tonight. Unless you already know the ml amount of Sandalore for that concentration. Must take into account total volume though which includes the additional volume of solute.

You don't need to weigh.
The density of Sandalore (presumably) at room temperature is 0.898 g/ml, so 1 Mole = 210.361 g = 234.26 ml

floschen

My Regimen
Reaction score

0.210 g is a millimole, a micromole is 0.00021g
so 0.00021g x 500 /L or just 0.21 g x 0.5 /L to get 500 micromoles per litre, which is roughly 0.1ml per litre

(I'm personally using a concentration of 0.2% btw)

ihatebackstabbers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This recent comment from November 11 on the listing would worry me:

"Like others have written, there is no fragrance with this sandalore. I have a bottle of sandalwood oil for comparison and basically there is no comparison: the sandalwood oil has a fragrance and the sandalore does not."

floschen

My Regimen
Reaction score

"Like others have written, there is no fragrance with this sandalore. I have a bottle of sandalwood oil for comparison and basically there is no comparison: the sandalwood oil has a fragrance and the sandalore does not."

nothing to worry there, some people (me included) just can't smell it

kashmoney

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I got it and I definitely smelled sandalwood. Literally the smell completely filled my bathroom for a while

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
0.210 g is a millimole, a micromole is 0.00021g
so 0.00021g x 500 /L or just 0.21 g x 0.5 /L to get 500 micromoles per litre, which is roughly 0.1ml per litre

(I'm personally using a concentration of 0.2% btw)

That is certainly a high concentration relative to the experiment, but they were bathing the cells in it. So, it will be very interesting to see how it works for you.