RU for Hairline - Only Remaining Option

@CMP1

Reaction score
Hi All,

Update from me about a year on from addition dutasteride and dropping finasteride from my regimen;

I am still on nizoral 2x a week, 0.5mg dutasteride EOD, spironolactone on hairline at night and 10% minoxidil with AA everyday twice a day.

Unfortunately, despite ALL of the f*cking above, my hairline continues to get worse and worse....its almost weekly now so clearly accelerating rapidly. Im finding it almost unbelievable that it can drop out so fast?!

So my only remaining option (apart from a Hair Transplant) is RU. My questions:

1) Premade or Powder?
2) Has ANYONE seen any success on their hairline with this?

Thanks All!

Digidako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anecdotal reports dictate that mixing your own RU solution(s) is preferred over pre-made

@CMP1

Reaction score
Ive heard this is just to preserve the solution...presumably if you store the premixed stuff in the freezer too then it should have the same life?!

Anecdotal reports dictate that mixing your own RU solution(s) is preferred over pre-made

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Doesn't matter really. Although buying the powder is cheaper and gives you more flexibility in dosing. So I would go for the powder.

It's very unlikely you will regrow your hairline on RU58841 (more likely thickening and stabilization). If your hairline is still getting worse on dutasteride, then yes RU58841 might be a viable option for you. Do know that dutasteride + RU is a very potent combination. It's pretty much impossible to lose hair on such a combination imo.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am starting to realise it's virtually impossible to lose hair even on finasteride. If you're a good responder in year 1 the trials show there is long term success. Sure for aggressive cases it's a different story.

OP maybe the front is just too sensitive - we all have stubborn areas. Transplant is the fix here.

What Swoop said is true, give that combo a try. I have Avodart now but still holding off, plan was to add one pill a week to the finasteride. finasteride is regrowing the hairline slowly, previously was bald. The rest of my hair has been thickened unbelievably to wig like status within the first 6 months. If I had gotten on this earlier I may not have needed a transplant.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Update from me about a year on from addition dutasteride and dropping finasteride from my regimen;

I am still on nizoral 2x a week, 0.5mg dutasteride EOD, spironolactone on hairline at night and 10% minoxidil with AA everyday twice a day.

Unfortunately, despite ALL of the f*cking above, my hairline continues to get worse and worse....its almost weekly now so clearly accelerating rapidly. Im finding it almost unbelievable that it can drop out so fast?!

So my only remaining option (apart from a Hair Transplant) is RU. My questions:

1) Premade or Powder?

Thanks All!
How is your hair now @CMP1, is your hairline holding?

Jameston

My Regimen
Reaction score
1) Premade or Powder?

Thanks All!

Some people do and some people do not. Effects are comparable with finasteride. Might be some % better for the hairline.

I am not sure if RU is going to do something for you with the above mentioned regime. You might want to check other factors in your life, stress, sleep, oxidative food style etc.

smyth01

Established Member
Reaction score
No offence bro, I feel your desperation, but if dutasteride ain't working, RU won't be worth even considering.

Zoro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No offence bro, I feel your desperation, but if dutasteride ain't working, RU won't be worth even considering.

Why do you say this? They work in two different ways. I took finasteride for a year and it only slowed my hair loss, I didnt stop my hair loss until I added RU

smyth01

Established Member
Reaction score
Why do you say this? They work in two different ways. I took finasteride for a year and it only slowed my hair loss, I didnt stop my hair loss until I added RU

dutasteride + spironolactone + 10% Min + nizoral is a f*****g strong regime man. Adding RU is not going to be the missing link. Plus the success rate is so low with RU a lot of people even questions it's effect on hair loss at all.

Zoro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
dutasteride + spironolactone + 10% Min + nizoral is a f*****g strong regime man. Adding RU is not going to be the missing link. Plus the success rate is so low with RU a lot of people even questions it's effect on hair loss at all.

Minoxidil isn't an antiandrogen, and spironolactone and nizoral are very weak antiandrogens. I don't even list nizoral in my regimen, it probably does nothing but I've been using it for awhile even before starting treatments for baldness (used to have dandruff).

RU alone will be much more effective than spironolactone and nizoral

SpaceInvader

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil isn't an antiandrogen, and spironolactone and nizoral are very weak antiandrogens. I don't even list nizoral in my regimen, it probably does nothing but I've been using it for awhile even before starting treatments for baldness (used to have dandruff).

RU alone will be much more effective than spironolactone and nizoral

I read that Nizoral inhibits PGE-2. If he's trying to avoid minoxidil, but still needs some regrowth stimulant, from what I've read, there's oral Castor Oil, possibly topical if someone can find the right vehicle, and supposeldy copper peptides, which I have NOT seen a solid results thread involving them.

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My two cents: the reported success of RU does seem anecdotal. Majority of forum members here tend to use it in addition to the existing regime,so the efficacy is difficult to measure.
As for myself, I've been on it for 9-10 months with no sign of shedding or thickening,.nothing at all.
As mentioned above, it tackles hairloss from a different angle to each of the big 3,so I added it with the hope of finding the missing link. It does seem rather time/effort consuming with its storage/mixture,as well as application in conjunction with Minoxidil.
I'd say give it a real chance and see if you benefit from it if you are able to commit the effort. Personally it has achieved nothing for me,but I'm hoping to hear more success stories from other members.

SpaceInvader

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My two cents: the reported success of RU does seem anecdotal. Majority of forum members here tend to use it in addition to the existing regime,so the efficacy is difficult to measure.
As for myself, I've been on it for 9-10 months with no sign of shedding or thickening,.nothing at all.
As mentioned above, it tackles hairloss from a different angle to each of the big 3,so I added it with the hope of finding the missing link. It does seem rather time/effort consuming with its storage/mixture,as well as application in conjunction with Minoxidil.
I'd say give it a real chance and see if you benefit from it if you are able to commit the effort. Personally it has achieved nothing for me,but I'm hoping to hear more success stories from other members.

Are you using RU with minoxidil alone? Whatevr did say he had success with RU and minoxidil alone. People also combine this with finasteride, dutasteride. It could be that you have a higher androgen sensitivity. In theory, you might want to increase your anti-androgen dosage, either topically if you can find how to do this with another additional treatment, or orally, with Finasterode, dutasteride or oral estrogen/antiandrogens.

This isn't meant to be medical advice by any means. It does seems your androgen sensitivity lies beyond the threshold of available antiandrogens. I may be wrong, but I'm just observing you may be able to get this to work by introducing Estrogen and or antiandrogens to your regimen. Then there's sides to consider since various people have varying levels of androgen sensitivity.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score

So much bullshit.

Finasteride not working or dutasteride not working is absolutely NOT a predictor of whether other methods of treatment that work via different mechanisms will work or not.

Case in point: myself, 1 year on Propecia, continued hair loss.
1 month on RU, immediate stabilisation of hair loss and slow but continuing regrowth.

Discouraging people from potentially successful treatments is hardly helpful. Bottom line - try them all. You just can't "predict" in any sense whether something will work or not.

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you using RU with minoxidil alone? Whatevr did say he had success with RU and minoxidil alone. People also combine this with finasteride, dutasteride. It could be that you have a higher androgen sensitivity. In theory, you might want to increase your anti-androgen dosage, either topically if you can find how to do this with another additional treatment, or orally, with Finasterode, dutasteride or oral estrogen/antiandrogens.

This isn't meant to be medical advice by any means. It does seems your androgen sensitivity lies beyond the threshold of available antiandrogens. I may be wrong, but I'm just observing you may be able to get this to work by introducing Estrogen and or antiandrogens to your regimen. Then there's sides to consider since various people have varying levels of androgen sensitivity.
I'm using Minoxidil 15%,Finasteride 1mg/day,dermarolling,and zinc/saw palmetto.Arguably the last two don't do much, but the combo has given me mild success which I'm thankful for. The addition of RU did not seem to have added any benefits. I have no further thoughts on what more to add to my regime other than hoping Finasteride continues to maintain,and I wouldn't have to change to dutasteride for at least a number of years.

SpaceInvader

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Then it could be said that the potency of your regimen currently exceeds the sensitivity of the follicles.

smyth01

Established Member
Reaction score
So much bullshit.

Finasteride not working or dutasteride not working is absolutely NOT a predictor of whether other methods of treatment that work via different mechanisms will work or not.

Case in point: myself, 1 year on Propecia, continued hair loss.
1 month on RU,immediate stabilisation of hair loss and slow but continuing regrowth.

Discouraging people from potentially successful treatments is hardly helpful. Bottom line - try them all. You just can't "predict" in any sense whether something will work or not.

You stabilized your hair loss immediately starting a new treatment? Not being funny mate, but if the wrong person reads that they will rip you apart (scientifically speaking).

Encouraging people to use a research chemical is dangerous, especially a chemical so shady.

Anyway, I wasn't here to debate the stuff, just give my knowledge on the stuff purely based on his situation.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
You stabilized your hair loss immediately starting a new treatment? Not being funny mate, but if the wrong person reads that they will rip you apart (scientifically speaking).

Encouraging people to use a research chemical is dangerous, especially a chemical so shady.

Anyway, I wasn't here to debate the stuff, just give my knowledge on the stuff purely based on his situation.

I've read all the crap about "it takes 6 months to do this, and 12 months to do that". That's not the way it works for me and if you don't believe you can just check my pictures to see how quickly results happen when you use a treatment that actually works.

I always find it amazing when - and I'm not talking about you right now - people pick up the axe of science which, even in the 21st century, is oh so primitive, especially when it comes to hair loss, and then wield it around like a dick chopping heads off of those who dare claim that something in the real world works contrary to the way the limited studies we have done so far tell us it should.

Empirical evidence should always carry more weight than a hypothesis or a theory. We're far from having it all figured out.
All I know is, after 1 month of RU, my hair looks better than it did a month ago. It's not a drastic difference, but my temples have closed in the tiniest bit, and my forelock stands up stronger with just a touch more density. I don't know why that is so implausible.

Oh, and you want to hear the best part? I still shed more or less the same amount of hairs daily, yet I have more hair on the top of my head. It's all true. I have it all logged in my progress thread, I have loads of pictures - I haven't used Finasteride in 9 months and I have more hair on my head than I did on it. Just because I have an atypical response to treatments, people like to sh*t on my cake. It's ridiculous.

And as a side note - I am not encouraging anyone to use anything. Everyone takes their own risk. Even Finasteride is a risk for some people - certainly was for me. There is no "safe" hair loss treatment - you play this game, you understand the risks, hopefully.