ROGAINE Foam is EXCELLENT!

dablackman

Reaction score
By the way guys with me not cutting my thinning hair area i am getting my afro back. I did have a afro earlier this year but buzzed my hair because of not knowing that it might not continue to grow plus doing this showed my hairloss pattern. That is why i preach to others about the importance of never cutting thinning areas while using Rogaine. But check out the regrowth from Dec. 17 06 to today, Jan. 17 07. I am all smiles :D :D :D Plus my last semester of college just started back yesterday!

TheHairGrower

Established Member
Reaction score
to everyone using the foam, anyone manage to not shed? and any ideas on how to bypass shedding, maybe start with really small doses?

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
TheHairGrower said:
to everyone using the foam, anyone manage to not shed? and any ideas on how to bypass shedding, maybe start with really small doses?

I dont think you can bypass the shedding. If there was a way, there wouldnt be so many people fretting about it. Just stick it out, it happens in the majority of people so im told.

Far Too Young

Established Member
Reaction score
I find it's easier if you put the top of the foam nozzle down into the thinning areas of the hair and spray out to appropriate amount directly onto the scalp. That way most of the foam is applied directly, under the hair. Of course some will dry in the hair, but not that much. With a little bit of practice you can develop a pretty sensitive trigger finger with the stuff and apply it well.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Far Too Young said:
I find it's easier if you put the top of the foam nozzle down into the thinning areas of the hair and spray out to appropriate amount directly onto the scalp. That way most of the foam is applied directly, under the hair. Of course some will dry in the hair, but not that much. With a little bit of practice you can develop a pretty sensitive trigger finger with the stuff and apply it well.

this is what I've been trying to tell people. Much easier in my experience to apply directly to the scalp rather then in the cap or hand before applying. Then simply rub in and be done with it. Convenience and simpleness of application is important to me to be consistent with my applications.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
dablackman said:
By the way guys with me not cutting my thinning hair area i am getting my afro back. I did have a afro earlier this year but buzzed my hair because of not knowing that it might not continue to grow plus doing this showed my hairloss pattern. That is why i preach to others about the importance of never cutting thinning areas while using Rogaine. But check out the regrowth from Dec. 17 06 to today, Jan. 17 07. I am all smiles :D :D :D Plus my last semester of college just started back yesterday!

I'm getting old and my reading glasses might not be working right but your regrowth is one of the best I've seen. I mean, you were balding in October, 2006 but not balding in December, 2006!! I'm happy for you but jealousy makes me not like you too much if you know what I mean! :)

Is this just from the Rogaine Foam, are you using Toppik? You should post those pictures in the success stories forum IMHO.

Nevermind, I just saw you have posted in the success stories forum!! :oops:

dablackman

Reaction score
No toppik or courve. Basically no concealers period. This is all natural regrowth. I give credit to Rogaine foam for the simple reason that my hair had stop growing when i was using the liquid after i cut it last summer. I used the foam from Oct22 to present. it is very hard for me to see so many people not getting the same benifits as me tho?

Artista

Established Member
Reaction score
dablackman said:
No toppik or courve. Basically no concealers period. This is all natural regrowth. I give credit to Rogaine foam for the simple reason that my hair had stop growing when i was using the liquid after i cut it last summer. I used the foam from Oct22 to present. it is very hard for me to see so many people not getting the same benifits as me tho?

You are also on the younger side and probably caught it pretty quick. Rogaine unfortunately doesn't guarantee everyone with Androgenetic Alopecia or male pattern baldness success.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I finally decided to have a look about online for some foam and ended up making an impulse buy despite not being sure whether I'll start this month or next. I got a 3 month supply for £22 including delivery, is this a reasonable price?

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
UK78 said:
I finally decided to have a look about online for some foam and ended up making an impulse buy despite not being sure whether I'll start this month or next. I got a 3 month supply for £22 including delivery, is this a reasonable price?

I think that's a great price - was it a UK site? I paid about £35 for a four month supply from M inox D irect.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
tchehov said:
UK78 said:

I think that's a great price - was it a UK site? I paid about £35 for a four month supply from M inox D irect.

It was from ebay, up until the last minute it was about half that price. The only thing that worries me is that the cans in the picture look completely different to the ones I've seen on other hairloss sites, there must just be a couple of different packages.

Far Too Young

Established Member
Reaction score
Good price, UK78. Probably not the cheapest, but respectable. Out of ease (and since I'm still in school and on the parent's tab) I just head down to the local Eckerd's once a month (American drug store chain) and buy a 3 pack for 50 USD (plus tax). So you probably came out alright.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Far Too Young said:
Out of ease (and since I'm still in school and on the parent's tab) I just head down to the local Eckerd's once a month (American drug store chain) and buy a 3 pack for 50 USD (plus tax)

You use a 3 month supply every month?

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Far Too Young said:
Haha no, I should have said once a quarter.

Phew.. I was starting to think that this was going to work out more expensive than I thought. :p

Artista

Established Member
Reaction score
I use a can every 1 1/2 week. Of course I have still a lot of hair left, and diffuse thinning so I pretty much need it almost over my entire scalp.

hopewas

Reaction score
i love the foam..liquid minoxixil used to dry my scalp..the foam doesn't ..no more flaky skin..i love it