Sandalore - Chemical Used In Perfumes To Mimic Sandalwood Triggers Growth?

Zwillard90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
An what is your other mix?

mine is distilled water, castor oil, tea tree oil, peppermint oil, eucalyptus oil, some alcohol, and sandalore in a 30ml spray bottle. Use it usually twice a day. its only been 2 weeks but haven't noticed any changes. Nothing has gotten worse either though. Gonna go for the vanicream mixed with sandalore applications once I get it.

rxmn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Someone mentioned that Sandalore is actually bad for hair at a certain concentration. Is there any truth to this?

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Someone mentioned that Sandalore is actually bad for hair at a certain concentration. Is there any truth to this?

The authors identified that a high dose of Sandalore caused hair growth inhibition and premature catagen, upregulated hair matrix keratinocyte apoptosis and IGF-1 production. Unfortunately they do not define what a high-dose was.

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know the reason for using Vanicream? Can we substitute with another lotion? It's rather expensive..

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
has anyone tried mixing sandalore with emu oil or any kind of oil rather than using ethanol

My sandalore/ethanol mix was fine until I added a few drops of rosemary and castor oil. Then it started to gum up my spray bottle. Not like a gummy residue but like the oils were separating out. Shaking the bottle when I first mixed it up, I guess was just making a suspension and not a solution. I'm going to use the Sand/ETOH spray as a pre-topical, then add minoxidil or other stuff an hour or so later.

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
Okey so when looking at the study (https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-018-05973-0) we can see the following information at the bottom :

Competing interests
J.C., M.B., L.P., J.L. and M.A. are or were employees of Monasterium Laboratory GmbH, Münster, which was founded by R.P. R.P., also serves as consultant for Giuliani Pharma, which has filed a patent on the use of compounds and compositions targeting OR2AT4 for hair growth-promotion or inhibition in humans (wo2017198818 (a1)—compounds for promoting hair growth and/or inhibiting or delaying hair loss in humans, and compositions for such uses). The remaining authors declare no competing interests.

Okey so there is a patent going on for hair loss solutions containing Sandalore (guess this was for bioscalin??) :

https://patents.google.com/patent/WO2017198818A1/en

Just to cite an example lotion of the patent with sandalore and hair loss :
EXAMPLE 1
LOTION

component (INCI name) quantity (w/w %)
Alcohol denat 15-35
PEG-40 Hydrogenated castor oil 0.5-3
Sandal pentanol 0.1 -10.0
Ethoxydiglycol 0.25-1 .0
Aqua q.s. to 100 g

So according to the people who did the study, they also consulted to a usage of 0.1-10 % of sandalore for lotions ( if im right).
I mean if they propose between 0.1-10% then it can not be that unsafe?

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My sandalore/ethanol mix was fine until I added a few drops of rosemary and castor oil. Then it started to gum up my spray bottle. Not like a gummy residue but like the oils were separating out. Shaking the bottle when I first mixed it up, I guess was just making a suspension and not a solution. I'm going to use the Sand/ETOH spray as a pre-topical, then add minoxidil or other stuff an hour or so later.

You've been using this for a few weeks now, right? Do you notice any reduction in shedding or peach fuzz growth yet?

thejuiceman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know it's not very scientific since I don't have before and after photos, but I have been experiencing really good results so far. Things I've noticed: new dark hairs below my hairline that were never there before and hair is getting considerably longer. I've been using Sandalore for a month give or take.

-Link-

Established Member
Reaction score
I know it's not very scientific since I don't have before and after photos, but I have been experiencing really good results so far. Things I've noticed: new dark hairs below my hairline that were never there before and hair is getting considerably longer. I've been using Sandalore for a month give or take.
Do you mix it with ethanol? Vanicream? At 1 percent? Please share more information.

thejuiceman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you mix it with ethanol? Vanicream? At 1 percent? Please share more information.
I am doing around 60% rubbing alcohol and 40% propylene glycol in an empty minoxodil bottle with 4 drops of sandalore which I got at perfumers apprentice. Been applying it more or less every day. I counted 7 new thick hairs that are not vellous fuzz below my hairline. I am pretty confident this is working, even though I was skeptical before to be seeing results this soon.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am doing around 60% rubbing alcohol and 40% propylene glycol in an empty minoxodil bottle with 4 drops of sandalore which I got at perfumers apprentice. Been applying it more or less every day. I counted 7 new thick hairs that are not vellous fuzz below my hairline. I am pretty confident this is working, even though I was skeptical before to be seeing results this soon.
Can you please take pics every week so we can see if your hair overall is getting thicker?

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
You've been using this for a few weeks now, right? Do you notice any reduction in shedding or peach fuzz growth yet?

I never really had shedding where you would see significant hair in the shower drain or hair brush. I guess because the loss was slow. And no, no vellus hair sprouting at all. I was a non-responder to minoxidil also.

maballack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys is this the sandalore you order it from amazon

Attachments

• 15427727702765949376365854669564.jpg
    15427727702765949376365854669564.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 606

ImpedingReceding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some people here has mentioned Minoxidil not being a good thing to mix in and that you should rather use stuff like ethanol, Propylene glycol and distilled water. But those are the ingredients of minoxidil? Is the point that one should put the sandalore in a solvent first THEN water?

thejuiceman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some people here has mentioned Minoxidil not being a good thing to mix in and that you should rather use stuff like ethanol, Propylene glycol and distilled water. But those are the ingredients of minoxidil? Is the point that one should put the sandalore in a solvent first THEN water?
I use just ethanol and pg because of sandalore being insoluble in water. It's a little more viscous than minoxidil but seems to get the job done.

FinePhotograph

My Regimen
Reaction score