Sandalore - Chemical Used In Perfumes To Mimic Sandalwood Triggers Growth?

FinePhotograph

My Regimen
Reaction score
F me, had a bottle of rubbing alcohol in the kitchen and took a quick look at the label. WATER is listed as an inactive ingredient, the same thing Sanalore is insoluble in. I guess it is near impossible to find 100% alcohol. In the study it says they used 1% DMSO, does anyone else know what the other ingredient was? Wondering if we should contact the authors of the study and if they would even respond. Very frustrating.

UPDATE: saw this on one of the chemical suppliers:
Soluble in:
alcohol
water, 17 mg/L @ 20 °C (exp)
Insoluble in:
water

Am I reading this correctly? Up to 17mg of Sandalore is soluble in 1 liter of water, and anything over 17mg would settle to the bottom or top of the solution? In that case, we should be okay since we are using such a tiny concentration of Sandalore.
This is odd, because I am using a small concentration of Sandalore, which I first dissolve in DMSO. I still get a precipitate at the end.

thejuiceman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is odd, because I am using a small concentration of Sandalore, which I first dissolve in DMSO. I still get a precipitate at the end.
Are you using just DMSO? I believe the study used 2% DMSO not that it should matter whether it dissolves or not. I did a little experiment, took a small glass bowl, filled it with just water and put a drop of Sandalore in. Like I expected it just sat on top and didn't move at all. Then I filled the bowl with 70% rubbing alcohol and did the same thing. The drop of Sandalore did go through the solution and looked to partly dissolve but then would sink to the bottom and flatten out. I couldn't really tell if part of it dissolved, but I'm guessing yes. I think I'm going to use two solutions, one with alcohol/pg/sandalore and one with just pg/2%DMSO/sandalore

FinePhotograph

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you using just DMSO? I believe the study used 2% DMSO not that it should matter whether it dissolves or not. I did a little experiment, took a small glass bowl, filled it with just water and put a drop of Sandalore in. Like I expected it just sat on top and didn't move at all. Then I filled the bowl with 70% rubbing alcohol and did the same thing. The drop of Sandalore did go through the solution and looked to partly dissolve but then would sink to the bottom and flatten out. I couldn't really tell if part of it dissolved, but I'm guessing yes. I think I'm going to use two solutions, one with alcohol/pg/sandalore and one with just pg/2%DMSO/sandalore
So I used a small quantity of dmso, in which i dissolved the sandalore. The sandalore dissolved fine (DMSO dissolves basically everything lol),I then added this dissolved solution to distilled water. Is the water the culprit? I'm just not comfortable putting pure DMSO on my head. What do you think should be used instead of water?

thejuiceman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I used a small quantity of dmso, in which i dissolved the sandalore. The sandalore dissolved fine (DMSO dissolves basically everything lol),I then added this dissolved solution to distilled water. Is the water the culprit? I'm just not comfortable putting pure DMSO on my head. What do you think should be used instead of water?
Ah, that explains it. I think we should be using propylene glycol instead of water.

floschen

My Regimen
Reaction score
Then I filled the bowl with 70% rubbing alcohol and did the same thing. The drop of Sandalore did go through the solution and looked to partly dissolve but then would sink to the bottom and flatten out. I couldn't really tell if part of it dissolved, but I'm guessing yes.

If you had waited some time, you would have seen that the Sandalore completely dissolves in 70% rubbing alcohol

floschen

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't tell if you're trolling me or not, definitely should not take that long. I think there is a reason they specified DMSO in the study and not alcohol.

I'm not trolling, not everything dissolves almost instantly in everything where it's soluble in (you could speed this process up by increasing the velocity of the molecules (shaking or warming up))

put a big piece of salt in a glass of water, it will also take hours until it's completely dissolved

Zwillard90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anybody else on here getting any results?? Or does anyone have any pictures of progress? been using the vanicream and sandalore mixture now for about 4 days no improvement as of yet. Do you guys think is it bad to be putting lotion on your hair? Honestly praying for a bit of regrowth!

staresatwalls

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anybody else on here getting any results?? Or does anyone have any pictures of progress? been using the vanicream and sandalore mixture now for about 4 days no improvement as of yet. Do you guys think is it bad to be putting lotion on your hair? Honestly praying for a bit of regrowth!

I started today morning, no results yet!! I will report again evening fingers crossed

Kingboo83

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm currently testing this because I experienced a telogen effluvium many months ago due to a disease (I have no genetic balding). Only 3 days in, but here is my mixture:

2 oz isopropyl alcohol
.5 oz distilled water
2 ml propylene glycol
1 ml Sandalore
1 ml DMSO

Will update later

FinePhotograph

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm currently testing this because I experienced a telogen effluvium many months ago due to a disease (I have no genetic balding). Only 3 days in, but here is my mixture:

2 oz isopropyl alcohol
.5 oz distilled water
2 ml propylene glycol
1 ml Sandalore
1 ml DMSO

Will update later
Does the ISO alcohol irritate your scalp? Sounds drying as hell.

Kingboo83

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does the ISO alcohol irritate your scalp? Sounds drying as hell.

Nope, haven't experienced any problems like that yet. I think the propylene glycol helps counteract some of the drying effect by retaining moisture in the scalp, but the alcohol still stings as ever if it gets anywhere near my eyes, even if it's been diluted (although that can still be expected, regardless). I thought it would be severely drying too, but so far, so good.

My hair itself also isn't dried out after using it too.

FinePhotograph

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nope, haven't experienced any problems like that yet. I think the propylene glycol helps counteract some of the drying effect by retaining moisture in the scalp, but the alcohol still stings as ever if it gets anywhere near my eyes, even if it's been diluted (although that can still be expected, regardless). I thought it would be severely drying too, but so far, so good.

My hair itself also isn't dried out after using it too.
got it. I'll wait till I get some PG to try this.