Sandalore - Chemical Used In Perfumes To Mimic Sandalwood Triggers Growth?

INT

Reaction score
Going to add 50% of distilled water to the mix. Dropping 2 ml ethanol daily on my hairline seems to be drying my hair at the roots.

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have read some relatively good reports in a spanish forum (no pictures though). They started with a product that seems to have sandalore already ("Bioscalin" or something) and then they switched to the homemade version because of the price. There is even a girl that claims this has been a game-changer for her.

However, I see two main differences between this recipe and the spanish recipe:
1. They use low sandalore concentrations: maximum 0.2%
2. They don't use propylene glycol but something called "transcutol" in a very low concentration. According to google, "transcutol" is "Diethylene glycol monoethyl ether". I could not find it in my country so I could not try it yet, but I plan to do it so. Some people also replaces the "transcutol" by DSMO, also in low concentrations.

Also, some people is using 40 degrees vodka instead of pure alcohol: it seems it is less irritative than pure alcohol.
Any idea how they measure the 0.2%? How many drops would that be per 100mls?

Red Rebel

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any idea how they measure the 0.2%?
Answer:

- 2ml sandalore
- 1ml DMSO
- 147 ml Vodka.

Mix that, and put it in a bottle.

Then in another bottle spray, put 15ml of the previous solution, and add 85 ml of distilled water.

Last edited:

Omega23

My Regimen
Reaction score
Which type of Vanicream are people using? Is it the Moisturising cream ?

Attachments

• CBA0EEAD-545A-4435-B3AE-FE75E230DFA0.png
    CBA0EEAD-545A-4435-B3AE-FE75E230DFA0.png
    136.2 KB · Views: 189

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so far CB results at 6 month mark surpass fina at 1 year mark.
the reason it's very obvious: CB is an androgen receptor blocker, whereas fina is a DHT synthesis blocker
testosterone alone is killing your hair at 1/10 speed of DHT, so CB protects against both T and DHT.

Test does not kill hair!

Test and dht have different actions on the receptor.

Dht deficient men have perfect hair.

INT

Reaction score
Test does not kill hair!

Test and dht have different actions on the receptor.

Dht deficient men have perfect hair.

Testosterone also hurts androgen sensitive scalp hair, just not as severe as DHT.

Aso, men on dutasteride (close to being DHT deficient) can still lose hair (happens more than you would think)

cuprous

Reaction score
Chiming in.. been on a sandalore 1% mix for about 6 weeks now. Overall I'm pretty pleased. I am dealing with temple recession mostly. I got a solid shed after initial use which has recovered. I'm seeing new hair pop up further down the hairline than I've seen before. I'll post pics in another few weeks. My hair is very blonde which makes new growth almost impossible to capture but I'll try.

I'm using Lipogaine as a vehicle. It's 65ml so I just add 0.6ml. The dropper it comes with has ml markings so its super easy to portion.

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any idea how they measure the 0.2%?
Answer:

- 2ml sandalore
- 1ml DMSO
- 147 ml Vodka.

Mix that, and put it in a bottle.

Then in another bottle spray, put 15ml of the previous solution, and add 85 ml of distilled water.
That is not .2% if you want .2% you you need to move to the thousand digit. 150ml x .002= .3ml

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That is not .2% if you want .2% you you need to move to the thousand digit. 150ml x .002= .3ml

nope. red rebel instructions are correct for 0.2%.

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
nope. red rebel instructions are correct for 0.2%.
No, it is not. That is 2% not .2%... if you multiply 150x.2 (.2=20%) you get 30ml which is 20% of 150ml. If you multiply by .02 (2%) you get 3ml.. which is a 2% solution not a .2% lol 1 ml of 100 ml is 1% 2 ml at 150ml is not .2% lol it is 2% it is wrong it is basic math. Percent is in hundredths place if you are putting a decimal in front of the number you need to go to thousand place. Very simple.

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, it is not. That is 2% not .2%... if you multiply 150x.2 (.2=20%) you get 30ml which is 20% of 150ml. If you multiply by .02 (2%) you get 3ml.. which is a 2% solution not a .2% lol 1 ml of 100 ml is 1% 2 ml at 150ml is not .2% lol it is 2% it is wrong it is basic math. Percent is in hundredths place if you are putting a decimal in front of the number you need to go to thousand place. Very simple.

did you read this line?

"Then in another bottle spray, put 15ml of the previous solution, and add 85 ml of distilled water."

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
did you read this line?

"Then in another bottle spray, put 15ml of the previous solution, and add 85 ml of distilled water."
my bad lmao I’m a little high and tired right now I did not read that line lol thank god though I thought we were all doomed if what I strictly read was true.

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Chiming in.. been on a sandalore 1% mix for about 6 weeks now. Overall I'm pretty pleased. I am dealing with temple recession mostly. I got a solid shed after initial use which has recovered. I'm seeing new hair pop up further down the hairline than I've seen before. I'll post pics in another few weeks. My hair is very blonde which makes new growth almost impossible to capture but I'll try.

I'm using Lipogaine as a vehicle. It's 65ml so I just add 0.6ml. The dropper it comes with has ml markings so its super easy to portion.

where did you order your sandalore from? can you please provide a link? The bottles from Perfumers Apprentice are a COMPLETE BUST. at first this was all working for me, and now i am worse than before. it seems like PA got a hold of what was going on and they altered their crap product, or their batch got fucked up.