RIDICULE

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I didn't say you're paranoid seb, those do sound like frustrating experiences. I just said if you can learn to not care it will make life easier. You do have it worse than I do so I don't mean to sound condescending. Really though, just learning to shrug it off is about your only choice.

seb

Reaction score
You dont get it dude no one is saying that you dont get called names cause i mean who hasnt been called a name? and that you are lying no one is saying that but just like UCMan you seem paranoid at times...like the three stories you just said number 1 and 3 fair does but number 2? you said something about a chin right? did you fully got what they said? or just assumed it was about you?

Cause it was about me. They were looking at me for a start. Obviously intimidated by a real loking man(as opposed to these metro-sexual twats), and thus have to mick me for having facial hair. BTW, as usually is the case, she was fat(like most women in the uk).

- - - Updated - - -

I have a similar example myself.

I have a public pool in front of my building, and last week I decided to go swimming, now that my gyno is gone.

At one point I decide to remove my swimming cap, because I realised that other bald guys in the pool weren't wearing one. And there were those two morbidly obese young girls in the pool right beside me, they started laughing and then muttered something like "what a shame!".

I can't blame seb here because I couldn't tell if they were laughing about my bald head or if it had nothing to do with me.

Nah, too much of a coincidence right! Yes, it was about you(unfortunately).

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't say you're paranoid seb, those do sound like frustrating experiences. I just said if you can learn to not care it will make life easier. You do have it worse than I do so I don't mean to sound condescending. Really though, just learning to shrug it off is about your only choice.

Yes, somehow I have to wether these insults, cause they aint gonna abate. After so many though, its natural to think, hey perhaps there is something cosmetically wrong with me. Especially when I am/have been attacked for literally every body part.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score

See, really that's all you had to say. Sorry, thats frustrating that people can be cruel. Not, it's all in your head- seek help. I wish I could shrug it off. I wish I could just not care like flipping some switch, but I have this instinct engrained within me that just won't let me do that. Humans are social creatures forcing us to mingle, which yields a high volume of first albiet passing impressions. The problem is that all of these people are seeing me for the first time and responding to my appearance and I can't help noticing it. I can't just put on mental blinders and stick my head in the sand the pretend everything is OK. When enough complete strangers all have the same response to me then it sends a very clear message that is impossible to ignore that there is something wrong with me.

If anything, just the fact that Seb exists and we understand where we are coming from makes all the bull**** that we have to tolerate here worth it.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I can say whatever I want, it is alright to have separate opinions and outlooks you know. Maybe all you had to say about gyno was "maybe I don't understand how that feels," instead of being a jerk and making fun of it.

Never once said it's all in your head, seek help. If you're gonna quote me at least get it right. I just said there's probably more to it and I stand by that. Your attitude on here just about confirms that fact for me as well. If you treat people in person the way you have people here recently then it's no wonder you're avoided like the plague.

dreamermerlin

Established Member
Reaction score
See, really that's all you had to say. Sorry, thats frustrating that people can be cruel. Not, it's all in your head- seek help. I wish I could shrug it off. I wish I could just not care like flipping some switch, but I have this instinct engrained within me that just won't let me do that. Humans are social creatures forcing us to mingle, which yields a high volume of first albiet passing impressions. The problem is that all of these people are seeing me for the first time and responding to my appearance and I can't help noticing it. I can't just put on mental blinders and stick my head in the sand the pretend everything is OK. When enough complete strangers all have the same response to me then it sends a very clear message that is impossible to ignore that there is something wrong with me.

If anything, just the fact that Seb exists and we understand where we are coming from makes all the bull**** that we have to tolerate here worth it.
You're exagerating.
Make a small experiment: Get a comfortabler and nice cap, and for 1 week or so, go everywhere only with it on. And see if there's any difference in the way that people treat you.
Oh, and another problem: i think you stress to much on how people perceive you! You rely too much on other people's opiniom about you. If they just judge you by the appearence of your head, they are stupid anyway and not worth even talking to them!

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
You're projecting! This is an outrage! Order in the court!

*BANGS GAVEL*