Rogaine SUPPORT and HELP!

msgluv

Reaction score
Hello,
Please someone respond to this. I have had devestating news and no one around me remotely understands. I have been using rogaine for about two months. This was a big hope for me. I thought it would be annoying to use, but that it would work. I was deathly afraid that if I started to use it, and it didn't work, then I would be screwed. I thought this because I knew that there was a big shedding period for about two weeks, so I was afraid that I would lose more hair in a faster time and then that would be it- if it didn't work I would have caused more damage. My derm dismissed my fears, as they do. Now I am two months into it and I am still shedding profusely. My hair density has diminished. I called rogaine and they told me to DISCONTINUE and see my derm. Wouldn't it be nice if I actually thought the derm would help? Now he'll probably say, OH WELL!!!!!!!!!! I am wearing a hairpiece these days, but it wasn't something I planned on doing forever. Now, I guess I need to come to terms with the fact that I will eventually have to wear a full wig and that I will never go swimming again, or feel attractive. What else is out there that REALLY works or has the hope of working? I am so overwhelmed with all the info, I just feel like crying, and quitting. I know that we all feel this way and I just need some support from people that understand. What can I do now? I trust the people on the site more than my derm. Please help me. :cry:

jvantin1

Reaction score
Hi,

When I read your email, I was sad for you, but also angry that not enough people pay credence to the fact--and it is a fact--that Rogaine can cause devastating shedding for which there is no explanation--and no treatment. I've said as much on this board and others, but people continue to say how wonderful Rogaine is. It is NOT ALWAYS WONDERFUL.

Rogaine can and does work for some people--BUT IT DOES NOT WORK FOR EVERYONE. THE ONLY WAY YOU WILL KNOW WHETHER IT WILL WORK FOR YOU--OR MAKE YOU LOSE SIGNIFICANTLY MORE HAIR--IS TO TAKE A GAMBLE.

That's what Rogaine is--a gamble.

I've read horror stories about women using Rogaine and going through sheds similar to yours. I am so sorry. Please, ladies, let's start giving out a caveat when we talk about Rogaine on this or any other board: It may work for you, or it may cause a really horrible shed that has no end in sight.

Everyone is different. I'm not saying it doesn't work, or that it's a horrible product. But when it comes to hair loss, response to any treatment is so individual...there's just no way to predict.

Pass on the word about Rogaine, PLEASE.

I want to leave you with hope--maybe the shedding will stop and you'll grow most of your hair back. I really hope you do. In my case, I've bought Rogaine twice--and stopped using it within a week because of the stories I've read. I wish you the best of luck.

Keep us updated. Maybe you'll see regrowth very soon!

J

msgluv

Reaction score
Thank you so much for your response. It just helps to hear a sympathetic message. I will tell people about Rogaine because it's not worth it.