Samumed Sm04554 Results Normalized To Baseline

Blockmusic

My Regimen
Reaction score
The only reason I don’t take minoxidil is because of skin aging. Not sure if that’s a thing though??? Is it?

Janko

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Folliclethought mentioned it will take until Q3 2021 until the results get published.
Not a good sign. Long period of time between completition of trial and results release usually means two things - Either there are side effects and they are trying to find out if there is any direct link to it or results are not good and they are trying to find any use from it.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's what they told me back then. But I dont believe today that they will hold up. They canceled their entire pipeline. doesn't seem to be going so well
They didn't cancel their pipeline, two of the studies removed were for the same compound that they currently have in phase 3.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not a good sign. Long period of time between completition of trial and results release usually means two things - Either there are side effects and they are trying to find out if there is any direct link to it or results are not good and they are trying to find any use from it.
They might also have some difficulties with data collection due to covid that might be interfering with the processing of the results. I'd tend to agree though if they don't announce topline data (or an announcement of the announcement date) by Q3 it's a very poor sign.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
We're on the second stage of grief now. Bargaining over why the results are delayed. By the end of the year people will be in here cursing Samumed.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
We're on the second stage of grief now. Bargaining over why the results are delayed. By the end of the year people will be in here cursing Samumed.
Except results are not actually delayed lol, it's March and the student ended January 1st.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Except results are not actually delayed lol, it's March and the student ended January 1st.
At least we have you on record saying that if they aren't announced by the end of the year SM is a failure.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
At least we have you on record saying that if they aren't announced by the end of the year SM is a failure.
I feel like you think I'm expecting this to be a revolutionary treatment or something. All I'm hoping for is 10-20% above baseline/placebo after 1 year through a different mechanism then minoxidil. You know how few people respond well to min; not all of us need triple digit terminal growth to get to a better spot. I want better treatments as well, but there's nothing else in phase 2/3 that offers something more substantial at the moment.

But yes, I don't think anyone would disagree that the longer these results are kept from being publicized the more likely they will come out as a failure.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel like you think I'm expecting this to be a revolutionary treatment or something. All I'm hoping for is 10-20% above baseline/placebo after 1 year through a different mechanism then minoxidil. You know how few people respond well to min; not all of us need triple digit terminal growth to get to a better spot. I want better treatments as well, but there's nothing else in phase 2/3 that offers something more substantial at the moment.
HMI-115 is about to enter phase II. Shiseido and Follicum are in Phase II. CB and Follica are in phase III. All of these have more potential than SM

KY is available now on the grey market and will destroy SM.

Last edited:

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
HMI-115 is about to enter phase II. Shiseido and Follicum are in Phase II. CB and Follica are in phase III. All of these have more potential than SM

KY is available now on the grey market and will destroy SM.
And I would love to try all of these, and will be monitoring what happens with your group buy of KY. Doesn't mean I'm going to actively be rooting against a company/treatment in a market that has had the same 2 legal options for 20-30 years because I find it not worthy of my own time (from your perspective).

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
And I would love to try all of these, and will be monitoring what happens with your group buy of KY. Doesn't mean I'm going to actively be rooting against a company/treatment in a market that has had the same 2 legal options for 20-30 years because I find it not worthy of my own time (from your perspective).
I'm not rooting against them, I've just stated my opinion that it's not going to be released and not worth getting your hopes up over. I would be just as happy as you if I was wrong.