ROGAINE Foam is EXCELLENT!

RadioRaheem

Established Member
Reaction score
chino20 said:
Mate, from other sites can I just suggest to you that if you've been using the liquid, start off with the foam once per day and liquid once per day too, loadsa peopl who were on the liquid who changed straight to the foam seem to be complaining of sheds. Maybe you could save yourself one if you like, transitioned?

Yeah, I just ordered the foam though. So if I see major shedding I'll do a liquid + foam daily combo. But I think I'll transition to the foam completely because a lot of folks here have also complained about shedding from the liquid version. However, I have not experienced any shedding whatsoever from using the liquid. So we shall see how I do with the foam... I'll keep your suggestion in mind in event I do see any shedding.

@ Da Blackman:

So far, the progress has been improvin, but slowly. The last time I went to the barber for a Ceasar, he was able to line-up my temples (hairline) a bit. Some weeks before that though, both barbers I use, they didn't even bother to touch that area! And dont worry, they always cut around my temples. But its encouragin to know that it is workin a bit. I'm hoping with the foam that my progress will increase that much more.

Reaction score
One question gents if someone can clearify please what half a capfull actually measures because my first bottle of foam already lasts more then a month so I am afraid I am not applying enough.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
losinghairsuddenly said:
One question gents if someone can clearify please what half a capfull actually measures because my first bottle of foam already lasts more then a month so I am afraid I am not applying enough.
yep mine too and i use even a bit more then half ,im not worried though because its working...

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
oh man the FOAM is absolutely fantastic, I just recently switched to it from the liquid.

For everyone who has done liquid minoxidil and has waited for it to dry for 4 freaking hours 2x a day will understand what I mean.

dablackman

Reaction score
Hey guys, I started Rogaine foam on Oct. 22 and today, a lil over 2 months later, I have finished my bottle. and I have to apply it from my hairline to my mid scalp. So dont worry about not using the full bottle in 1 month. Actually i think if someone is using it all within a month they are using to much or they have a Norwood 5. By the way i wonder if i could be a spokesperson that endorses Rogaine Foam on commercials? MONEY :lol:

Reaction score
Thanks, but now slightly more than a month into using Foam I am noticing more and more shedding. Is that normal.....even more noticable shedding if I try to apply it against my hairline (style or spike my hair).
I am worrying, because I don't see great results, even though I just started big three not that while ago.

dablackman

Reaction score
I cannot stess enough to give the treatments at least 6 months, then look for results. Even tho it is normal to shed when starting treatments i didn't ever experience this. I just didn't see any growth until the 3rd month. Shedding is extremely common tho!

RadioRaheem

Established Member
Reaction score
dablackman said:
Hey guys, I started Rogaine foam on Oct. 22 and today, a lil over 2 months later, I have finished my bottle. and I have to apply it from my hairline to my mid scalp. So dont worry about not using the full bottle in 1 month. Actually i think if someone is using it all within a month they are using to much or they have a Norwood 5. By the way i wonder if i could be a spokesperson that endorses Rogaine Foam on commercials? MONEY :lol:

Man, I got my Rogaine foam today and it is the sh*t! It's sooooo much better than the liquid version. I dont get any of the skin peels/flakes anymore either. Now all I'm waiting for now is my Nizoral 2% and 5% spironolactone cream. Both are on their way! And yeah, if I were you, I'd contact Rogaine to be a spokesman as well, haha. I mean, how many spokesmen of color do they have? hah

Reaction score
RadioRaheem said:
dablackman said:

Man, I got my Rogaine foam today and it is the $#iT! It's sooooo much better than the liquid version. I dont get any of the skin peels/flakes anymore either. Now all I'm waiting for now is my Nizoral 2% and 5% spironolactone cream. Both are on their way! And yeah, if I were you, I'd contact Rogaine to be a spokesman as well, haha. I mean, how many spokesmen of color do they have? hah

What is spironolactone cream....is that something recomendable ???
Thanks dablackdude 8)

RadioRaheem

Established Member
Reaction score
losinghairsuddenly said:
What is spironolactone cream....is that something recomendable ???
Thanks dablackdude 8)

From what I've read -- yes, its recommendable. But I haven't used it yet. I will be very soon. The 5% spironolactone cream works as a DHT-inhibitor to help you maintain/halt any hair loss on the areas you apply it to. It's a topical solution, rather than internal. I don't want to jump on Finsteride (Propecia) yet, so that is my alternative. Also, it's okay if you are only losing hair in areas like your temples. As I can't imagine someone trying to apply the cream to their ENTIRE scalp. That would be quite messy I would assume. I'm only gonna use it for my temples, since thats where my loss is happening at.

I'll try keep you in mind to let you know if it works for me (although supposedly it'll probably take at least a few months to really kick in).

tommyblah

Reaction score
i have mixed feelings about the foam so far....i got it 'cause everyone says you don't have to deal with the four hours of having it on your head....so i get it and open the booklet and it says you can't wash your hair for four hours after applying!! WTF???

if you have any hair on your head, it's impossible to not get most of it in your hair, and it dries so fast it's hard to rub it in thoroughly enough. so i fear i'm not getting very good treatments.

on top of that it still leaves the same flaky white residue that looks like dandruff.

the only benefit i see in using it is it doesn't drip down your head.

Chorizo

Reaction score
I got it to solely use on my hairline, I get the regular liquid kind also, which I apply with the dripper on the top of my head. I haven't cut my hair in about 3 months and I find this as a great way to apply minoxidil when your hair is longer. I no longer have the flaking in the front from using the foam vs. the liquid.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
tommyblah said:
...so i get it and open the booklet and it says you can't wash your hair for four hours after applying!! WTF???

yes so? Obviously you are new to hairloss treatments if that is your biggest complaint.

tommyblah said:
if you have any hair on your head, it's impossible to not get most of it in your hair, and it dries so fast it's hard to rub it in thoroughly enough.

please tell me you are joking because then and only then can I take your response seriously. :roll:

tommyblah said:
on top of that it still leaves the same flaky white residue that looks like dandruff.

no it doesn't

jacko1

Reaction score
little hairs to big hairs

so i am definitely having some regrowth success in my temples using the foam, but wonder if the little dark hairs will ever grow to be full bodied. I have seen the regrowth for about a month but it seems to have stopped growing.

can anyone comment on whether minoxidil regrowth tends to eventually look like normal hair?

dablackman

Reaction score
Jacko1, yes if u continue to use rogaine as directed, that regrown hair will eventually thicken and look like the rest of your hair. The key is to keep using it and allow your hair to grow by not cutting it

Reaction score
dablackman said:
Jacko1, yes if u continue to use rogaine as directed, that regrown hair will eventually thicken and look like the rest of your hair. The key is to keep using it and allow your hair to grow by not cutting it
Dablackdude...are you serious.....not cutting it :freaked:
I cut my hair like twice per month....buzz cut....are you serious ???

plusryan

Established Member
Reaction score
Dablackdude...are you serious.....not cutting it Freaked
I cut my hair like twice per month....buzz cut....are you serious ???

Don't worry man shaving your head doesn't have any effect on hair loss, just keep applying minoxidil and you're good to go.

dablackman

Reaction score
I have briefly discussed the issue on cutting hairloss areas in my success story. All I am saying concerning this is that if you are a diffuse thinner like i am, you have to allow your medication like rogaine to thickin up your thinning hair areas by not cutting it. Not all the hair on your head. Just think, if you are cutting your thinning areas, you could possibly be cutting your future regrowth success :cry: . Now if your hairline is receding, then my theory doesn't apply to you. you guys can get away with a buzz cut :D