Established Member
Reaction score
bubka said:
look up "snake oil"in the dictionary

there is a picture of Revivogen

I checked, It wasn't in my dictionary. I must have an old one. :(

snake oil
–noun
1. any of various liquid concoctions of questionable medical value sold as an all-purpose curative, esp. by traveling hucksters.
2. Slang. deceptive talk or actions; hooey; bunkum: The governor promised to lower taxes, but it was the same old snake oil.

snake oil

1. A worthless preparation fraudulently peddled as a cure for many ills.
2. Speech or writing intended to deceive; humbug.

No picture of Revivogen? :dunno:

abcdefg

Reaction score
I hope we all realize that sites with customer ratings often have numerous ratings and comments planted by bots or people working for the company to help balance out bad ratings so there product looks good and just to give a good/bad mixture to convince people maybe they should try it especially something as varied as hair loss products. Forums are much the same way. Almost any page unless they make you copy letters from a box to verify your human could be manipulated by bots working for a company. I promise they have workers plant or post good info too. Theres only a handful of sites maybe the top 10 results of google most people look at anyways. Very easy to manipulate

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes, you're right....if you look on the first page of the reviews @ the link I gave(after clicking "read all 41 reviews")....you can see that Revivogen received 5 stars in 4 reviews on the same day...Lol. Every other review seems to be spaced out by a month or so. You can also tell by the way these 4 reviews are worded that it seems like testimonials you would see on their site. I was already aware of these tactics, but just didn't think about checking 'till you mentioned it.

JWM

Reaction score
LOL I noticed the same thing Ripple-Effect. In the span of a few weeks it seems like people across the world felt compelled to voice their positive opinions about Revivogen! :)

And I agree again, they are worded a bit...funny.

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JWM said:
LOL I noticed the same thing Ripple-Effect. In the span of a few weeks it seems like people across the world felt compelled to voice their positive opinions about Revivogen! :)

And I agree again, they are worded a bit...funny.

When I rule the world, there's going to be a round up of shills.

Really quite unpleasant things are going to happen to them

:badmood:

kilgore

Reaction score
Davidoff said:
ripple-effect said:
No, it didn't work for me. Well, I can't be too sure since I tried it for ONLY a month and I got a bad shed. The shed was okay....BUT the product was thinning the left side of my head! Can't believe this....I was sooo sure it was going to work. I stayed on it despite noticing the thinning on my left side especially my left temple. I dropped it when I got my hair cut. Even after I dropped it and washed it out, I was still shedding. I applied Alpecin ASL and it stopped the shedding.

I really don't think it stinks...I was surprised when I got it b/c when I opened it it didn't let out a strong odor so I held the bottle closer to my nose and it did have a scent but it smelled good to me. If you still have your Revivogen bottle then could you check to see if it has perfume in the ingredients?

I really wish it had worked for me because I liked the way my hair looked after applying. Going to try Dr Lee's spironolactone now. spironolactone cream on hairline + liquid everywhere else and no longer will I recommend Revivogen. It let me down terribly despite it's many backed up studies.
Whats with you people? You try a product for a month and you get a shed and say it doesnt work.You should give it atleast 3 months.Why do some of you people still post here if you never learn a thing?

Tell us more Davidoff, aka RaMbO, KiLLuMiNaTi, Rambotera.
What have you learned after all this time you've been posting here?

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
kilgore said:
Davidoff said:
ripple-effect said:
No, it didn't work for me. Well, I can't be too sure since I tried it for ONLY a month and I got a bad shed. The shed was okay....BUT the product was thinning the left side of my head! Can't believe this....I was sooo sure it was going to work. I stayed on it despite noticing the thinning on my left side especially my left temple. I dropped it when I got my hair cut. Even after I dropped it and washed it out, I was still shedding. I applied Alpecin ASL and it stopped the shedding.

I really don't think it stinks...I was surprised when I got it b/c when I opened it it didn't let out a strong odor so I held the bottle closer to my nose and it did have a scent but it smelled good to me. If you still have your Revivogen bottle then could you check to see if it has perfume in the ingredients?

I really wish it had worked for me because I liked the way my hair looked after applying. Going to try Dr Lee's spironolactone now. spironolactone cream on hairline + liquid everywhere else and no longer will I recommend Revivogen. It let me down terribly despite it's many backed up studies.
Whats with you people? You try a product for a month and you get a shed and say it doesnt work.You should give it atleast 3 months.Why do some of you people still post here if you never learn a thing?

Tell us more Davidoff, aka RaMbO, KiLLuMiNaTi, Rambotera.
What have you learned after all this time you've been posting here?

Well well well.

The fact that the company who makes Revivogen has to use these methods to sell their product really does tell me everything I need to know about it.

Thanks gents, good bit of detective work too :bravo:

reremedies

Reaction score
Wow, maybe I'm crazy... but I've been happy with Revivogen shampoo. I like the way it makes my scalp feel. I am also using minoxidil, Nizoral 3-4 times per week, and Propecia. I've had a few times where I skiped my twice daily Revivogen shampooing, and each time, I had a nasty shed within a week or so with a lot of itching and increased oily scalp. The first time it happened on a trip, where I had forgotten my Revivogen shampoo, so I went to the store and got some Nioxin shampoo. After about a week, I had a nasty, nasty shed. Recently I forgot it again on a trip and just used the shampoo at the hotel. Same thing happened. Itchy, oily scalp and a shed about a week later.

So, maybe I'm crazy, but my scalp seems to like the Revivogen a lot.

On a side note, my regimen was working really well for the last 3 years or so, (this is my first time on this forum since). But lately, I seem to be losing ground again. I'm on Propecia, Minoxidil 5% (once a day, I'm afraid to make my hair too dependent on it), Revivogen shampoo and conditioner (2 times a day), and Nizoral 1% (3-4 times per week). I'm a 39 year old male. What else can I do?

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
reremedies said:
Wow, maybe I'm crazy... but I've been happy with Revivogen shampoo. I like the way it makes my scalp feel. I am also using minoxidil, Nizoral 3-4 times per week, and Propecia. I've had a few times where I skiped my twice daily Revivogen shampooing, and each time, I had a nasty shed within a week or so with a lot of itching and increased oily scalp. The first time it happened on a trip, where I had forgotten my Revivogen shampoo, so I went to the store and got some Nioxin shampoo. After about a week, I had a nasty, nasty shed. Recently I forgot it again on a trip and just used the shampoo at the hotel. Same thing happened. Itchy, oily scalp and a shed about a week later.

So, maybe I'm crazy, but my scalp seems to like the Revivogen a lot.

On a side note, my regimen was working really well for the last 3 years or so, (this is my first time on this forum since). But lately, I seem to be losing ground again. I'm on Propecia, Minoxidil 5% (once a day, I'm afraid to make my hair too dependent on it), Revivogen shampoo and conditioner (2 times a day), and Nizoral 1% (3-4 times per week). I'm a 39 year old male. What else can I do?

This, honestly, to me, seems like some guy trying to even out the bad reviews with a good one on this thread lol.

P.S. - You are crazy...if I experienced your "experience" with Revivogen shampoo....I wouldn't doubt my sanity...multiple times at that.

reremedies

Reaction score
Uh, thanks for the advice. :roll: I guess I understand why you'd think that, since I only have one post... but honestly I spent some time on this forum a few years back and got a lot of good info here... good enough, in fact, that I haven't had to log on for a few years... meanwhile, I lost my login info and signed up for a new account.

Frankly, the regimen I was on since 2005 was kicking *** for awhile. I not only stopped the problem, I grew back a noticeable amount of hair. But I'm back on this forum today because over the last few months, I've noticed that I'm losing my hair again, despite being dilligent with my regimen.

So, aside from the dude who thinks I'm a shill because I like Revivogen, does anyone have any advice based on the regimen I stated above?

It would be much appreciated.

reremedies

Reaction score
One more thing... in fairness, when I started on Revivogen I was simultaneously starting with Propecia, so I didn't get a good sense what was helping me. That being said, though, every time I go off the Revivogen I notice a shed, and a bunch of itching. I'm not going to apologize for something I've noticed.

I wasn't expecting to get flamed here... honestly I just logged on for some advice, because I'm losing my f---ing hair, and I'm kinda stressed about it, okay?! So what am I missing... vitamins? Laser combs? spironolactone (I don't know much about this)?

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
I've got a laser comb, but I don't think its powerful enough to do anything. Advanced Hair studio did help grow my hair, but their laser is very powerful. That said everyone on here said laser is bollocks. I hope you can sort it, or like me at least deal with it mate.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
stampede said:
reremedies said:
What else can I do?

You can stop being a shill :)
Yes, I already noticed that, but I was convinced that he said it to keep his post from looking fishy. Otherwise it would've been more appropriate to just make a whole new topic in itself if you wanted help. Besides, even if the shampoo works sooo well for you, wouldn't it be logical for you to implement the scalp therapy and see what that does for you?

I also don't know why you credit Revivogen as "getting rid of the itch" when it isn't an anti-inflammatory shampoo. Nizoral is an anti-inflammatory shampoo, but yet you don't even acknowledge it besides the fact it's in your regimen. So how credible can you be when you claim Revivogen shampoo "stops the shed."

reremedies

Reaction score
Haha... what a joke. You guys call this a discussion, yet only if people agree with you. Whatever. Think what you want. I've never tried any of Revivogen's other products like the scalp therapy so I can't vouch for it.

Ripple Effect... quotations are for when you are quoting verbatum. So, if you're going to paraphrase and misrepresent what someone says, as you have done, try leaving out the quotes, bud.

I came on this forum back around 2005 because I was dating a girl who was 14 years younger than me and I wanted to stop losing my damn hair. I started my whole regimen nearly at once. It worked well, though I confess I don't know what was helping out of my regimen. I like Nizoral... it also makes my scalp feel good. The few times I've dropped the Revivogen, my scalp itched like hell and I lost hair. That's my experience, yours may differ. I didn't conduct a double blind placebo study on it... it's just my experience. Maybe the sheds happened because Venus happened to be aligned with Saturn... who knows? I'm telling you what my impression was based on my own experience. I could be wrong, okay?!

I'm open to listening to what you have to say about the product (and others), even if you aren't as open. I'm not here to tell people what to take... rather as I said, I'm here for some advice.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've never tried any of Revivogen's other products like the scalp therapy so I can't vouch for it.
Yes, but the ingredients in the shampoo are very similar to the scalp therapy formula. The major difference is that the scalp therapy needs to stay on for about 3+ hours and should be alot more effective than just the shampoo.

Ripple Effect... quotations are for when you are quoting verbatum. So, if you're going to paraphrase and misrepresent what someone says, as you have done, try leaving out the quotes, bud.
Good point, but being the lazy person I am, I decided to quote in terms of the saying in general. I didn't want to have to take the time to go back and search what you put down exactly. My apologizes if I offended you in any way.

I like Nizoral... it also makes my scalp feel good.
Lol....O....K......nice acknowledgement this time around. Lol

The few times I've dropped the Revivogen, my scalp itched like hell and I lost hair.
Perhaps Revivogen is the one behind your hair shed? Once you stop and give ingredients a chance to sink in....it's probably doing all the damage. It doesn't really make sense how unhealthy your scalp seems after after not using your Revivogen(and only Revivogen apparently)...maybe you should see your doctor to check the condition of your scalp. Apparently Nizoral doesn't do anything for your scalp except make it feel good.