Revivogen

GhostInTheShell

Established Member
Reaction score
How common are the headstain problems of Revivogen? i am considering using it, since i don't think Propecia is working by itself. I am adding Rogaine foam in...and one other. Revivogen or a cooper peptide (american crew or tricomin) likely.

Voyager

Reaction score
GhostInTheShell said:
How common are the headstain problems of Revivogen? i am considering using it, since i don't think Propecia is working by itself. I am adding Rogaine foam in...and one other. Revivogen or a cooper peptide (american crew or tricomin) likely.

One thing is certain: you don't want to appear in public while the solution is on your head. The solution might turn your head reddish-brown, but the biggest concerns are the smell and the greasy looking hair.

The best time to apply it is before going to bed and then wash your hair in the morning before your day.

j3nate

Established Member
Reaction score
I would say that yes, it certainly does make your hair look greasier

I have never had a problem with the smell, and i don't think the staining problem is a problem if you have a mostly full head of hair

If you are really receding, and have a lot of bare scalp, then maybe I could see that

JWM

Reaction score
Whether it works or not there are a few certains about Revivogen.

Yes, it does make your hair very greasy.
Yes, it probably will get on your pillowcase if you apply it at night
Yes, it smells pretty darn bad
Yes, it is difficult to wash out.
Yes, it can temporarily stain your scalp

If you can deal with using a topical like this every night of your life, then go for it.

GhostInTheShell

Established Member
Reaction score
A temporarily stained head? Yikes.

If i plan to use Rogaine foam, how should I schedule all of these applications? Can the two mix?

I have been on Propecia for a year and a half, am adding rogaine and one other to the mix. Right now, Tricomin and this are the front runners. I have heard more about Revivogen, but i haven't heard anything about stains and greasiness with Tricomin. Crinagen and spironolactone are also possibilities. Any recommendations?

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JWM said:
Whether it works or not there are a few certains about Revivogen.

Yes, it does make your hair very greasy.
Yes, it probably will get on your pillowcase if you apply it at night
Yes, it smells pretty darn bad
Yes, it is difficult to wash out.
Yes, it can temporarily stain your scalp

If you can deal with using a topical like this every night of your life, then go for it.
With my experience from using Revivogen....alot of these aren't true:

Yes, it does make your hair very greasy. True....not too greasy but this was a good thing for my hair. Maybe not for everyone. The grease helps you make sure you've covered all areas...topicals like Eucapil where it dries out your hair and dries really quick its hard to tell if you've covered everything.
Yes, it probably will get on your pillowcase if you apply it at night False....Revivogen in my use dried within 5-10minutes.
Yes, it smells pretty darn bad False.....they added perfume to the new version so it doesn't smell bad unless you snort the liquid up your nose.
Yes, it is difficult to wash out. False....it wasn't difficult for me to wash out.
Yes, it can temporarily stain your scalp This for me was False but I can't say for you all.....since I have a darker complexion it blended in well....but I could tell from some drops escaping the bottle onto my sink....I could see how it could temporarily stain the scalp if you have a light complexion.

JWM

Reaction score
Sorry Ripple, but the stuff (even the new stuff) stinks, and even if I apply it HOURS before bed there is still some on my pillow when I wake up.

I also need TWO shampooings (is that a word?) to get the stuff out of my hair in the morning.

Glad it works for you though. How long have you been using it?

hairsucks

Established Member
Reaction score
It's no problem for me, never on my pillow. washes out with one wash. might be bad if I had hair but I shave my head.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No, it didn't work for me. Well, I can't be too sure since I tried it for ONLY a month and I got a bad shed. The shed was okay....BUT the product was thinning the left side of my head! Can't believe this....I was sooo sure it was going to work. I stayed on it despite noticing the thinning on my left side especially my left temple. I dropped it when I got my hair cut. Even after I dropped it and washed it out, I was still shedding. I applied Alpecin ASL and it stopped the shedding.

I really don't think it stinks...I was surprised when I got it b/c when I opened it it didn't let out a strong odor so I held the bottle closer to my nose and it did have a scent but it smelled good to me. If you still have your Revivogen bottle then could you check to see if it has perfume in the ingredients?

I really wish it had worked for me because I liked the way my hair looked after applying. Going to try Dr Lee's spironolactone now. spironolactone cream on hairline + liquid everywhere else and no longer will I recommend Revivogen. It let me down terribly despite it's many backed up studies.

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
I only used the shampoo, but it killed my hair within 3 weeks. It made my head itch and burn like crazy and I was noticebly thinner to people in that time. It was actually the single product that contributed to me buzzing my head to a #0.

I was to scared to go on. How often do people use the shampoo, is it likely I would have seen a gain?

e reed

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using the shampoo for about a month now pretty much every day. I haven't had a bad reaction like I had to Nizoral.

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
e reed said:
I've been using the shampoo for about a month now pretty much every day. I haven't had a bad reaction like I had to Nizoral.

And what reaction was that?

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Whats with you people? You try a product for a month and you get a shed and say it doesnt work.You should give it atleast 3 months.Why do some of you people still post here if you never learn a thing?

How about you read my post again and know that thinning and shedding are NOT the same, and if you were smart enough you would be able to tell by the way I worded my little Revivogen story that I indirectly indicated that I am already aware of the number of months you should commit plus the initial shed.

hairsucks

Established Member
Reaction score
I've only tried it for about 1 month too. My hair is thinner (oddly my left side as well) but i'll give it a few months at least. Unless it's no good for my scalp. I'm also using minoxidil foam and spironolactone cream so I won;t know where the results have come from really.

I've just started the topicals back up last week, I had to have a break because of a very dry scalp problem, now sorted thanks to some cream from the Doctor.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You're not a very smart one. I can tell by all the posts you have made so far. So I'll just point out how stupid you are. Referring back to my Revivogen story I said "The shed was okay....BUT the product was thinning the left side of my head!" I had no problem with the shed. I am well aware that shedding is caused sometimes and is necessary for thicker hair to grow.

I also said "Well, I can't be too sure since I tried it for ONLY a month." Here we can see that I show uncertainty as to whether or not it could've been successful in my case, BUT using my utmost reasonable judgment on what I was witnessing, I decided to drop. Notice how I emphasize "ONLY" as to show that I am well aware of the minimum amount of months I should have reached before dropping.

Revivogen isn't a 100% guaranteed product. For all I or you know, I could've accelerated my hair loss after 3 months. It's not guaranteed, so stop acting like it is.

Keep giving up treatments after a month LOOOL . Youll be bald before all of us.
Oh, my bad...I didn't know this was a race. I'll be sure to give you your trophy when you do win. I also don't understand what's so funny? In your first post you were very serious about what you thought my post meant but now it's hilarious? You do not make any sense at all.
Its called a shed and its part of regrowth.
Wow. Now this was just a waste of a post. Here, you clearly posted just for the sake of having something more to say.

Then again, my post could be reflecting the same thing because looking at the previous posts...your brain apparently skips around alot and misses little important things that contribute to the meaning of the post. So, you'd probably do the same with this post resulting in this post being a waste, but just for the sake of everyone else knowing....I'll post.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Lol, if I had low self-esteem then I would've flamed you....I would not of tried to point out your mistakes in an organized manner.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That's okay, I was expecting it. As you read the last sentence of my response....you will see..Lol. The post was not intended for you, it was intended for everyone (including myself) but you.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
bubka said:
look up "snake oil"in the dictionary

there is a picture of Revivogen

Even though it didn't work for me, I really don't think it's 100% snake oil. I think alot of research went into finding their ingredients, but I don't think they did enough research (or any) in how each of the ingredients work in conjunction with one against hair loss. They just threw it all together in one, in my opinion. I do not know this for a fact. I have seen people who have had good results though. Check out http://www.folica.com: http://www.folica.com/Revivogen_Anti__d139.html - it's mixed reviews, but at least some people have had positive results.