Ru58841 And Heart Failure - Pure Bullsh*t?

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
As you guys may know, there was a person who apparently got heart failure after 3 doses of RU58841.

Most people aren't concerned and took it seriously. However, was this ever debunked? Do we have solid and concrete proof that this is indeed a joke that got too far? I was curious if the OP later accepted that he was joking or whether it has a slighty (a very small one) to be 100% real?

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting. I'm actually starting RU58841 today. Typically I don't use topicals due to using concealers, but I'm off for a few months and decided to give it a go.

xaragedom

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Age in which women gets heart failure is higher because of higher estrogen and lower testosterone. Look for example of bodybuilder Zyzz which died of a heart attacvk in age of 22 because of androgenic-anabolic steroids. Basically heart attacks are often cause of death of bodybuilders because of increased androgens in their body. So I don't dee how blocking androgens is negative for heart although I'm still open that thers might be some other cardiotoxic properties of RU, I never heard of them but this drug is barely studied in humans.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Makes sense but maybe the molecule itself has a negative effect?

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Age in which women gets heart failure is higher because of higher estrogen and lower testosterone. Look for example of bodybuilder Zyzz which died of a heart attacvk in age of 22 because of androgenic-anabolic steroids. Basically heart attacks are often cause of death of bodybuilders because of increased androgens in their body. So I don't dee how blocking androgens is negative for heart although I'm still open that thers might be some other cardiotoxic properties of RU, I never heard of them but this drug is barely studied in humans.

Bodybuilders don't die directly from androgens but rather their effects on irregular growth of major organs - assuming they are abused. Zyzz had a heart defect and use to smash cocaine along with other class A's.

xaragedom

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bodybuilders don't die directly from androgens but rather their effects on irregular growth of major organs - assuming they are abused. Zyzz had a heart defect and use to smash cocaine along with other class A's.
Thats might be true + having a lot of muscles make your heart works harder because you need to pump blood to a lot of new places but androgens also makes your lipid profile much worser and thats makes heart attack more likely to occur.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Up :(

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do we have or had any proof that he was indeed a troll? I mean it’s utopic af but who knows

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've had 4 doses so far... no heart issues. Slight brain fog on first day, nothing since.

Pixie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That story kept me off RU for years, and still has me questioning it's safety. With that said, I can't think of a possible mechanism of action that would cause heart failure, nor have any other people come forward with similar cases.
The OP of that thread theorized that RU was blocking the androgen receptors in his heart. If that was the case, people doing total androgen deprivation, castration and HRT regimens would also suffer a similar fate.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve heard someone saying that OP indeed acknowledged that he was joking. Cannot find that post though. Keeping in mind that RU has been out there for more than a decade with one exception of serious side effects, and considering that most hair loss treatments are victims of fearmongering, it may make sense that someone wanted to keep people from utilizing this compound.

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
wasnt there some other story about RU making rabbits go blind ?
As if there was someone who would make a study with rabbits , anyway some of these troll stories are being resurfaced every year

el_duterino

Reaction score
I used RU for 10 years and did not experience heart failures.

But I did experience erection issues on a regular but temporary basis, so it does have a systemic effect. Maybe it has an effect on other organs since it has a systemic effect, who knows.

RU has never been studied for long in humans and never will, it is pretty much dead as a future male pattern baldness treatment.

Eren

Established Member
Reaction score

But I did experience erection issues on a regular but temporary basis, so it does have a systemic effect. Maybe it has an effect on other organs since it has a systemic effect, who knows.

RU has never been studied for long in humans and never will, it is pretty much dead as a future male pattern baldness treatment.

Did it help much in addition to finasteride/dutasteride and min? I mean what more can adding RU do for your hair what the combo of finasteride/dutasteride and min can't do.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score

Have you had checkups after the decade of usage? If so, was there any abnormalities regarding the heart and/or the lungs?

Oriol

Established Member
Reaction score
I tried RU, but only used for a couple of weeks, I quit after experienced frequent heart palpitations. Didn't know if it was from RU or anything else. It went away as soon as I quit it.

I guess each body reacts differently.

Last edited:

jazz1

Reaction score

Hey I remember your threads, you have maintained for over 20 years right? What are you using now?

what dosage did you use on RU58841 and vehicle please?