#RIPJustinHair

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
While, on another thread a poor kid is considering a hair line transplant while not being on any preventative medication, with full diffuse thinning.. and this thread has five pages and almost a thousand views. You folks know a lot about hair loss, hair transplant's and anti androgens. Why don't you shut the f*ck up about Bieber already and focus on helping people. This thread is lame as f*ck. HairLossTalk.com is one of the good ones. Why don't we stop diluting it.

Because there already IS a ton of help outside of this thread. Its not our job to look for baldites and tell them about options. Go to the New Research, Studies, and Technologies forum category and you'll know what's up.

I should mention though, I'll be making a thread for an RU Guide that will make the one I posted on BTT obsolete.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because there already IS a ton of help outside of this thread. Its not our job to look for baldites and tell them about options. Go to the New Research, Studies, and Technologies forum category and you'll know what's up.

I should mention though, I'll be making a thread for an RU Guide that will make the one I posted on BTT obsolete.

I look forward to that. I liked the one you posted on BTT. When do you think you will be posting that? That is unbeliebable.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean un BELIEVABLE!!! DAMNITT!!!

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I look forward to that. I liked the one you posted on BTT. When do you think you will be posting that? That is unbeliebable.

Maybe within a week. I'm planning on doing a video which will give a FULL step by step guide so there's almost ZERO need to ask questions.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe within a week. I'm planning on doing a video which will give a FULL step by step guide so there's almost ZERO need to ask questions.

I belieb Hellouser... I. BELIEB.

- - - Updated - - -

I just weigh out 600mg and dump it into a vile of 6ml neogenic. It dissolves really well, and seems to remain on the scalp without evaporating immediately. What do you think Hellouser?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I belieb Hellouser... I. BELIEB.

- - - Updated - - -

I just weigh out 600mg and dump it into a vile of 6ml neogenic. It dissolves really well, and seems to remain on the scalp without evaporating immediately. What do you think Hellouser?

What's the neogenic vehicle made of? I'd imagine it's pretty good, so it should work.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bieber actually HAS insulted the balding community with his condescending remarks about Prince William and propecia.

Besides, he's a burden to society and baldness would give him the reality check he desperately needs. Some people deserve it. He's one of them.

I should add, if Bieber were to go bald, it's also be a reality check to all his idiot fans too.

MEN GO BALD. DEAL WITH IT.

Just like women use makeup to hide all the lack of confidence.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score

blackg

Reaction score
The only thing that would come out of him balding is possibly some attention to the subject

That being said I sure wouldn't wish it upon him. I agree with some others in this thread that the " hate bieber" thing is stupid. There's better things to be directing your hate towards
One Direction?

shookwun

Reaction score
hair is all that matters.

After going through that wig bull****, I value my hair about 10x now. I will do everything, and anything to maintain what I have.

Don't realise how good we have it, until you go that route.

We are free, embrace and do whatever it takes to keep your hair.

A NW2-3 is better then wearing a hair piece

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bieber actually HAS insulted the balding community with his condescending remarks about Prince William and propecia.

Besides, he's a burden to society and baldness would give him the reality check he desperately needs. Some people deserve it. He's one of them.

It will affect perceptions very weakly.

If he loses hair women/society won't say "Oh men lose hair, it's natural. even Justin Beiber did, lets just embrace and have sex with bald/balding men!". It'll be more like "Oh did you guys hear about Justin? yeah he used to be cute. Dude is balding now. oh well" He'll simply fall off the radar and go into obscurity just like all the has-been "heart-throbs" of generations past. Then another new singer with a Norwood-1 hairline will emerge and dominate pop culture.

Rinse and repeat.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
It will affect perceptions very weakly.

If he loses hair women/society won't say "Oh men lose hair, it's natural. even Justin Beiber did, lets just embrace and have sex with bald/balding men!". It'll be more like "Oh did you guys hear about Justin? yeah he used to be cute. Dude is balding now. oh well" He'll simply fall off the radar and go into obscurity just like all the has-been "heart-throbs" of generations past. Then another new singer with a Norwood-1 hairline will emerge and dominate pop culture.

Rinse and repeat.

True.

sheraz1392

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hair is all that matters.

After going through that wig bull****, I value my hair about 10x now. I will do everything, and anything to maintain what I have.

Don't realise how good we have it, until you go that route.

We are free, embrace and do whatever it takes to keep your hair.

A NW2-3 is better then wearing a hair piece

I spent close to 500 US dollars for a high class wig in 2009. When I went to their studio on the delivery day(they ordered it from some other country after taking measurements of my scalp) they attached the wig and gave me a haircut. At their studio, immediately after the haircut I knew this isn't the answer I was looking for, it did look good though but I didn't the feeling of having fake hair that doesn't belong to me. At that time i was in a bit shock and sad as I had spent so much money on this crap, yes it's crap.
When I came home, i showed it to my mom, she gave it a positive compliment but I wasnt happy, I threw the wig in the safe after about an hour of wearing it and haven't touched it ever since. The wig is still in that safe for the past 7 years with the conditioner they gave me to wash it.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for that testimony.

A hair piece is definitely not a realistic solution.

It should never be mentioned.

A life bald and less aesthetic is just better than a life with a hair piece.

Well said. I just don't understand how you can pull off a wig and not be completely paranoid the entire time. This girl I have been talking to says her step dad has one, and that it looks good, but he is always self conscience about it. She then goes on to say that he looks good bald. I think a wig is a viable option for an older man, that somehow establishes confidence with it, works a desk job all day and doesn't partake in dirty, sweaty out door activities. I love to camp, hike, bike, play sports and my Job requires a lot of physical labor fixing up houses. I could never pull it off and be happy and I would never compromise my life style for hair... then you're already dead.

sheraz1392

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well said. I just don't understand how you can pull off a wig and not be completely paranoid the entire time. This girl I have been talking to says her step dad has one, and that it looks good, but he is always self conscience about it. She then goes on to say that he looks good bald. I think a wig is a viable option for an older man, that somehow establishes confidence with it, works a desk job all day and doesn't partake in dirty, sweaty out door activities. I love to camp, hike, bike, play sports and my Job requires a lot of physical labor fixing up houses. I could never pull it off and be happy and I would never compromise my life style for hair... then you're already dead.
Lifestyle being affected by wig is another thing. I completely hated the feeling of having something fake(that I am pretending it to be a part of my body, which is not the case) on my head. I had a similar experience though a bit milder when i tired to become a hat prisoner.I think if you do not have this problem with the fake make up(hair wise), you might do okay with the wig but surely by compromising and changing certain aspects of your lifestyle

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Haha from time to time, we go round and round with this one like it's some newly unraveled mystery.
Let me just say with male pattern baldness everything afterward in terms of actively coping is a compromise is a compromise is a compromise is a compromise is a compromise,.etc.

BK1993

Reaction score
Why would you make such a mean comment like this?

I hope he goes nw7 in year and the world shows him what hes worth without hair.

Nobody should be wishing balding on anyone. To me it seems one of the most disastrous things that could happen to your emotional health.

Before I started thinning... I never even thought about balding. it didnt even OCCUR to me how much of a toll it can take on someone's self confidence, feelings of self worth, and their relationships.

And think about Justin Bieber..... He has a long way to fall and a lot to lose if he loses that hair.

I wish hair loss on no one. Not even my worst enemies and I mean that.

I just don't understand why all the balding men of the world don't come together (amongst all of us there must be some pretty bright people) and try to come up with a cure. Imagine if we all donated 10% of our income to research for curing baldness and privately hired some of the best scientists and researchers to solve the problem. I'd imagine within 10 years we'd have made milestones.

Being bald is just unfair. Its a cruel joke of nature. Especially when your hair was your livelihood. I feel like Im dying slowly as each day passes and as each additional strand falls out. Ive learned to live (and come into adulthood) being an pretty decently attractive guy and I've gotten used to my looks. Never did I take advantage of it, never was i rude or condescending to others.....

And now by some cruel fate of nature I have to acclimatize to a future life of much less physical attractiveness. Which, in my opinion is the worst way to have it happen. Imagine you learn to live as an attractive person, you become acclimatized, you've never known any different..... You had that taste of becoming who you thought you were going to be and then its all ripped away.

Its like the allegory of the cave type thing.

Anyways, now I'm even worrying about how successful I'll be.... I always had dreams of owning my own business, being a charismatic leader... I even wanted to go into politics one day maybe... Now I can't think about anything other than my hair. It consumes me and all of my thoughts.

I feel bad for people who have to talk to me because half of my focus is on the worry of my hair and how I feel like im slowly losing my identity.

When someone compliments me now or says they think I'm attractive I almost wish they wouldn't.... because its a horrible reminder of what I'm going to lose in likely less than a year. For me it will happen fast. When I receive a compliment I often times feel worse after.

I feel like i just want to change my name, move away, shave my head and never talk to my old friends anymore.... Because they've come to know me as Branden with hair. And when I lose it and lose all my looks along with it i just wont "fit" anymore into a lot of my friend groups. Sure, its not like anyones going to kick me out, or even consciously exclude me because of something as simple as hair loss. But in time it will happen slowly, without my friends even realising what theyre doing. We'll just slowly drift apart and none of them will associate that with hairloss..... I just wont fit into that mold.... and believe it or not it makes a difference. Not completely but it does

Also, I have more of a baby face.... I have a pretty boy look (almost no facial hair or body hair, young looking) so as I lose my hair it will look extremely strange. People will see me and see two contradicting looks.

I just DONT understand how theres not a cure. I DONT understand how if its as simple as an Androgen DHT continuously binding to hair follices and eventually shrinking them WHY can we not just invent a pill, or a topical cream that BLOCKS that receptor from attaching to DHT molecules. Like it doesn't seem as though it should be this complicated

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nobody should be wishing balding on anyone. To me it seems one of the most disastrous things that could happen to your emotional health.

Before I started thinning... I never even thought about balding. it didnt even OCCUR to me how much of a toll it can take on someone's self confidence, feelings of self worth, and their relationships.

And think about Justin Bieber..... He has a long way to fall and a lot to lose if he loses that hair.

I wish hair loss on no one. Not even my worst enemies and I mean that.

I just don't understand why all the balding men of the world don't come together (amongst all of us there must be some pretty bright people) and try to come up with a cure. Imagine if we all donated 10% of our income to research for curing baldness and privately hired some of the best scientists and researchers to solve the problem. I'd imagine within 10 years we'd have made milestones.

Being bald is just unfair. Its a cruel joke of nature. Especially when your hair was your livelihood. I feel like Im dying slowly as each day passes and as each additional strand falls out. Ive learned to live (and come into adulthood) being an pretty decently attractive guy and I've gotten used to my looks. Never did I take advantage of it, never was i rude or condescending to others.....

And now by some cruel fate of nature I have to acclimatize to a future life of much less physical attractiveness. Which, in my opinion is the worst way to have it happen. Imagine you learn to live as an attractive person, you become acclimatized, you've never known any different..... You had that taste of becoming who you thought you were going to be and then its all ripped away.

Its like the allegory of the cave type thing.

Anyways, now I'm even worrying about how successful I'll be.... I always had dreams of owning my own business, being a charismatic leader... I even wanted to go into politics one day maybe... Now I can't think about anything other than my hair. It consumes me and all of my thoughts.

I feel bad for people who have to talk to me because half of my focus is on the worry of my hair and how I feel like im slowly losing my identity.

When someone compliments me now or says they think I'm attractive I almost wish they wouldn't.... because its a horrible reminder of what I'm going to lose in likely less than a year. For me it will happen fast. When I receive a compliment I often times feel worse after.

I feel like i just want to change my name, move away, shave my head and never talk to my old friends anymore.... Because they've come to know me as Branden with hair. And when I lose it and lose all my looks along with it i just wont "fit" anymore into a lot of my friend groups. Sure, its not like anyones going to kick me out, or even consciously exclude me because of something as simple as hair loss. But in time it will happen slowly, without my friends even realising what theyre doing. We'll just slowly drift apart and none of them will associate that with hairloss..... I just wont fit into that mold.... and believe it or not it makes a difference. Not completely but it does

Also, I have more of a baby face.... I have a pretty boy look (almost no facial hair or body hair, young looking) so as I lose my hair it will look extremely strange. People will see me and see two contradicting looks.

I just DONT understand how theres not a cure. I DONT understand how if its as simple as an Androgen DHT continuously binding to hair follices and eventually shrinking them WHY can we not just invent a pill, or a topical cream that BLOCKS that receptor from attaching to DHT molecules. Like it doesn't seem as though it should be this complicated
We feel for you man. We know exactly what you are going through.
Yet imagine if, on top of what you are suffering, someone who doesn't know you shrugged about your issues and asked you if you knew about Propecia. It grows your hair back. Hey you don't have Propecia over here?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
We feel for you man. We know exactly what you are going through.
Yet imagine if, on top of what you are suffering, someone who doesn't know you shrugged about your issues and asked you if you knew about Propecia. It grows your hair back. Hey you don't have Propecia over here?

And of all people to say it, its Justin Bieber.

shookwun

Reaction score
3 people who have worn wigs in this thread, and we all feel the same about them.

Coincidence... I think not.

if it were a viable option I would openly tell you without hesitation, but quite frankly its not.

All smoke & mirrors. it looks presentable, but the feeling, up keep, psychological & mental aspect associated with wearing makes it unbearable in my opinion. Another issue I had was I always felt anxious with it out, the ****ing sun rekt my hair piece within a week. they are all colour treated

Take it for what it's worth, get yourself a transplant and learn to accept that you will never have a juvenile full head. On other hand you will have hair, it's entirely yours, doesn't require upkeep and wont keep you on edge around others.