Samumed Sm04554 Results Normalized To Baseline

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not saying it will "cure" hairloss though, I'm happy if we get the same results as the optimal population from their phase II trials.
The CEO said it will cure it. Are you calling him a liar now?

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Depends on the vaccine. Anyways, if you think that eliminating a disease in one patient is a cure than we found the cure for cancer decades ago, so why are we still searching? You can cure an individual patient of a disease with a drug, but that doesn't make that drug the cure for that disease. If it did then we would call finasteride a hair loss cure rather than a treatment, since it does cure hair loss in some patients.

That is why modern medicine is moving towards patient based medicine. Like regenerative treatments based on your own cells and cultivate and modify them.

People have realized we can't do one pill that works on everyone. And we haven't had the technology or capacity to run those kind of individualized medications before. But in this day and age we have more refined technology and much more capacity.

So it is what they are aiming for.

So yes, one patient can still be cured even though 99 other patients didn't get cured. It won't take away a treatment can have the possibility to cure someone. That is also why it is important to read and understand those statistics and trial statistics. So we know and understand if its an outlier or not that responds very well, or dies from something.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
That is why modern medicine is moving towards patient based medicine. Like regenerative treatments based on your own cells and cultivate and modify them.

People have realized we can't do one pill that works on everyone. And we haven't had the technology or capacity to run those kind of individualized medications before. But in this day and age we have more refined technology and much more capacity.

So yes, one patient can still be cured even though 99 other patients didn't get cured. It won't take away a treatment can have the possibility to cure someone. That is also why it is important to read and understand those statistics and trial statistics. So we know and understand if its an outlier or not that responds very well, or dies from something.
Yes, and that's not what we are talking about here. Samumed isn't developing cell-based or individualized treatments, they are developing single drugs to treat single conditions, and claiming they will cure the diseases and cure aging. If you understand the science behind it at all you have to laugh at their claims.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol, I'm not going to play these stupid games. I only care about the trial results.
Yes, you've made your opinion clear, you think it will work and that Samumed is 100% legitimate. I don't know why everyone in here has their jimmies so rustled over me having a different opinion. It's like you guys feel threatened by any suggestion that this drug won't work because you're clinging to it as your last hope

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, and that's not what we are talking about here. Samumed isn't developing cell-based or individualized treatments, they are developing a single drugs to treat single conditions, and claiming they will cure the diseases and cure aging. If you understand the science behind it at all you have to laugh at their claims.

All I was arguing against, was your claim that there haven't been any cure in a century. Which i showed that H.I.V. have been cured in two people at this time.

I know that a drug that requires continuos applications isn't a cure, and never will be. It goes against the very definition of a cure.

All that continuos application does, is suppress the disease, and when you stop its right back again. So we all know that won't be a cure in any shape or form.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
All I was arguing against, was your claim that there haven't been any cure in a century. Which i showed that H.I.V. have been cured in two people at this time.

I know that a drug that requires continuos applications isn't a cure, and never will be. It goes against the very definition of a cure.

All that continuos application does, is suppress the disease, and when you stop its right back again. So we all know that won't be a cure in any shape or form.
I don't know what is called a cure in Danish, but in English we don't refer to something being a cure because it cured two people. That's why you never hear anyone in English say there is a cure for cancer despite many cancers being curable in most people.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
We know your opinion but it's your constant spamming and derailing that is irritating.

And nobody knows if Samumed is legitimate or not, just like you.

I don't understand your crusade against Samumed though, let's just wait for the trial results.
I'm not spamming though. I posted my opinion, and I thought that was it. Then a dozen people started replying to my posts with indignation, and mischaracterizing my statements. If they want to have a discussion you're saying I should just ignore them?

I've said multiple times that time will tell. I hope I'm wrong, I just don't see there being much chance of that.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
No you had the right to reply of course. But this discussion isn't going to lead to anything substantial.

Both sides should give it a rest.
Agreed. I think all the points have been made over 27 pages, and there is nothing more to do but wait.

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know what is called a cure in Danish, but in English we don't refer to something being a cure because it cured two people. That's why you never hear anyone in English say there is a cure for cancer despite many cancers being curable in most people.

The definition of a cure is the same around the world. There isn't any special in the English language.

But since you are such a linguist, you should call up Oxford and tell them the definition of the word "cure"

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
The definition of a cure is the same around the world. There isn't any special in the English language.

But since you are such a linguist, you should call up Oxford and tell them the definition of the word "cure"
You don't know the difference between a noun and a verb. I think you just like to argue, so I will leave you to argue with everyone else through Google translate. Have fun

Last edited:

hypetraintime

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's not what Elon does
But it's exactly what he does. Here is one example of Elon saying, in 2017, cars will be driving themselves while you sleep in 2 years. It's 2021 and you can't. He does get some right, but many wrong. There is even an entire website dedicated to tracking his "grandiose claims". I just had to find one example to prove your assertion wrong.
results of their trials don't offer any evidence of anything remotely resembling a cure
That's strawmanning. I never claimed the evidence they do have resembles a cure. Regarding evidence, you said "Samumed has none". I showed you they did. You can be dissatisfied with the evidence, but it doesn't mean it's not evidence.
They couldn't launch and land rockets a decade ago either. Just because it hasn't been done, doesn't mean it won't/can't be.
Rockets were launched into space more than 70 years ago. Musk wasn't making impossible sounding claims. He was making claims that we knew he had the technology to do, it would just be a vast undertaking. That's a far cry from claiming you have a revolutionary technology that cures things that are thought to be incurable.
You missed my point so I'll say it again. Just because something hasn't been done, doesn't mean it can't be done. Specifically regarding rockets, of course everyone assumed it would be done eventually, but no one knew how to do it. You said Elon claimed "that we knew he had the technology to do, it would just be a vast undertaking".. Hmm, exactly the same claim Samumed made “We might be sitting on a molecule that already has the answer,” he said. “But taking that and making it into a drug is a decade-long struggle.”
Red herring. All the stuff in my bio has been proven to work. None of it has been proven to be a cure. I'm not sure what your point is other than to create obfuscation.
You keep hiding your poor arguments behind this vague distinction between when something "works", vs when something is a "cure". No one has ever claimed anything for hair loss (even what samumed has) is a cure.

We can probably agree that randomized, placebo controlled clinical trial results, hold more evidential weight than anecdotal reports. And since Samumed's randomized, placebo controlled, clinical trials/data ARE NOT sufficient for you to "prove" something might work, I'll hold you to those same standards for the stuff in you bio.

It's okay, just send me the FDA approvals for hair loss for everything you listed? What? You don't have it? Can you link me the Phase 3 results for RU? What? They never did them? So it's mostly now just anecdotal evidence since they pulled the plug? It's not a red herring, or obfuscation. I'm just highlighting that you have believed other things to work for far less in the past than the standard you hold Samumed too.
So they could run trials for all of their cures at once and save humanity sooner.
I don't think you actually believe companies work like this. Common @pegasus2, you're more intelligent than this. Google "how to prioritize" if you don't.
Besides, if they really have the cure to everything 12 billion dollars seems like a low valuation, doesn't it? So they already gave up more equity than they had to if you believe their claims.
Let's pretend you are Samumed. You need money to run (a lot of) trials. What do you do? Sell equity or IPO to raise. IPO comes with a whole lot of extra market responsibilities, you sell equity instead. You need a lot of money though? Who has enough to help you fund over a decade of research and trials? Private investors. Okay, lets sell just enough equity to raise the money we need to operate over this timeline until we at least start generating revenue.

The current valuation (12 billion) factors in a range of things from market size to comparable companies, and where they are in their lifecycle. They still have not launched anything. I know you don't actually believe 12 billion is their final valuation. They wouldn't exist if they don't give up a substantial amount of equity for capitol to operate. Private investors joined in on the risk and they will all get a small piece of a LARGE pie if it pays off.
We have seen the results of their trials.
Oh, so you admit that they do have evidence?
We have seen the results of their trials. Independent rheumatologists say the phase 3 for their osteoarthritis drug shows a complete lack of disease modification, and no further trials will change that.
Let's wait and see. You don't know, no one knows. Maybe the osteo patients all ended up with a NW0 hairline though , if only they checked it. SM patients could have all grown horns instead.
It's good to have an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Use your judgement and you will see this is not worth investing your money or hope into.
The same way it's not good to be so pessimistic about the world that you spend a good portion of the last 5 years of your life convincing random people on a hair loss forum (where you even thought it might be wise to add a medical disclaimer in your signature), many who might just have realized they are balding, that there is no hope.

All that aside, no hate though, you do have a lot of knowledge (i'd be surprised if you didn't after this long) about things I've seen you mention on this forum that had led me to investigate things I didn't know. Someone just needed to check you because you speak in hyperbole so much that it sometimes distracts from meaningful discussion. xoxo

Last edited:

Gegen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Yes, personalized medecine seems to be effective compared to "traditional" pills and lotions : https://www.cancer.gov/news-events/...from a new study,to prevent it from returning.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
@hypetraintime omg man! Are you autistic or what? I'm not reading all that. Let's just agree to disagree.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't see Elon Musk out here saying he's going to cure aging, and that he has the cure for hair loss and a dozen other diseases. That is an extraordinary claim, and I'm sure you know what Carl Sagan said about extraordinary claims. They require extraordinary evidence, yet Samumed has none. Modern medicine hasn't been able to cure anything in a century, yet I'm supposed to believe that suddenly Samumed has come out of nowhere with the cure for almost every major disease, but they've only been able to raise~500MM. If they had all the cures they say they do they'd be the biggest company in the world. If something sounds too good to be true it probably is
This just shows me that you actually haven't been paying attention to "modern medicine" and where the last 5-8 years have brought it. The advent of gene therapy has shifted the conversation from maintenance and symptom management to outright cures and the reversal of damage. A large proportion of the on-going trials in that space (a space that saw billions flow into it in the last 1-2 years from VCs) are aimed at cure-like treatments rather then traditional symptom management.

The industry is still young, but right now there are 4 people living in the USA who are completely cured (12-18 months out of a 1 time treatment) of sickle cell anemia. There are also children who would have normally died before the age of two from a rare developmental muscular atrophy disease that are now 3-4 years old and actually have developing muscles. There are more examples that I am not educated enough in to describe, including several cancers that have seen the mortality rate plummet but this isn't some far off realm of science, it's happening right now.

Last edited:

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, bookmark this and you will see who's right in a year. J promise you this drug won't cure hair loss. I would bet everything I have on it.
Literally not a single person, nor the company itself, is claiming this will cure hairloss. You're creating your own arguments here.

5minutesbeforemiracle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not saying the company is a fraud. This former employee is though, and he says Tan is in on it. He claims the business model is for the CEO and Tan to bilk individual investors. https://medium.com/@adamjschindler/...ht-down-a-pharmaceutical-company-ee8a1cf4c4b3
People are sleeping on this. I wish we could verify his claims but it's impossible for outsiders. All we can do is ask
"Why would someone post this?" He may be telling the truth and wants to expose the company, he may be a shitty former-employee who wants to revenge against his old company, or he's some troll making it up for fun or because he's delusional.
I think he *thinks* he's telling the truth, but honestly, from the way it's written, he seems like he's a bit of a soyim and misunderstood a lot of messages. A lot his post was pure speculation on his part (he insists there was fraud, based on being bullied but he has not one iota of hard evidence), and also was just his interpretation ("this guy sent an email and I KNOW he's trying to bully me." "the bully was parading a FEARFUL girl around the office, she looked at me begging for help with her eyes.") He may be correct, but he could also be wrong with his interpretations.
Lastly, some of it was absolutely ridiculous... an "asian man" leaving a cardboard "cut-out of an axe" on his table??? Would someone really do that? Not to mention, this supposedly fraudulent company which actually isn't worth even $12bn (if they were actually fraudulent), having access to CIA-tech that somehow hacks everyone's phones + 4G internet + social media accounts? I'd accept that last thing, if it was from a bigger company.
Either way, this does cast some doubt over Samumed IMO. I will take their Phase 3 results with a grain of salt/