Sandalore - Chemical Used In Perfumes To Mimic Sandalwood Triggers Growth?

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
the same happened to me. I attributed the high shedding to my dutasteride tapering, but the hairs that I'm losing are thick and very long. So confusing.

I also have felt that the scent has lost intensity. I don't know if my sense of smell is getting used to it, perhaps.

I'm back to duta ED, then I will buy another sandalore bottle and keep it at 4ºC (to slow down oxidation/degradation) and start all over again.

I kept mine in the fridge.

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's most likely that your nose is getting used to the smell. It happens, which is why after you use deodorant, after a while you can't even notice the smell. You must get a different scent.

yeah but when you first apply deodorant, or any scent, you always smell it at first. even though you apply it for years, you will always smell it every time you put it on... the smell will wear off after an hour or two.

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Think about it. If something like sandalore lost it's scent after a few months in a closed bottle, colognes would have best before dates and storage instructions.

oh, Sandalore definitely loses its scent. HOWEVER, i did try something different tonight... i took the sandalore bottle and shook it around a lot. then i mixed it once again (4 drops) with PG and Everclear. Now my mix actually did get some of its scent back. maybe it has to do with the Sandalore bottle just laying there, you have to shake the bottle around to remix whatever crap is in there.

Willie58

My Regimen
Reaction score
After 4 months using sandalore I'm a little disappointed. At first the new growth was obvious, I had lots of short dark hairs growing on the edges of my bald spot, contrasting with my 1-inch-long mostly gray hair. (I had been using minoxidil for years, sandalore was the only change.)

That was at 6 weeks, now those sandalore hairs are all growing strong and blending in, but I don't see new short hairs any more. It's like sandalore woke up some recently deceased follicles but the rest of my bald spot refuses to join the party, no matter how long I continue using it.

Still, a 3-inch-wide bald spot is better than 4 inches. And the scattering of new hair in the middle of the spot gives Toppik something to hang onto and do a better concealing job.

I'll continue with the nightly sandalore/minoxidil mixture, but I may try going to twice per day, or adding microneedling. I'm hopeful the clinical trials going on in the UK publish results soon so we'll get a better idea of optimal dosage, frequency, and delivery vehicle.

Hans79

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sounds like a complete BS. Can you describe what you mean "good results"?
Good results means hair growth, not falling out obviously. Let me help you out there.
Buy a Niacin bag like in the picture put about .10oz in every 8oz of water. You can try to use a sprayer for it though I normally get mine clogged so I just use a squeeze bottle.
I have a 4oz bottle of Rosehip that I add with 3% sandalore so thats 1ml per 30ml of rosehip.
So heres what I do, I apply the Niacin with water to my scalp if you added enough you should feel like you have a slight sunburn on your scalp thats normal and its totally fine, what that does is increase circulation. After I wait about 20minutes and then apply the rosehip/sandalore. Haven't had any hair shedding in months and I honestly think I've seen alot of growth to the front. That's my regiment do what you want.

Attachments

• 20190319_100356[1].jpg
    20190319_100356[1].jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 453

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good results means hair growth, not falling out obviously. Let me help you out there.
Buy a Niacin bag like in the picture put about .10oz in every 8oz of water. You can try to use a sprayer for it though I normally get mine clogged so I just use a squeeze bottle.
I have a 4oz bottle of Rosehip that I add with 3% sandalore so thats 1ml per 30ml of rosehip.
So heres what I do, I apply the Niacin with water to my scalp if you added enough you should feel like you have a slight sunburn on your scalp thats normal and its totally fine, what that does is increase circulation. After I wait about 20minutes and then apply the rosehip/sandalore. Haven't had any hair shedding in months and I honestly think I've seen alot of growth to the front. That's my regiment do what you want.

do you have any literature evidence that an hydrophilic vitamin in a polar inorganic vehicle is capable of being absorbed by the skin?
or in any case, that topical niacin helps hair loss? thanks

Hans79

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are asking if Vitamin B can be abosrbed into skin by an inorganic vehicle? absolutely! Just because something says inorganic doesn't mean it doesn have simple compounds of carbon. Sandalore's purpose is to influence the hair receptor, the Rose Hip not only provides dilution for Sandalore, but has several abilities that help hair growth. Not to mention you won't smell like a hippy all day like other carrier oils.

The case study of Sandalore shown that too much could have negative effects, especially in its concentrated form. Niacin or B-3, in a reasonably high amount will cause flushing which is your capillaries widening, increasing blood circulation. There was a case study not long ago that shown Niacin fights Chelesterol, When cholesterol builds up on the scalp, it is converted into enzyme 5 alpha reductase. An increase in this enzyme is, according to an Androgenetic Alopecia.com article, linked with balding in men and women.

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
.... what did you do or change?? i just got a new bottle of Sandalore from Perfumer's Apprentice, hoping my loss has to do with my original bottle losing its scent.
I was on seti this whole time. When i added sandalore, i started shedding like crazy. Back to my old routine.

My theory is that, after certain amount, sandalore increases sensitivity to androgens. I had super oily face and acne - all signs of androgens. That guy Hans maybe onto something with his method. Because for me, even 2 drops per 100ml to too much it seems. PG+Ethanol might be a tad too strong penetrators, making sandolore go systemic.

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
.... what did you do or change?? i just got a new bottle of Sandalore from Perfumer's Apprentice, hoping my loss has to do with my original bottle losing its scent.
Was your first bottle from the same vendor? I believe mine has lost it’s sent as well.

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Was your first bottle from the same vendor? I believe mine has lost it’s sent as well.

Yes, both bottles are from Perfumer's Apprentice. What i've noticed is that when you shake the bottle, it gets some of its scent back. I'm no chemist, but maybe it has to do with the materials laying on the bottom of the bottle after awhile. you just have to shake the bottle to remix everything.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
There’s definitely someone dermarolling and using Sandalore, so I’m looking forward to an update.James went back to the Vanicream so let’s wait.

INT

Reaction score
There’s definitely someone dermarolling and using Sandalore, so I’m looking forward to an update.James went back to the Vanicream so let’s wait.

I am. Nothing significant to report so far. Shedding is less then before I started, Must say that I have been quite sloppy, especially with dermastamping. I do it o average once per 2 weeks on 1,5 mm.

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, so I got my new bottle of sandalore from Perfumers apprentice. And the scent is no longer there when you mix it with PG and ethanol. Why the hell is the scent gone?

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, so I got my new bottle of sandalore from Perfumers apprentice. And the scent is no longer there when you mix it with PG and ethanol. Why the hell is the scent gone?
Multiple possibilities but two immediately came to mind:

1. We just got used to it
  2. The batch went bad. It looks like the shelf life is 36 months. I could be wrong but is effective date the date the batch was made? If so that would explain it. https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/Images/SandaloreSpecSheet_perfappr.pdf