Sandalore - Chemical Used In Perfumes To Mimic Sandalwood Triggers Growth?

thejuiceman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just simply mixing with alcohol won't cut it, reason being it will dry within seconds and very little if any of the Sandalore will make it to the hair follicle. You need propylene glycol which is also in minoxidil. It allows the solution to continuously penetrate the scalp without drying too quickly.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just simply mixing with alcohol won't cut it, reason being it will dry within seconds and very little if any of the Sandalore will make it to the hair follicle. You need propylene glycol which is also in minoxidil. It allows the solution to continuously penetrate the scalp without drying too quickly.

Or, just add the Sandalore to the Minoxidil mixture containing the pg. Or would the chemical structure of the Sandalore be broken down by such mixture? Can't think of any ionic reactions possible.

thejuiceman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Or, just add the Sandalore to the Minoxidil mixture containing the pg. Or would the chemical structure of the Sandalore be broken down by such mixture? Can't think of any ionic reactions possible.
I thought about that, honestly wouldn't risk it. Propylene Glycol is dirt cheap, bought a bottle for like $6 off Ebay.

Yorch

My Regimen
Reaction score
yo definitivamente abandono el aceite de sándalo sintético.creo que me produce malestar en los ojos y manchas faciales en la cabeza.
Esperaré a que lo vendan tras pasar los tests.
Usadlo con cuidado

floschen

My Regimen
Reaction score
why do you care that the alcohol dries? Sandalore will stay on your scalp. Besides, it doesn't even need to reach the hair follicle, it just needs to reach the OR2AT4 receptors, which are in the epidermis (outer layer of the skin, 0-0.5mm)

thejuiceman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
why do you care that the alcohol dries? Sandalore will stay on your scalp. Besides, it doesn't even need to reach the hair follicle, it just needs to reach the OR2AT4 receptors, which are in the epidermis (outer layer of the skin, 0-0.5mm)
Chemicals without a vehicle will just sit on top of the scalp once dried. Precisely why Minoxidil uses PG.

floschen

My Regimen
Reaction score
Chemicals without a vehicle will just sit on top of the scalp once dried. Precisely why Minoxidil uses PG.

Not every chemical needs a vehicle to penetrate the skin
The general consesus is that only molecules larger than 500 Daltons don't penetrate the skin. Otherwise it wouldn't be a problem for pregnant women to touch finasteride for example

thejuiceman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not every chemical needs a vehicle to penetrate the skin
The general consesus is that only molecules larger than 500 Daltons don't penetrate the skin. Otherwise it wouldn't be a problem for pregnant women to touch finasteride for example
Minoxidil's atomic weight is only 209 yet every formulation uses PG. Read this too from the study "Here, we show that the epithelium of human hair follicles, particularly the outer root sheath, expresses OR2AT4". It's my understanding that the outer root sheath is near the base of the hair follicle and what we want to be targeting with Sandalore.

thejuiceman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since the study used DMSO as the vehicle, I will be using that instead of Alcohol/PG/Water. Also learned Sandalore is not water soluble so mixing it with minoxidil could cause problems.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Since the study used DMSO as the vehicle, I will be using that instead of Alcohol/PG/Water. Also learned Sandalore is not water soluble so mixing it with minoxidil could cause problems.

What if you dissolved the Sandalore in pg or alcohol first then added to mino? I don't think it would subsequently precipitate out.

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I reckon It will end uo in the same league as Brotzu's lotion - an expensive cosmetic treatment with very limited effectiveness that few privileged ones will buy nonetheless

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I reckon It will end uo in the same league as Brotzu's lotion - an expensive cosmetic treatment with very limited effectiveness that few privileged ones will buy nonetheless

Wat? I just paid $3.50 for 4 ml which should last for months based on how little you need to use. The most expensive thing was shipping, since they needed to ship via UPS since the Postal Service refuses to ship.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s not a drug underdevelopment we know nothing about(there was also a study on sandalore/woundhealing) and that you have to buy from random supplier on alibaba. The good thing it’s « easy » to find and this is very cheap. the cheapest thing (by far) I have seen on this forum you can try. Maybe it’s a sign: something cheap available for everyone/no discrimination vs male pattern baldness : ) if you buy 50grams for 15bucks that literally means you have enough sandalore for centuries(obv you better buy new batches ^^). we are far from the prohibitive brotzu lotion*wink*. As it’s already being used in cosmetic it’s also ‘safe’ but we obviously have to keep the concentration low like the study
http://pellwall-perfumes.blogspot.com/2018/09/sandalore-and-hair-growth.html
10.5mg per 100ml of solution for 500µM/ alcohol
There is nothing much to lose.

thejuiceman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s not a drug underdevelopment we know nothing about(there was also a study on sandalore/woundhealing) and that you have to buy from random supplier on alibaba. The good thing it’s « easy » to find and this is very cheap. the cheapest thing (by far) I have seen on this forum you can try. Maybe it’s a sign: something cheap available for everyone/no discrimination vs male pattern baldness : ) if you buy 50grams for 15bucks that literally means you have enough sandalore for centuries(obv you better buy new batches ^^). we are far from the prohibitive brotzu lotion*wink*. As it’s already being used in cosmetic it’s also ‘safe’ but we obviously have to keep the concentration low like the study
http://pellwall-perfumes.blogspot.com/2018/09/sandalore-and-hair-growth.html
10.5mg per 100ml of solution for 500µM/ alcohol
There is nothing much to lose.
Did the study show that more is worse? Someone else noted that but I am not seeing it from the study. I also believe they used DMSO and not alcohol as the carrier.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did the study show that more is worse? Someone else noted that but I am not seeing it from the study. I also believe they used DMSO and not alcohol as the carrier.

I have already used dmso in the past and to me it looks too powerful for such stuff. Even if the concentration is very low I dont really want sandalore to go systematic but I want it to target these hair follicles olfactory receptors like they say. accordign to some dmso is good for fibrosis but others say its bad for hair follicles. So all in all I came to the conclusion I would not use dmso anymore.
that said since sandalore dissolves in alcohol, that's what I'm gonna do but it's up to you. we don't have enough feedbacks but If we believe the guys testimony on reddit he simply used rubbing aclohol

jared garnith

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The vellus hairs he describe as regrowth were so small he couldn't even take a picture of them, not "huge" news in my book.
I mean if velus hairs are popping up odds are he's getting maintenance, not to say this is legit or not legit but if true it's defiantly notable

Cacogen

My Regimen
Reaction score

Won't the Sandalore just be left behind, deposited on the scalp when the alcohol evaporates?