Ru58841 Side Effects, Lethargy En Lack Of Sleep

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
You had sleeping problems and lethargy on RU? were you needling along with it? strange you go those sides but can handle dutasteride.

Yeah I am surprised as well, I am not a 100% sure its the RU, but it keeps happening on the stuff, very shitty sleep and very very lethargic. And I am not one who is afraid for sides every time I try something new.

I am gonna try a month without. A month with no alcohol, and a steady sleeping pattern. If my sleep will improve, and I jump back on it and within a few days I am tired again, its the RU for sure. Right now I am not yet completely convinced.

Also, I really need the stuff, dutasteride alone isn't enough for me. Its this, or be patient and get a transplant.

Hair-pun

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I am surprised as well, I am not a 100% sure its the RU, but it keeps happening on the stuff, very shitty sleep and very very lethargic. And I am not one who is afraid for sides every time I try something new.

I am gonna try a month without. A month with no alcohol, and a steady sleeping pattern. If my sleep will improve, and I jump back on it and within a few days I am tired again, its the RU for sure. Right now I am not yet completely convinced.

Also, I really need the stuff, dutasteride alone isn't enough for me. Its this, or be patient and get a transplant.
Have you tried CB? it seems to be similarly effective at the same dosage as RU for me. The issue is the cost, it's about 3 times the price from Wuhan Pharma on Alibaba. If you cut your hair short you might be able to get away with 3% every day which would be affordable. Or you could maybe mix both- 10% ru, 30% CB to make a 40% solution. I only say this because I'm looking in to transplants too and it seems unless you can stabilise there's little point- donor hair from the sides and back is also damaged by DHT, just a bit more resistant than the hair on top

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
Have you tried CB? it seems to be similarly effective at the same dosage as RU for me. The issue is the cost, it's about 3 times the price from Wuhan Pharma on Alibaba. If you cut your hair short you might be able to get away with 3% every day which would be affordable. Or you could maybe mix both- 10% ru, 30% CB to make a 40% solution. I only say this because I'm looking in to transplants too and it seems unless you can stabilise there's little point- donor hair from the sides and back is also damaged by DHT, just a bit more resistant than the hair on top

Well that's the first time I ever heard about that! I thought the whole idea of a transplant was that the hairs from the back and the side are DHT, or whatever hormone is causing hairloss, resistant.

Hair-pun

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well that's the first time I ever heard about that! I thought the whole idea of a transplant was that the hairs from the back and the side are DHT, or whatever hormone is causing hairloss, resistant.
You might be lucky- some people have very resistant sides and back- but take a look at older bald guys' sides- NW6/7s. They are often very thin. My sides are going already and propecia only failed like 2 years ago!

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
You might be lucky- some people have very resistant sides and back- but take a look at older bald guys' sides- NW6/7s. They are often very thin. My sides are going already and propecia only failed like 2 years ago!

Well my dad has thick sides, I think the same goes for people on my moms side of the family, but I think what you are referring to is more like age related thinning? that happens to every form of tissue, it gets weaker, more brittle, etc. Anyway, were getting a bit off topic. I am mostly a student as of right now, so something more expensive than RU is a no go. I think I am gonna wait for a month, work on my health, try RU again and see what happens...in the meantime, I might order Rogaine foam for the hairline...

Hair-pun

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Grand- hope it goes well. Rogaine foam is wicked- i had decent frontal regrowth when i started it

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I also think it's all in your head. I'm taking 140mg RU every day for 6 years straight. When I first read about the myth that RU can cause heart problems I felt chest pain and shortness of breath for several days so that I stopped it for some days. Never had this problems again after clearing up my mind.
Have you got any check ups in this period? How is your heart health?

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
RU + dutasteride might be too much for your liver to handle? Lethargy can be a sign of liver issues, and that does seem quite a lot to be putting in to your body.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Usual checks when I was sick. My heart is fine, that RU causes heart problems is just a myth. I'm lifting weights btw.
Anything suspicious? Thats greato hear since your dose if pretty large and for a long amount of time too!

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, nothing suspicious. I have 0 side effects.

when did you notice positive effects on RU? all RU did to me was cause me 2 thin spots on my scalp after 2 months that would turn into bald spots had I continued with it. bought it from anageninc mixed in ethanol/pg. used 150-200mg everyday. no thickening, no removal of scalp itch no reduction in shedding at all it even increased it abit. and ended up with 2 big thin spots one near the side of the crown at top and one at the middle right side on scalp. this was 5,5 years ago and never used RU since. well I did try it one year later from another company and first application felt like I was dieing after that shock to my system I had massive telogen effluvium losing 500-1000 hairs a day that lasted for 2 months. im sure it was the shock that RU did to my system. I have read others say RU hasnt been effective or thinned their hair out my friend used it and said it killed his hairline for example. you are lucky that RU works for you or you are just a shill for KANE.

lukedorian

Reaction score
I am quitting again...I just cant seem to handle it....Maybe I will try again in a couple of months but for now I need my sleep and my energy.
Not in your head i get the exact same sides 2 months in, i even sent it out for testing so i know it is RU, at only 25 mg is causing me those exact 2 symptoms despite being on trt, i just can’t sleep for more than 2 hours straight and fatigue ans way less pumps in the gym, so i’m lowering dose to 10 mg, i mix it with minoxidil that might help it to go a bit systemic but it is not in my head nor in yours, not every organism will hace the sane outcomes, lower the dose as much as possible
Sry i know it is an old thread but i’m glad i found it, peace