ROGAINE Foam is EXCELLENT!

vartex

Reaction score
I know, but overall my hair feels a lot stronger. I'm still shedding, but definitely at a slower rate.

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score
Far Too Young said:
It's a little too early to be judging success. To my understanding of the Minoxidil regrowth progress, it shouldn't halt any bit of shedding that will take place due to the normal male pattern baldness process. It simply adds a little growth that cosmetically offsets what's being lost.

The increased shedding could be the result of increased potency or, almost more likely, considerably less minoxidil absorption which is leading to the shed of the hairs gained by minoxidil with prior use of the normal solution.

More than likely less absorbtion? highly doubtful. if anything it absorbs better. Iam seeing more gains after adding the foam

Far Too Young

Established Member
Reaction score
See, I'm not so sure about the better absorption. I still have a bit of hair, so it seems that a lot of the rogaine is trapped in the hair with the foam and never makes it to the scalp, whereas the solution was immediately diffusing over the entire scalp. I quit using the solution because I felt like the glycol concentration was encourgaging inflammation. Do you feel like a lot gets caught in your hair?

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
i just applied my first foam dose and i thinks its quality,it literally dried in 2 minutes ,no run off and its much easier to get onto the scalp than the liquid........first impressions are very good.......and the smell is not so bad ,just smells like any old gel/wax/shaving foam etc etc

:hairy:

Cassin

Reaction score
From what I seem to be gathering from people on forums and my own experience...it seems the first batches smelled heavily of cologne and the more recent batches seem to be fine.

Artista

Established Member
Reaction score
Far Too Young said:
See, I'm not so sure about the better absorption. I still have a bit of hair, so it seems that a lot of the rogaine is trapped in the hair with the foam and never makes it to the scalp, whereas the solution was immediately diffusing over the entire scalp. I quit using the solution because I felt like the glycol concentration was encourgaging inflammation. Do you feel like a lot gets caught in your hair?
I have a lot of hair left too, and I just apply the foam directly to the scalp and massage it in. I get some in my hair but oh well. I also use it one time a day as they say that is fine to do, at night and wash it out in the am. I may add some in the am after my scalp is dry to areas that are suffering the worst.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ah the foam!!!!

After all these yrs you'd think they would have come up with it sooner.

I started using it this week in the AM only b/c Dr Lee's Xandrox was too oily. It dries so fast and like a few said helps in styling your hair. It smells good too.

I still use the xandrox 15% at night f/b the 5% spironolactone in the hairline.

I am so excited about this b/c now I have a easy to apply product in the AM.

YES! Big fisting moment right now!

Reaction score
Artista said:
I just apply the foam directly to the scalp and massage it in.

Two questions ...you said directly...I thought you first apply it with your hands and not directly on the hair.
Second question would be...how long it generally takes for this product to work. I have to say I feel it working after the application....or atleast I hope.

Artista

Established Member
Reaction score
losinghairsuddenly said:
Artista said:

Two questions ...you said directly...I thought you first apply it with your hands and not directly on the hair.
Second question would be...how long it generally takes for this product to work. I have to say I feel it working after the application....or atleast I hope.
I stick the nozel on my scalp and gently press. Sometimes when the can is still like half full I get too much out for the spot (I apply all over my head cuz I have diffuse thinning all over). I just scoop up the excess with my fingers and spread it elsewhere. The weather is colder now so the foam doesn't melt as it would in the summer on your fingers if they are warm.

I massage it it for about 30 seconds and just let it dry the rest of the way. You need to leave it in for at least 4 hours for it to do it's thing, but you need to give it at least 6 mo to a year before you can say if it's working for you or not.

kaner529

Reaction score
I have to say...the foam seems to really be working for me. At first there seemed to be peach fuzz growing on my hairline but low and behold another week or 2 later the hairs seem longer and darker and it seems like the regrowth stage is beginning, much to my surprise. I was very skeptical about rogaine working on the hairline but I've been proven wrong!

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Artista said:
losinghairsuddenly said:
Artista said:

I stick the nozel on my scalp and gently press. Sometimes when the can is still like half full I get too much out for the spot (I apply all over my head cuz I have diffuse thinning all over). I just scoop up the excess with my fingers and spread it elsewhere. The weather is colder now so the foam doesn't melt as it would in the summer on your fingers if they are warm.

I massage it it for about 30 seconds and just let it dry the rest of the way. You need to leave it in for at least 4 hours for it to do it's thing, but you need to give it at least 6 mo to a year before you can say if it's working for you or not.

Who told you that u have to massage it 30 seconds? I was told for a few seconds if that.

Artista

Established Member
Reaction score
LookingGood! said:
Artista said:
losinghairsuddenly said:
Artista said:

Who told you that u have to massage it 30 seconds? I was told for a few seconds if that.
No one. I just do it for scalp massage too.

Reaction score
kaner529 said:
I have to say...the foam seems to really be working for me. At first there seemed to be peach fuzz growing on my hairline but low and behold another week or 2 later the hairs seem longer and darker and it seems like the regrowth stage is beginning, much to my surprise. I was very skeptical about rogaine working on the hairline but I've been proven wrong!

I just hope it starts working on me sooner then later. Weird thing is that I have some increased shedding when I try to use foam as a styling foam massaging my head both ways. When I apply the foam naturally down my hairline it is OK, but going against it the shedding is increased.

dablackman

Reaction score
Man, if it wasn't for rogaine foam i would still be rockin a scattered buzz cut. I had amazing results from regular ro starting from start of treatment from Sept 05-Junel 06 but cut all that regrowth off. After that i continued treatment all thru the summer but none of my past regrown hair would grow. I think ro had its 8 months to full work. But when i switched to foam ro in early Oct until now I regrew it back. I havent cut my hair since Dec 17 and am startin to get my fro back. I'll post pics in my success story of "20 year old... in late Jan to hopefully have a full fro.

Reaction score
dablackman said:
Man, if it wasn't for rogaine foam i would still be rockin a scattered buzz cut. I had amazing results from regular ro starting from start of treatment from Sept 05-Junel 06 but cut all that regrowth off. After that i continued treatment all thru the summer but none of my past regrown hair would grow. I think ro had its 8 months to full work. But when i switched to foam ro in early Oct until now I regrew it back. I havent cut my hair since Dec 17 and am startin to get my fro back. I'll post pics in my success story of "20 year old... in late Jan to hopefully have a full fro.

Thanks for great explanantion and congrats for such a success. I guess Rogaine is for real. I just wish I would know should I let my hair grow longer and also should I wash my hair every night. Does that affect more or less because I use Nizoral 3 times per week. Other days 2,3 times per week I use Fitoval (European mild shampoo).
Keep plugging dablackman:)

RadioRaheem

Established Member
Reaction score
dablackman said:

I just ordered Rogaine Foam today. So hopefully I'll get it by next week and start using that instead. The liquid version has been working a little bit it seems. I also just ordered Nizoral 2%, so I cant wait to get that too. I've heard from others the foam is more successful. I really want to move to the foam just becuz I hear it dries so much quicker and is less messy.

How come you are trying to grow back your old fro though? I think the lower cut with the waves worked better for you.

chino20

Established Member
Reaction score
RadioRaheem said:
dablackman said:

I just ordered Rogaine Foam today. So hopefully I'll get it by next week and start using that instead. The liquid version has been working a little bit it seems. I also just ordered Nizoral 2%, so I cant wait to get that too. I've heard from others the foam is more successful. I really want to move to the foam just becuz I hear it dries so much quicker and is less messy.

How come you are trying to grow back your old fro though? I think the lower cut with the waves worked better for you.

Mate, from other sites can I just suggest to you that if you've been using the liquid, start off with the foam once per day and liquid once per day too, loadsa peopl who were on the liquid who changed straight to the foam seem to be complaining of sheds. Maybe you could save yourself one if you like, transitioned?

dablackman

Reaction score
What it do RadioRaheem, how is ur progress goin. Dont get me wrong, i loved rockin my ceaser with waves. But believe me it also feels really good to rock a fro. I didn't realize is was goin to continue to get regrowth in early Dec. but since I have let my hair grow out and not cut it like i use to every 2 weeks the waves are turning into naps basically. I feel this time around I will let my hair grow to its max and keep it lined regularly. To every1 else I feel there are hundreds of peplz who have great results with rogaine but are not members of hairloss forums and just keep it to themselves. There IS HOPE :wink:

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
well the foam workes for me i started 2.5 months ago with liquid and changed to the foam a month later, a week ago i started seeing regrowth and thickening yipeee

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
i spray a line from my left temple to right and let it fizz away,means nothing but it makes it sound like its working right there n then

:hairy: