RU 250mg per day is actually working

FromHairy2LarryDavid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Crazy, I can't believe that you literally can develop female breasts only by AA. I wonder if gyno surgery will put that off permanently....
It will by removing the glands but you could end up with "craters" in your nipples where gyno was.

AndrewBarnes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
lots of ppl on the HRT thread said the same haha. tbh i just want hair at this point. tuned in to this thread in case we find something conclusive along the way
I'd much rather have craters and not worry about gyno at all, especially if I was a cancer patient, but then again who doesn't love boobs?

AndrewBarnes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update: I took 0.01mg ORM and got a haircut last Friday. I thought I wouldn't be able to determine my hair loss via hair catcher anymore because of the short hair but on Monday I lost 40 hairs in the shower, which is a lot for me now. This means the hair catcher is still viable for me as a hair loss treatment analyzer. Anyway, I believe I lost 40 hairs on Monday because my estrogen levels were still pretty low. On top of that, I also took a diuretic to get rid of some water retention. Associating the 40 hairs lost to ORM not working wouldn't be fair. 2 days later (today), I lost 20 hairs in the shower and I feel like I will lose less and less the longer I take ORM. However, I will lower my ORM dose from 0.01mg to 0.0025mg to reduce the gyno flare ups even further.

In terms of cost-effectiveness, ORM is by far and away the cheapest compared to any other alternative (besides doing nothing). For example, if I use 0.0025mg per day for 30 years it will cost me $10 (ten bucks). If I use 150mg of RU from Kane for 30 years it will cost me $25,000. The cost savings alone crushes any reason to ever use RU, CB, Oh-F, or any other AA. That's $25k I can save for a transplant down the line, if needed.

The one downside to using ORM is that I NEED to take 60mg of Ralox on it. An AI is optional but Ralox is necessary for me to prevent gyno. One downside with taking Ralox is that it causes a little bit of bloat, but imo that's a small problem to have compared to the hair benefits of ORM. Does anyone know the long term risks of taking Ralox?

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update: I took 0.01mg ORM and got a haircut last Friday. I thought I wouldn't be able to determine my hair loss via hair catcher anymore because of the short hair but on Monday I lost 40 hairs in the shower, which is a lot for me now. This means the hair catcher is still viable for me as a hair loss treatment analyzer. Anyway, I believe I lost 40 hairs on Monday because my estrogen levels were still pretty low. On top of that, I also took a diuretic to get rid of some water retention. Associating the 40 hairs lost to ORM not working wouldn't be fair. 2 days later (today), I lost 20 hairs in the shower and I feel like I will lose less and less the longer I take ORM. However, I will lower my ORM dose from 0.01mg to 0.0025mg to reduce the gyno flare ups even further.

In terms of cost-effectiveness, ORM is by far and away the cheapest compared to any other alternative (besides doing nothing). For example, if I use 0.0025mg per day for 30 years it will cost me $10 (ten bucks). If I use 150mg of RU from Kane for 30 years it will cost me $25,000. The cost savings alone crushes any reason to ever use RU, CB, Oh-F, or any other AA. That's $25k I can save for a transplant down the line, if needed.

The one downside to using ORM is that I NEED to take 60mg of Ralox on it. An AI is optional but Ralox is necessary for me to prevent gyno. One downside with taking Ralox is that it causes a little bit of bloat, but imo that's a small problem to have compared to the hair benefits of ORM. Does anyone know the long term risks of taking Ralox?
I feel like the Aromatase Inhibitors are toxic for your hair!! Some people around here, who used AA's, dropped the AI's and did gyno surgery or just let it be. In my eyes, taking more meds is just not good for the long run (i.e. liver).

Correct me if I'm wrong,
Em'!

AndrewBarnes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel like the Aromatase Inhibitors are toxic for your hair!! Some people around here, who used AA's, dropped the AI's and did gyno surgery or just let it be. In my eyes, taking more meds is just not good for the long run (i.e. liver).

Correct me if I'm wrong,
Em'!
I agree with you that Aromatase Inhibitors are toxic for hair but Ralox is not an AI, it's a SERM. I'm not sure how liver toxic Ralox is? A SERM like Nolva is bad for hair but Ralox is generally more hair-safe. Additionally, I'm not on an AI right now because my estrogen is already pretty low but an AI is not needed when taking ORM if you're already taking Ralox. Not taking an AI on ORM comes with downsides however. It will make you retain more water and give you a "soft" appearance. A small dose of AI is fine to take but if you take too much to combat the water retention caused by having an estrogen dominant hormone profile, you run the risk of low estrogen sides, which is MUCH worse imo than high estrogen.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with you that Aromatase Inhibitors are toxic for your hair but Ralox is not an AI, it's a SERM. I'm not sure how liver toxic Ralox is? Additionally, I'm not on an AI right now because my estrogen is already pretty low but an AI is not needed when taking ORM if you're already taking Ralox. Not taking an AI on ORM comes with downsides however, it will make you retain more water and give you a "soft" appearance. A small dose of AI is fine to take but if you take to much to combat the water retention caused by having an estrogen dominant hormone profile, you run the risk of low estrogen sides, which is MUCH worse imo than high estrogen.
Actually, there is already the cure to male pattern baldness, you need androgen blockage on scalp, thats it lol.
And Im glad that youre such a researched dude, nice! Maybe cut off all E blockers and go for gyno surgery!?

AndrewBarnes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Actually, there is already the cure to male pattern baldness, you need androgen blockage on scalp, thats it lol.
And Im glad that youre such a researched dude, nice! Maybe cut off all E blockers and go for gyno surgery!?
Androgen Blockage on the scalp is the name of the game and that's what I'm aiming for. I don't need gyno surgery because the only form of gyno I have is a puffy right nipple that is barely noticeable to other people, especially when I have my shirt off because the nipple naturally gets goosebumps when I have my shirt off and the goosebumps hide the puffiness completely. I'd much rather save the $6k gyno surgery costs to pay off my student loan debts. If I did get the surgery, it would allow me to use more ORM without fear of developing gyno but the thing is, if I use more ORM, it will cause me to bloat more since my estrogen/free-testosterone ratio would be further out of balance. I don't want to look like a water balloon because that defeats the whole reason I'm taking the anti-androgen in the first place: to maintain my hair and look good. Water retention KILLS my facial and body aesthetics.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Androgen Blockage on the scalp is the name of the game and that's what I'm aiming for. I don't need gyno surgery because the only form of gyno I have is a puffy right nipple that is barely noticeable to other people, especially when I have my shirt off because the nipple naturally gets goosebumps when I have my shirt off and the goosebumps hide the puffiness completely. I'd much rather save the $6k gyno surgery costs to pay off my student loan debts. If I did get the surgery, it would allow me to use more ORM without fear of developing gyno but the thing is, if I use more ORM, it will cause me to bloat more since my estrogen/free-testosterone ratio would be further out of balance. I don't want to look like a water balloon because that defeats the whole reason I'm taking the anti-androgen in the first place: to maintain my hair and look good. Water retention KILLS my facial and body aesthetics.
Oof, But nice to hear another user besides Ideal has success with daro. What about regrowth? How do you encourage that?

AndrewBarnes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oof, But nice to hear another user besides Ideal has success with daro. What about regrowth? How do you encourage that?
I've read a post on here with a user experiencing regrowth after adding in topical estrogen. Will consider using it in the future. Another route for regrowth might be topical spironolactone, which is a steroidal antiandrgogen. spironolactone converts test into estrogen and it doesn't go systemic from topical use according to users and studies. spironolactone has a higher binding affinity to the AR than RU and it doesn't go systemic. I already ordered some spironolactone and will experiment with applying it topically alongside ORM in the near future. However, the best treatment for regrowth is minoxidil, but I'm never going to take it because the shedding phase scares the sh*t out of me and I know I wouldn't be able to handle it, and users have reported water retention increases of 5 pounds on it. I would rather get a transplant than use minoxidil.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've read a post on here with a user experiencing regrowth after adding in topical estrogen. Will consider using it in the future. Another route for regrowth might be topical spironolactone, which is a steroidal antiandrgogen. spironolactone converts test into estrogen and it doesn't go systemic from topical use according to users and studies. spironolactone has a higher binding affinity to the AR than RU and it doesn't go systemic. I already ordered some spironolactone and will experiment with using it topically alongside ORM in the near future. However, the best treatment for regrowth is minoxidil, but I'm never going to take it because the shedding phase scares the sh*t out of me and I know I wouldn't be able to handle it, and users have reported water retention increases of 5 pounds on it. I would rather get a transplant than use minoxidil.
spironolactone needs to pass the liver.

AndrewBarnes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
spironolactone needs to pass the liver.
Okay that explains a lot. According to Google, spironolactone is a "prodrug" that is metabolized after administration into a pharmacologically active drug. If it needs to be metabolized by the liver than there's no point of taking it topically unless you use such a large dose for it to go systemic and then metabolize but at that point it would be better to take a tiny dose orally, but taking spironolactone orally is out of the question for me. I guess I'll have to get my hands on some topical E and see if that helps.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay that explains a lot. According to Google, spironolactone is a "prodrug" that is metabolized after administration into a pharmacologically active drug. If it needs to be metabolized by the liver than there's no point of taking it topically unless you use such a large dose for it to go systemic and then metabolize but at that point it would be better to take a tiny dose orally, but taking spironolactone orally is out of the question for me. I guess I'll have to get my hands on some topical E and see if that helps.
To be usefull for male pattern baldness you need to take doses beginning from 100mg to 200mg.

But those are just too high for the side effects they give lol. Other oral AA are better than spironolactone ngl.

But eh, if you got good hair from daro, then just keep it! May I ask what you do when you travell?

Hair-pun

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That is a totally mad dose of RU! Obviously we all assess our own risk but wouldn’t you be better off taking dutasteride daily then lowering the Ru dose? 100mg per day is a high dose, 250 mg is off the scale...

AndrewBarnes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update: On Wednesday, I lost 20 hairs in the shower and today (Friday) I lost only 13. I've had a hair catcher for around a year now and 13 hairs is the lowest amount I ever lost. ORM is the real deal. 500mg of RU didn't even give me the same results as 0.0025mg ORM (dose I'm using now).

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update: On Wednesday, I lost 20 hairs in the shower and today (Friday) I lost only 13. I've had a hair catcher for around a year now and 13 hairs is the lowest amount I ever lost. ORM is the real deal. 500mg of RU didn't even give me the same results as 0.0025mg ORM (dose I'm using now).
what is ORM

AndrewBarnes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I need a better vehicle because the ORM is just way to potent for me even at a 0.0025mg dose. It just keeps going systemic and I'm getting tired of having to keep on diluting it. By better vehicle, I mean a vehicle that is much less penetrating. I either need to reduce the amount of alcohol or PG I use in my vehicle, or both.

If there was a vehicle that kept ORM localized and didn't allow systemic absorption, that would be the cure for many guys because ORM is affordable and safe if gone systemic. The only problem is that it causes gyno when gone systemic. It blows my mind how the best minds in science can't come up with (or aren't trying to) an antiandrogen that will substantially reduce hair loss