Ru 58841 Users Please Chime In With Your Experience

celso217

My Regimen
Reaction score
Didn't apply RU the night before and the next morning and my shed has for the most part stopped. Still losing a little hair but significantly better immediately after stopping RU which causes me to think this wasnt an RU shed but more of an allergic reaction or something. It's really strange to me that i used RU for 20 days and shed but i skipped the 21st and didnt shed. Guess this drug wasnt for me. May consider a low dose of dutasteride once or twice a week to help maintain as my next move.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
That might need a few more days to test.

I will say the ‘itch’ has almost stopped. I’m shedding like crazy and have dialed back washing from every day to every three days.

Still unsure what if anything RU is doing but if nothing else there’s no itch.

Can Oral Minoxidil cause a constant shed? Derm says it’s Telogen Effluvium but no bulbs and top still homer Raj. Back.

hopeforhappiness

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I will say the ‘itch’ has almost stopped. I’m shedding like crazy and have dialed back washing from every day to every three days.

Can Oral Minoxidil cause a constant shed? Derm says it’s Telogen Effluvium but no bulbs and top still homer Raj. Back.

Georgie has non stop shedding and I think she said oral minoxidil may be to blame. Anxiousandy also uses oral minoxidil and after a few months success I think he has experienced non stop shedding. They are both throwing the kitchen sink at their bodies/scalps though so it is hard to tell. I now have a script for loniten but I’m afraid to do anything with it for this reason.

I’ve been non stop shedding 150-200 hairs a day for 7 months and it sounds very strange or dramatic to say but I’ve honestly never felt so close to death. I can’t imagine what a life sentence with oral minoxidil would do to me if I’m to respond poorly the way others have.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score

Oral minoxidil caused me to go on a 5 and a half month dread shed, its only dropping down now but not by much. Probably due to the changes I've made in my regimen.

CodyJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral minoxidil caused me to go on a 5 and a half month dread shed, its only dropping down now but not by much. Probably due to the changes I've made in my regimen.

how is you libido with all that estrogen?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
how is you libido with all that estrogen?
What libido? Lol. Its really low, I don't get horny at all but I don't mind though.

reyl

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're using an abandoned research chemical that was never intended to be used or marketed to the general population. It was never FDA approved (not that should be the only measure used to determine safety, but still).

It's not a well studied drug at all so you are fully using this at your own risk. Personally I'd much rather be using finasteride if I were you.

Kendell

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're using an abandoned research chemical that was never intended to be used or marketed to the general population. It was never FDA approved (not that should be the only measure used to determine safety, but still).

It's not a well studied drug at all so you are fully using this at your own risk. Personally I'd much rather be using finasteride if I were you.
I haven’t heard any bad effects though and I heard it really works

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
RU thinned my hair in 2 spots on my scalp one close to crown and one spot at middle right side. my hair was litteraly disappearing infront of my eyes in those spots and I was barely shedding maybe a tad more than usuall. I saw so much of my scalp and so little hair was left especially near the crown where I had no problems to begin with I just had to quit it. then my friend said to me that RU killed his hairline and he got a transplant to fix it. I may also have had some allergic reaction or maybe RU caused some sort of auto immune disorder in me and was causing alopecia areata I have no clue but it was an unusuall thinning because it was mainy thin as hell in 2 spots on the scalp and by the end of the 2 month it was only worse and I really dont think the hair ever recovered. even when my hair dried up after the last application of RU I could see the thin spot were RU had thinned out and I didnt have a problem there to begin with. I decided to try RU again 1 year later but my first dose felt like I was dieing litteraly dieing I got out from my home then had to turn back home and sit on my bed cause I felt so horribly bad like I was dieing. I knew it was the RU so I threw it away in the bin and 2 months later or so I lost 500-1000 hairs for 2 months I think it was shock loss telogen effluvium from the feeling of dieing after using RU. btw I was using 150-200mg day of RU in 2 months ED in ethanol/pg solution ordered from anageninc. also tried RU high dosage for 3 months with minoxidil but used RU EOD but by the end of the 3 months my hair was abit thinner all over and I had no shedding. RU never removed my scalp itch or thicken my hair or reduced shedding.

sito

Reaction score
First time I used RU in 2012. 5% solution 70/30 eth/pg vehicle
Before that Minoxidil and Revivogen (started 2008) with great regrowth peaking at 18 month mark.
After initial shedding, it stopped totally hairloss and had some visible regrowth. At that time my main problem was in the center of the hairline.
After 6-8 months of RU, I started shedding without any regimen change and also loosing ground. I continued to use RU until 6 months ago. I am pretty sure it was helping with slowing down hairloss.
Regarding sides, I never experienced any sides or at least any sides of which I was aware of.