Ru 58841 Users Please Chime In With Your Experience

celso217

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm coming up to my third week on Ru 58841 and I've had a pretty strange experience if anyone could help that'd be greatly appreciated. I was on finasteride, nizoral and minoxidil for 5 months I started right around my 21st birthday. Initially, I had great results. It looked like I was going back to a Norwood 1 or 0. At about month 4 the scalp itch came back and i started shedding from my hairline. It seemed like things were going quickly and I really wanted to just maintain what I had as it wasn't too awful yet. I started RU at month 5. for the first couple days i used a 60mg dose and had mild headaches and ball aches. I'm not sure if the sexual sides were in my head or not. I never had sides on finasteride. I dropped the dose to about 35 mg. I went through a decent shed for about the first 7-9 days and then boom there was zero shedding. I still felt a little weird, however, and my junk wasnt feeing right. It felt like i had zero blood flowing in that direction. I picked up some ZMA supplements to take and kept pushing on. After like 3-4 days of basically no shedding, it seems like im shedding again now this time it's getting pretty bad. I'm shedding from my hairline to the back of my head and it's mostly thick healthy hair. I really dont know what to do guys should I keep using RU and hope that the shed stops or should I quit this drug? I don't think ZMA caused this shed but I really dont know.

I apply RU using a syringe only to my hairline. Should I switch the syringe out for a new one? I'm very lost any help that would be amazing. I really didn't know what to expect using this drug if anyone has used it or uses it and could share their experience please do.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Its hard to reason that RU at such a low dose caused such side effects - not to mention i'm sure a lot of it gets soaked up in our hair anyway and doesn't get the chance to be absorbed. Perhaps you're just super sensitive.

As Ideal will tell you RU is a pretty weak AA, and i often find myself using 5-6ml of 5% RU (250-300mg) with no sides at all.

As for going forward, you're currently not taking either RU or finasteride, which ultimately means you're going to be losing ground. Its important you use an AA of some sort if you want to prevent the further rate of loss - its just finding something that you can tolerate.

celso217

My Regimen
Reaction score
Its hard to reason that RU at such a low dose caused such side effects - not to mention i'm sure a lot of it gets soaked up in our hair anyway and doesn't get the chance to be absorbed. Perhaps you're just super sensitive.

As Ideal will tell you RU is a pretty weak AA, and i often find myself using 5-6ml of 5% RU (250-300mg) with no sides at all.

As for going forward, you're currently not taking either RU or finasteride, which ultimately means you're going to be losing ground. Its important you use an AA of some sort if you want to prevent the further rate of loss - its just finding something that you can tolerate.

I'm definitely staying on finasteride that actually helped but 20 something days in to ru my hairline is definitely worse I think I might quit. Hopefully the hair I shed will grow back. I don't really know though I'm shedding thick long strands of hair I might be having some type of reaction to this stuff

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Same boat 4 months in. Not one Finasteride though thinking RU could do no harm, to me the shed without any slowing of loss is harm.

celso217

My Regimen
Reaction score
Same boat 4 months in. Not one Finasteride though thinking RU could do no harm, to me the shed without any slowing of loss is harm.

I think I'm just going to throw in the towel before it gets any worse. my dip in shedding happened right after i dropped the dose of this stuff. I'm not sure why but i think it's just making me lose more hair. Hopefully I bounce back from this shed eventually

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
RU, like most hair loss treatments, causes an initial shed. It’s your call, and perhaps there are other factors, but you are never going to get anywhere if you drop treatments after a few weeks because of a shed.

celso217

My Regimen
Reaction score
RU, like most hair loss treatments, causes an initial shed. It’s your call, and perhaps there are other factors, but you are never going to get anywhere if you drop treatments after a few weeks because of a shed.

Do you use RU? I'm not sure man I'm losing healthy hair from all over my head it's been almost 3 weeks now. Everyone who uses RU says their shedding stops mine has only gotten worse. I think it could be making my hair loss worse. My scalp itchiness has also increased.

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What’s your source and vehicle? When/ how often do you apply? Perhaps the ethanol is causing a reaction.

Many people shed initially from RU. Minoxidil made me shed for months. But what it was really doing was kicking off a new growth phase.

el_duterino

Reaction score
If I were you I would Continue finasteride and minoxidil and also add stemoxydine - no need for RU at this stage I took finasteride for 6 years and it worked fine

The shed may be from minoxidil

Stick with these 3 for a year at least

celso217

My Regimen
Reaction score
Using Anagen Powder RU in stemox 60g per 6ml.

No Finasteride

blue was your shedding more diffuse? My shedding kind of wrecked my hairline i can barely style my hair like i used to. I really think I'm going to stop it my loss wasnt even that bad before. I was just scared that i was going to keep losing ground on finasteride only. I ended up losing a bunch of ground in 20 days

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I almost all of my loss has been diffuse.

After two years I’m starting to see some temple loss but proportionally it’s just a constant diffuse shed.

One derm insists it’s a chronic Telogen Effluvium if some sort with mild AA. I’m sure something is also going on but it contributes to my fear of Finasteride. Would 1 pill 1mg a week make a difference?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

After two years I’m starting to see some temple loss but proportionally it’s just a constant diffuse shed.

One derm insists it’s a chronic Telogen Effluvium if some sort with mild AA. I’m sure something is also going on but it contributes to my fear of Finasteride. Would 1 pill 1mg a week make a difference?
I really don't think taking finasteride is going to make a huge difference for you. You and I have the same problem and it did very little for me if anything. I would stop it but I can't take the chance I was wrong all these years. Not only that, I still plan on getting a transplant so I want to lower my risk for shock loss.

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

You would have to take it more often than that. Some get a way with a dose lower than 1mg/day though.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean I see miniaturized hair but the real issue is the crazy loss of density. My forelock is all but gone and the vertex is small fraction of what it was a year ago. I was saving Finasteride as a last resort but I think it’s only going to make things worse. Other option is stopping everything. Anyone use Nutrafol (vitamins)? Scam?

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
I tried it. Didn't work very well until taken with dutasteride for synergistic effects.