RU 250mg per day is actually working

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Its always problematic to make a good topical work because of the absorption ngl. Thats why I refuse topicals.

If by 'absorption', you mean 'everything goes systemic just like you took it orally', then I agree with you.

Signed,
-Mr. Cheese grater Scalp

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
If by 'absorption', you mean 'everything goes systemic just like you took it orally', then I agree with you.

Signed,
-Mr. Cheese grater Scalp
Well no, I mean, for some it does just *nothing*, which means it isn't even reaching the follicle.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well no, I mean, for some it does just *nothing*, which means it isn't even reaching the follicle.

To be frank, most things do nothing even when they do reach the follicle, statistically speaking, so I don't think that's a good measure of effectiveness or the major reason why something doesn't work.

Generally, for reasonably small molecules that are soluble in ethanol, the vast majority of them do not need a more fancy vehicle than that to be used topically. Some people may have a more or less porous or vascularized scalp which can affect systemic distribution and absorption, in which case you either use a higher or lesser concentration of the compound.

Of course, with anti-androgens, if you try some abysmally high concentration and it still doesn't do anything, chances are, maybe you have some kind of mutant receptors and this class of drugs simply won't work for you.

The commonly effective dose range for RU is 50-75 mg. I couldn't fully stop my hair loss even with 100 mg (fairly high dose) and at that point I was already getting systemic side effects. Hence, I can't possibly imagine 250 mg being a safe long term dose, even if it works.

People who need such high doses of conventional anti-androgens should best switch to AR degraders as soon as available, I can see that being safer and more effective at smaller doses.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
To be frank, most things do nothing even when they do reach the follicle, statistically speaking, so I don't think that's a good measure of effectiveness or the major reason why something doesn't work.

Generally, for reasonably small molecules that are soluble in ethanol, the vast majority of them do not need a more fancy vehicle than that to be used topically. Some people may have a more or less porous or vascularized scalp which can affect systemic distribution and absorption, in which case you either use a higher or lesser concentration of the compound.

Of course, with anti-androgens, if you try some abysmally high concentration and it still doesn't do anything, chances are, maybe you have some kind of mutant receptors and this class of drugs simply won't work for you.

The commonly effective dose range for RU is 50-75 mg. I couldn't fully stop my hair loss even with 100 mg (fairly high dose) and at that point I was already getting systemic side effects. Hence, I can't possibly imagine 250 mg being a safe long term dose, even if it works.

People who need such high doses of conventional anti-androgens should best switch to AR degraders as soon as available, I can see that being safer and more effective at smaller doses.
Examples of AR degraders?

AndrewBarnes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

What were your sides on RU whatevr? If I recall correctly, you also tried ODM in the past?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
What were your sides on RU whatevr? If I recall correctly, you also tried ODM in the past?

They were pretty vague - general tiredness, poor sleep, dark circles under eyes, and some penile numbness.

Keeping in mind I had persistent side effects from Finasteride so the RU was probably compounding on that. It did make my existing hair thicker while I was on 100 mg, but strangely I still kept slowly receding on the corners of my hairline.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
PLS help me understand why sides on degraders will be less?
The theory is that they will immediately attach to the AR's in the scalp, instead of not binding to them and searching for less concentrated AR'd by androgens. So the best would be that the (topical) AA could have a high binding affinity to bind immediately to the AR's in scalp + degrade it. Hope this was understandable!?

AndrewBarnes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update: The most hair I ever lost in the shower was 85 hairs and when I was on RU 50mg daily, I averaged around 30-50 hairs. Last Friday I lost only 13 hairs, which was a record low for me but today I lost an unbelievable 5 hairs! I honestly did not think it was possible for me to only lose 5 hairs. ORM is incredible. I couldn't help but to take a picture haha
20210214_135352.jpg

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update: The most hair I ever lost in the shower was 85 hairs and when I was on RU 50mg daily, I averaged around 30-50 hairs. Last Friday I lost only 13 hairs, which was a record low for me but today I lost an unbelievable 5 hairs! I honestly did not think it was possible for me to only lose 5 hairs. ORM is incredible. I couldn't help but to take a picture haha
View attachment 157075
How long are you on daro??

AndrewBarnes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Amazing! Hope you can get some regrowth! Whats your Norwood? Do you mind taking pictures?
Regrowth would be amazing but I'll be more than happy to maintain what I have. I would say I'm a NW2 but my left temple is worse than my right. My right temple is like a NW1.5 at most. I wish I knew about this forum before I took SARMS/test, would've saved me a lot of hair. Sure I can post pics later on today.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Regrowth would be amazing but I'll be more than happy to maintain what I have. I would say I'm a NW2 but my left temple is worse than my right. My right temple is like a NW1.5 at most. I wish I knew about this forum before I took SARMS/test, would've saved me a lot of hair. Sure I can post pics later on today.
Do you apply twice daily?

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im excited to see your progress. At this rate, you should be at the very least maintaining.

AndrewBarnes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you apply twice daily?
I've only been applying a super low dose once every 3 days. Reason being is I want to monitor how the dose effects my test/estrogen balance and that usually takes 3 days. When the ORM first arrived, I applied 0.5mg and waited 3 days. On the 3rd day my gyno flared up. Been trying to find a dose I can take every other day while being able to control any gyno sides.

As for washing my hair, I was wash it every other day using Nioxin shampoo and conditioner.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've only been applying a super low dose once every 3 days. Reason being is I want to monitor how the dose effects my test/estrogen balance and that usually takes 3 days. When the ORM first arrived, I applied 0.5mg and waited 3 days. On the 3rd day my gyno flared up. Been trying to find a dose I can take every other day while being able to control any gyno sides.

As for washing my hair, I was wash it every other day using Nioxin shampoo and conditioner.
Gyno = hair regrowth ngl lmao

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score

Perhaps, do you mind taking ralox or smt like that?

AndrewBarnes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Gyno = hair regrowth ngl lmao
I was actually thinking the same thing ngl. I crashed my estrogen levels last week from too much AI and felt horrible, like suicidal horrible. I haven't taken an AI since and I feel like my E levels are higher than normal now. Maybe one of the reasons I'm not losing as much hair now is because my E levels are dominant/higher than normal and I could achieve similar results using a topical estrogen. I remember reading a post where the person only experienced results after introducing a topical estrogen into their regimen.