RU 250mg per day is actually working

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
some bodies must be really sensitive, and that sensitivity could translate into a better response hairwise...

for the record, in theory ODM is more potent than ORM...

View attachment 157356

but in practise, this may not have any value, as ARN's therapeutic effectiveness is not predicted in these graphs...

Apalutamide is molecularly and mechanistically similar to enzalutamide, as it antagonizes the ligandbinding domain of androgen receptor (AR) with potent affinity, thereby preventing AR nuclear translocation; it also does not have agonistic effects in the presence of AR overexpression [27]. Apalutamide led to ≥ 50% tumor regression in eight of ten castrate immunodeficient mice harboring LNCaP/AR xenograft tumors, whereas bicalutamide led to ≥ 50% tumor regression in only one of the ten evaluated mice [27]. Notably, apalutamide also demonstrated greater in vivo activity in CRPC xenograft models [28], compared to enzalutamide, 2–4-times lower doses of apalutamide were needed to achieve stable, therapeutic plasma concentrations in a mouse model of human CRPC xenografts with approximately the same drug concentrations in the tumor; this suggests a higher therapeutic index for apalutamide with a greater scope for dose escalation [27].

@Avacado your response to ORM will be interesting, i'd still recommend having your preferred SERM on hand...
But then only Raloxifene... Tamoxifene is devastating for the hair. Remember... the rising E is important, to let it attach to ER betas for the hair.

thinincrown

Established Member
Reaction score
this is also interesting, if something is working past the 2 year mark, it may be a long term solution...

Current therapies use AR signaling inhibitors (ARSI) exemplified by abiraterone acetate, a P450c17 inhibitor, and enzalutamide, a potent AR antagonist. However, drug resistance to these agents occurs within 12-18 months

---

Chronic apalutamide treatment in C4-2B cells activates the steroid hormone biosynthesis pathway and increases AKR1C3 expression, which confers resistance to enzalutamide, abiraterone, and darolutamide. In conclusion, our results suggest that apalutamide and darolutamide share similar resistant mechanisms with enzalutamide and abiraterone. The AKR1C3/AR-V7 complex confers cross-resistance to second-generation androgen receptor–targeted therapies in advanced prostate cancer.

---

so, until 2 years from now... :)
I consider maintenance a victory

AndrewBarnes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update: My hair loss is maintaining and I'm losing 10-15 hairs in the shower. I believe the water/alcohol vehicle is best for me but I need to still experiment with the dosage because I believe taking it everyday makes my gyno flare up but it's hard to tell. I ran out of Ralox and I won't be applying ORM until I receive some more. I have water retention on ORM but I can't combat it by drinking a lot of water because my appetite isn't big enough to be drinking a gallon a day. I took benadryl today, which is an antihistamine, and it increased my appetite significantly but the problem is that benadryl makes you very drowsy because it's a 1st generation antihistamine. 2nd generation antihistamines (such as Zyrtec, Allegra, etc.) don't make you drowsy and will hopefully increase my appetite. I will give them a shot to increase my appetite, which will allow me drink more water and thus reduce my water retention

Avacado

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update: My hair loss is maintaining and I'm losing 10-15 hairs in the shower. I believe the water/alcohol vehicle is best for me but I need to still experiment with the dosage because I believe taking it everyday makes my gyno flare up but it's hard to tell. I ran out of Ralox and I won't be applying ORM until I receive some more. I have water retention on ORM but I can't combat it by drinking a lot of water because my appetite isn't big enough to be drinking a gallon a day. I took benadryl today, which is an antihistamine, and it increased my appetite significantly but the problem is that benadryl makes you very drowsy because it's a 1st generation antihistamine. 2nd generation antihistamines (such as Zyrtec, Allegra, etc.) don't make you drowsy and will hopefully increase my appetite. I will give them a shot to increase my appetite, which will allow me drink more water and thus reduce my water retention
In your opinion, would you say this is a good update or a bad update?

AndrewBarnes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I took 1 pill of Benadryl and now I never feel bloated or "full-full" after eating or drinking. Very odd sensation that I've never experienced before.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's going great. Still maintaining what I have and only losing at most 20 hairs in the shower. I'm going to buy estriol from Amazon and add that in with the ORM to see how well it works. Might also try an estriol/estradiol (80/20) mix off Amazon as well.
Hi, glad to see you still going on strong. Any sexual sides at all?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
All the guys in the world trying different "male meds" nor any pic to see. This means they don't work or only barely work says Janey.

Water, water, everywhere.... That's a Kevin Costner movie.

Experimentality

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
All the guys in the world trying different "male meds" nor any pic to see. This means they don't work or only barely work says Janey.

Water, water, everywhere.... That's a Kevin Costner movie.
Of course they do. Darolutamide does exactly what it needs to do: block the AR. We all know by now that merely blocking the AR will not give any regrowth in most cases. That is why transplants exist. Also I think "work" may be translated to maintenance here. The only way to regrow vast amounts of hair is with HRT which is not an option for almost everyone on this website. If you are going to compare everything to HRT then of course all treatments will pale in comparison. That does not mean they are useless, nor that they barely work, just that they do not work as well as HRT, which is a neutral conclusion. Regarding pictures: there is nothing to see in pictures, because maintenance is not interesting. Although I am not sure Andrew used a sufficient concentration of ORM, I would be baffled to see anyone lose hair through androgenic mechanisms when using topical ORM, Daro or any of the other second generation NSAA's. There is no one that is going to provide pictures of massive regrowth with a not-already-heavily-used-drug like minoxidil or finasteride (or HRT). If they do I am sure it would be a fake picture.

Shardz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn this dude really rather f*** his hormones up long term than just shave it off. Im at a point where finasteride isnt working anymore for maintenance and Im only 22. Imma try minoxidil and ru 5% and if that doesnt work in maintening imma shave it off

MDL999

My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn this dude really rather f*** his hormones up long term than just shave it off. Im at a point where finasteride isnt working anymore for maintenance and Im only 22. Imma try minoxidil and ru 5% and if that doesnt work in maintening imma shave it off
Or hairsystem, dont neglect that option tbh