Revivogen

reremedies

Reaction score
Okay, Ripple... we're good now. Interesting points. After reading all the stuff about the scalp therapy, I'm not so sure I want to try it. I've been lucky enough thus far to have a regimen that avoided messy pillowcases and such. Question about Nizoral... can you use it every day? Or is that too much? Also, I noticed you posted about a study regarding, among other things, azaleic acid (spelling)? Is that a supplement and does it work?

As for the Revivogen shampoo, frankly I'm afraid to go off it again. I don't see your logic in how it could be the cause of my hairloss. My only experience is that several times I've lapsed in using it for a week or so, and had very noticeable bad results. If anything, I've considered phasing out the minoxidil, since my understanding is that it doesn't treat the process of hairloss and may (last time I researched it) cause a dependency of one's hair follicles. I'll probably stay on it though, since stopping it, I'm sure would be disasterous. I need to get this under control before I'm a Norwood 3. I was doing great, but lately I can't seem to style my hair so that it covers the balding areas at my temples and a small area in front. For now, the Couvre gets me by for photos, etc., but I have to say I have to spend some time to not look like I'm balding right now. I've heard of seasonal shedding... I hope that's all it is. This week I'll turn 39. Most people think I'm in my early 30's. My career has me on TV more these days, and I just need to reverse this problem at least slightly.

Any help again would be appreciated. Nutritionally, I probably need help... maybe that's where I should start...?

reremedies

Reaction score
A couple other possible factors... I was exercising 3 times a week or so for the last few years, then stopped about 3 months ago after an injury. Just went to the gym yesterday for the first time. Don't know if the lack of exercise may be my problem...?

Also, about 6 months ago, I started dying my hair. Does that cause hair loss? I use 'Just For Men' and leave it in 2 minutes (instead of 5) once a week or so.

JWM

Reaction score
reremedies

Why not give the Revivogen LIQUID a shot? Chances are the shampoo will do little to nothing for your hairloss.

reremedies

Reaction score
It sounds like it could be a bit messy. I know the prevailing theory is that the shampoo does nothing, but like I said, each time I've gone off it, I've had noticeably bad results. I am looking for a good topical though and narrowing it down to Dr. Lee's spironolactone, topical RU (if I can afford it), and crinagen. Any thoughts on these topicals?

JWM

Reaction score
Crinagen is a waste IMO and RU is expensive, tough to get, and too pricey to attempt to mix on your own.

Dr. Lee's 5% spironolactone is a great product. Give it a shot.

reremedies

Reaction score
Cool, that's where I was leaning anyway. From what I've read, it seems like it topically fights DHT in 2 ways. That's better than 1 where I come from.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Few points:
- Azelaic acid is an ingredient in Revivogen scalp therapy and in the Revivogen shampoo. It is known to inhibit 5AR when combined with vitamin B6 and Zinc.

- Excercising, good nutrition, and hair dying will not affect your male pattern baldness status, although they might interfere with treatment in some cases.

- Dr Lee's spironolactone 5% cream is good if you want to try and stop hair loss in small areas of the scalp. If you want to cover your whole scalp....then you should use a liquid.

My suggestion: Try Alpecin ASL or the shampoo or both

JWM

Reaction score
http://www.minoxidil.com

You will need to do an online consultation first for $20 because spironolactone is a prescription meds. The $20 is a one time fee and well worth it IMO cuz Dr. Lee's products are fantastic (best minoxidil, 2% keto shampoo, and spironolactone out there if you ask me)

Geox

Reaction score
Guys i have one question.
I started with minoxidil 5% but i had headaches.
So i switched to tricomin and for DHT inhibitor i choose the Revivogen.
In first four weeks i had shedding but now (3 1/2 months) the shedding has stopped.
Do you think it is better to switch to Proscar 1mg or keep continue to Revivogen?
Thanks in advance.

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
finasteride is a much more affective at breaking down DHT, second only to dutasteride which is capable of turning you into a fat, lazy, emmotional wreck with hair, or woman for short.

bubka

Reaction score
ginger-uk said:
finasteride is a much more affective at breaking down DHT, second only to dutasteride which is capable of turning you into a fat, lazy, emmotional wreck with hair, or woman for short.
finasteride "breaks down" dht??? thats a new one

bubka

Reaction score
HAIRLOSSMAN said:
You could try out other alternative natural hair loss treatments.
yeah because i think like all of NOBODY has had success with those

quit spamming the boards :spam: :spam: :spam:

SoThatsLife

Established Member
Reaction score
Toyboy said:
finasteride turns some men into fat emotional wrecks aswell.

After I been reading on this forum for some months I still get annoyed with comments like that.

People that get fat on Propecia usually have high BMI from the beginning, or they stop exercising when they depressed about hair loss, search the forum and you will find many cases of just that. And with the emotions, hairloss is a big thing in ones life, many have to see a shrink about it and many other have depression on their own..Propecia might make you more emotional in the beginning because your hormones gets shaked, but I dont think that a healthy happy man will go from that to a fat emotional wreck because he used finasteride.

Its easy to blame all lives problem on Propecia, its in the human nature to blame others. But its is really stupid that people scare other with the side effects on finasteride, because the only people you hurt is the ones that dont dare to start with the drug and end up miserable from losing their hair. And most of the people that talk bad about finasteride isnt even on finasteride.

Toyboy

Established Member
Reaction score
SoThatsLife said:
Toyboy said:

After I been reading on this forum for some months I still get annoyed with comments like that.

People that get fat on Propecia usually have high BMI from the beginning, or they stop exercising when they depressed about hair loss, search the forum and you will find many cases of just that. And with the emotions, hairloss is a big thing in ones life, many have to see a shrink about it and many other have depression on their own..Propecia might make you more emotional in the beginning because your hormones gets shaked, but I dont think that a healthy happy man will go from that to a fat emotional wreck because he used finasteride.

Its easy to blame all lives problem on Propecia, its in the human nature to blame others. But its is really stupid that people scare other with the side effects on finasteride, because the only people you hurt is the ones that dont dare to start with the drug and end up miserable from losing their hair. And most of the people that talk bad about finasteride isnt even on finasteride.
:gay:

Established Member
Reaction score
SoThatsLife said:
Toyboy said:

You're obviously one who hasn't suffered from side effects to the extent of some others....
Personally I work out 3-5 times a week and have done the last 10 years.
My body fat was 10-11% prior to using finasteride... after 4 months use it was around 15-16%.
Became a real pussy on the footy field, felt down and friends commented about my "spaceyness".
Not on finasteride now and low and behold I'm back.... co-incidence..mmmm NO.
If that isn't enough for you... during Oestrogen 225 (normal range under 150)

excess estrogen = fluid/fat retention and man tits ......... might be where the moods come from as well??

Toyboy

Established Member
Reaction score
1750 i was in the exact boat as you,Good on you for speaking your mind.It seems here when you talk about your side effects from propecia you get attacked by the senior posters. :thumbdown2:

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
bubka said:
ginger-uk said:
finasteride "breaks down" dht??? thats a new one

Sorry!

finasteride works by blocking the enzyme, Type II 5 alpha-reductase.