Sandalore - Chemical Used In Perfumes To Mimic Sandalwood Triggers Growth?

Renegade000

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m considering to put 3 drops in minoxidil. Has anyone had results form a concentration of 0.25% or less? Or are all the good results from 1%?

turfboy

Reaction score
Pixie, I've been doing this for about six weeks. There's been some trial and error along the way. In fact, still tweaking things.

turfboy

Reaction score
Renegade, I started off with a bit higher than one percent but my initial mixture has changed over the weeks. I'm now leaning toward less is more but not totally convinced as of now.

turfboy

Reaction score
As I said, there has been some trial and error, but here is what I've been doing the past 6 weeks.

Week 1 - mixture of cod liver oil (1050 mg Omega 3 plus vitamins A and D) and approx. 1.5% sandalore. I also have androgenetic alopecia itch and from time to time douse my head in tea (most recently black tea leaves steeped in hot water). The polyphenos/antioxidants make my scalp feel better and reduce inflammation, the caffeine is said to benefit hair growth. Green tea is also good (I believe not as many antioxidants as the black but it also has EGCG which is said to stimulate hair growth)

Notes: scalp felt better, perhaps a slight thickening, darkening difficult to say.

Week 2 - changed mixture to 20% rubbing alcohol (isopropyl 91%) and approx. 1.25% sandalore and 78.75% distilled water approx.

Notes: this liquid mixture was more difficult to keep on (can run down scalp) and it dried very quickly.

Week 3-6 changed mixture to 20% rubbing alcohol (ethyl 70%) then added 1.25% sandalore and then added this to 78.75% distilled water. I also started using a peppermint oil spray daily (also continued to douse head with black tea several times a week)

Notes: A noticeable thickening and signs of new growth began to appear

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So we finally found a new treatment for hair loss?

Damn.

Sometimes the most simple things are the most effective.
Perhaps too early to tell, but it does look promising indeed!

turfboy

Reaction score
Ha, I know I posted a few times a long time ago but they seem to have disappeared over the years. Likely server or software updates sent them to the void.

turfboy

Reaction score
Forgot to add a few other things that may be of import...

1. I am not the most diligent applier of topicals. I can say I have applied my mixtures twice a day at least 85% of the time. Some days only applied once. And there was a personal funk where I did nothing for 2 maybe 3 days.

2. After taking my update photo around Dec 19, the signs of some regrowth pumped me up a bit and for two days or so I started applying the mixture 3-4 (maybe even 5) times a day. Soon after I also noticed that hair diameter/darkness seems to lose a bit. Some regrowth appeared but my hair also seemed finer than before.

3. Possibly important, roughly a week ago two other ingredients arrived and I added a few drops of ethoxydiglycol to my mixture as well as a dab of hydrogenated castor oil PEG 40

Last edited:

klerik

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know that everybody has hopes this could work and is trying different approaches mixing it or adding it to other stuff , but I feel we should give more space on the thread for the guys who are using only it without any minoxidil or finasteride use so we know that the results derived are purely from sandalore. It would be better to first know if the ingredient itself is working then how good it works in synergy with other stuff.

portaljar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone tried mixing sandalore with dmso and then adding this to distilled water?

Hi turfboy... great work,
I have mixed alcohol, sandalore, dmso, propylene glycol, water but my next mix I will first mix sandalore in dmso and add water to see if the solution is homogeneous

Aliens

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

In the mix you are using why are you all using dmso? I never heard about it and I do not know why you all use it.
Also my issue is that I am allergic to PG so I was eventually thinking of using without it would it be ok too?

Thanks!

turfboy

Reaction score
why are you all using dmso? Also my issue is that I am allergic to PG

From my earlier experience with minoxidil, I believe I am also allergic to PG. I did not use PG in my formulation above though it does now include small amounts of a similar solvent but in smaller amounts.

DMSO is a solvent but very powerful - google it and learn more before using.

portaljar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From my earlier experience with minoxidil, I believe I am also allergic to PG. I did not use PG in my formulation above though it does now include small amounts of a similar solvent but in smaller amounts.

DMSO is a solvent but very powerful - google it and learn more before using.

This is my mix order 1%:
  • isopropyl alcohol 70° 60ml
  • Sandalore 1ml (1%) ... mixing well with 70°
  • DMSO 2ml
  • propylene glycol 20ml
  • distilled water 16ml
Next order 1%
  • DMSO 2ml
  • Sandalore 1ml (1%)
  • distilled water 16ml ...
Here I will see if is dissolved and will rest somes hours
  • propylene glycol 20ml

inmyhead

Reaction score
This is my mix order 1%:
  • Sandalore 1ml (1%) ... mixing well with 70°
  • DMSO 2ml
  • propylene glycol 20ml
  • distilled water 16ml
Next order 1%
  • DMSO 2ml
  • Sandalore 1ml (1%)
  • distilled water 16ml ...
Here I will see if is dissolved and will rest somes hours
  • propylene glycol 20ml

You just wrote same thing twice

portaljar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You just wrote same thing twice

Yes, but the order can alter the product. In first mix I dissolved sandalore with alcohol, in second mix I will try to dissolve sandalore with dmso and then I will add water only to see if it remains dissolved.
thus we eliminate doubts if dmso dissolves sandalore and does not precipitate again in water

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, in a few months' time the official sandalore product should be on the market as well. By that time, first anecdotal evidence for Brotzu abd needling should be available. There is room for some bashful and prudential hope.

But in the end, what matters is our own hair, not others'. If it works for some others, it might not work for others.

We march alone in the battle against DHT

Last edited:

INT

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, in a few months' time the official sandalore correctly should be on the market as well. By that time, first anecdotal evidence for Brotzu abd needling should be available. There is room for some bashful and prudential hope.

But in the end, what matters is our own hair, not others'. If it works for some others, it might not work for others.

We march alone in the battle against DHT

The official Sandalore? What do you mean?