Sandalore - Chemical Used In Perfumes To Mimic Sandalwood Triggers Growth?

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@kiwipilu where did you buy your sandalore?
pellwall it comes from the uk and for europeans they avoid customs tax. I bought the smaller size(30g) but they also listed 10ml so I thought there were 2 forms available(liquid /powder). :eek:
that said the soap you listed won't do anything. it's a sandalwood bar not sandalore synthetic odorant

BaldAsshole

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ayer hablé con la clínica que lleva el estudio del sándalo en Las Palmas y me comentan que solo estamos usándolo en las mujeres y solo para evitar la caída pero no ha crecido pelo nuevo

Extremely disappointing then, which is the usual result here.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Trichosan I though this was also available in powder form but I was wrong. I received my small batch in same container as you.so you just weight 10mg of the liquid,you put in 100ml vehicle and that's it? ty

I used 1 ml of Sandalore liquid straight out of the container to 100 ml of 70% Ethanol. But ChrisGeorge in previous post said this was too much, saying it should be .1 gm (and I assume thus 1 ml) per 100 Ethanol. His post here:

"ChrisGeorge said:
Hi Trichosan,

I have double-checked your maths using your website. You have used the wrong concentration.

You have a concentration of 5000μM, you are 10x higher than the concentration in the study!! The correct blending ratio is 1.05g per 1 litre for 500μM concentration, or 0.105g per 100ml.

I would recommend re-blending this using the correct concentration to avoid any adverse side effects."

This, he says was the proper concentration used in the study.

thejuiceman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A guy from reddit posted this which appears in the study footnotes, shows why you shouldn't be using too much sandalore. Really you shouldn't be using more than a drop in a minoxidil bottle, two drops at the most
"If you read the paper, it's clearly said: " A high-dose of Sandalore inhibited hair growth(shortened anagen and prematurely induced catagen and up-regulated hair matrix keratinocyte apoptosis) and intrafollicular production". That is a long sentence to say "it causes baldness"

Last edited:

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm inclined to follow exactly what is done in the research because it seems succesful and I recall too much of the chemical was adverse. But I don't recall reading how they arrived at that concentration that makes it effective.
My next batch, due now, will be .105 mg. I'll take the actual weight to verify volume. I ordered the larger quantity 255 g. That should last several lifetimes.

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys do we even need to dilute this at all?

if its already a liquid why not just apply a very small amount on, apparently this works by its "scent" interacting with the follicles, its abit of a crazy theory but if that is true im not sure if you would want to mix it with anything that could disrupt it.

vegetassj

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I had 10ml of a „minoxidil“ and wirh 0,1% it would be 0,01ml right? i tried to put in two small drops with an injection needle. Basically have no clue how close I was to 0,01ml.

What could happen if I mixed in like 0,05ml any consequences? :-/

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
A guy from reddit posted this which appears in the study footnotes, shows why you shouldn't be using too much sandalore. Really you shouldn't be using more than a drop in a minoxidil bottle, two drops at the most
"If you read the paper, it's clearly said: " A high-dose of Sandalore inhibited hair growth(shortened anagen and prematurely induced catagen and up-regulated hair matrix keratinocyte apoptosis) and intrafollicular production". That is a long sentence to say "it causes baldness"
he also said the high tolerance would be estimated about 56 -100gram per liter...which would be 5,6 -10%

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't recall reading how they arrived at that concentration that makes it effective

It was talked about in the Supplementary Data.
Supplementary Notes 1 said:
Given the extremely scarce availability of human scalp HFs, classical dose-response studies are generally not possible, and the test agent concentrations used must be carefully selected. The choice of 500µM was based on the previously established dose–response curve of Sandalore®-induced Ca2+ signals on HaCaT cells and human keratinocytes (3) where the IC50 was 430µM. In this previous study, we had also shown that, at 500µM, the proliferation and migration of human epidermal keratinocytes is significantly increased compared to vehicle and that the reepithelialisation of experimental human skin wounds ex vivo is significantly accelerated, while concentrations below 100µM failed to activate OR2AT4 (3). In additional preparatory experiments, we had also compared the effects of 50 and 500µM of Sandalore® on hair matrix keratinocyte proliferation/apoptosis as well as on OR2AT4 expression; again, this demonstrated maximal effects at 500µM (Fig. 3a-e). In addition, toxicological screens such as genotoxicity and cytotoxicity test in vitro, and carcinogenicity test in vivo, Sandalore® did not exhibit carcinogenicity (4). Furthermore, Sandalore® is not listed as carcinogenic substance by the OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration (29 CFR 1910.1001-1050)).

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I've been using this for 4 days and have gotten ZERO results. I mixed 2 drops of sandalore (which is approx. 0.1 ml) with 100 ml of ethanol. At the very least I was hoping for a reduction in shedding as some have experienced within the first day or two. I'm gonna quit and go back to using fluridil. I still plan to apply the sandalore but only along the receded hairline just to see if it results in any regrowth. But for the rest of the scalp I think the fluridil is more effective in reducing shedding even if it's only by a slight amount. FML

I used 1 ml of Sandalore liquid straight out of the container to 100 ml of 70% Ethanol. But ChrisGeorge in previous post said this was too much, saying it should be .1 gm (and I assume thus 1 ml) per 100 Ethanol. His post here:

"ChrisGeorge said:
Hi Trichosan,

I have double-checked your maths using your website. You have used the wrong concentration.

You have a concentration of 5000μM, you are 10x higher than the concentration in the study!! The correct blending ratio is 1.05g per 1 litre for 500μM concentration, or 0.105g per 100ml.

I would recommend re-blending this using the correct concentration to avoid any adverse side effects."

This, he says was the proper concentration used in the study.

That's what I originally thought. If the study used a 0.01% solution, wouldn't that mean 1 part per 1000?

Extremely disappointing then, which is the usual result here.

If all this did was reduce/slow down hairloss I'd be soooo grateful. This stuff is DIRT CHEAP and literally a tiny fraction of the cost of fluridil. Once again, FML.

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I've been using this for 4 days and have gotten ZERO results. I mixed 2 drops of sandalore (which is approx. 0.1 ml) with 100 ml of ethanol. At the very least I was hoping for a reduction in shedding as some have experienced within the first day or two. I'm gonna quit and go back to using fluridil. I still plan to apply the sandalore but only along the receded hairline just to see if it results in any regrowth. But for the rest of the scalp I think the fluridil is more effective in reducing shedding even if it's only by a slight amount. FML

That's what I originally thought. If the study used a 0.01% solution, wouldn't that mean 1 part per 1000?

If all this did was reduce/slow down hairloss I'd be soooo grateful. This stuff is DIRT CHEAP and literally a tiny fraction of the cost of fluridil. Once again, FML.

You’re expecting results after 4 days?

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You’re expecting results after 4 days?

Yes. There are people in this thread who have noticed a reduction in shedding within the first 1-2 days. Also, the guy on reddit claims he experienced baby hairs growing on a previously bald spot after only a week of use.

sticksman

My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah agree. been balding for nearly 20 years. doubt its gonna come back overnight. Im using this stuff with coconut oil. concentration could be 5 %. obviously too strong but now diluting it. recently had pain in penis area. seems consistent with prostrate issues. Could be coincidental but doubt it. pain is now gone but scary. Prostrate baldness links have been well documented recently. anyone else had this? by the way...no groth yet