Revita vs Tricomin vs Nizoral??

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
rcom440 said:
Swanson said:
I use revita about 4-5 times a week and nizoral the other days.

It does not seem to dry my hair out.

When I first started with revita i remember shedding small thin hairs in the shower, now when i shed hairs, they are thicker and darker in color.

After this bottle of revita i will buy another bottle... its only 30$ and last me like 4 months... the price is not bad.

Do u know how many % of ketamine Revita has? Does it come with any booklet? If so what does it say. I notice that Revita also has Bioton.
Does it add volume to your hair. I hate when my hair are flat.

Revita is 1% ketoconazole, like Nizorelle.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
rcom440 said:
Swanson said:
I use revita about 4-5 times a week and nizoral the other days.

It does not seem to dry my hair out.

When I first started with revita i remember shedding small thin hairs in the shower, now when i shed hairs, they are thicker and darker in color.

After this bottle of revita i will buy another bottle... its only 30$ and last me like 4 months... the price is not bad.

Do u know how many % of ketamine Revita has? Does it come with any booklet? If so what does it say. I notice that Revita also has Bioton.
Does it add volume to your hair. I hate when my hair are flat.

Cant speak for swanson, but I notice that my hair is thicker, and it comes with a booklet.

rcom440

Reaction score
This is what I have found about Nizoral on http://howtoall.com

"Anti-androgen
Of course, when the follicles shrink the life cycle of the hair becomes shorter with
every cycle, this leads to hair miniaturization. By reducing the binding of di-
hydrotestosterone or DHT, Nizoral helps to reverse or slow down the process of
hair loss.

* It was found in a study by Pierard Franchimont C and his team, appearing in the
journal, Dermatology, dated 1994, that ketoconazole had similar effects on hair
growth to minoxidil 2%. So, Nizoral's effect on hair loss is possibly significantly
underestimated."

"di-hydrotestosterone or DHT, Nizoral helps to reverse or slow down the process of hair loss." - I was always wondering how accurate is that sentence.
Do you guys believe that Nizoral (or any other shampoo with ketoconazole) is a mild Anti-androgen ?

NateF

Reaction score
I feel I should chime in. I've been using Revita almost daily for about 7 weeks now. (Too much? Maybe.) Anyway, I'm not having good results like some members here have. In fact a GREAT DEAL of my hair has fallen out while on it. That's about it. Around the 2nd or 3rd week my head kept stinging (especially when I very, very lightly) touched it. I've lost density in my hair. I feel my hairline has crept up and receded drastically. Especially my temples. I can't believe how high up it's gotten. I noticed slight hair thickening the first week, After that it went straight to heck. My hair growing from the front forelock is very thin and wispy now. I don't think I'll be getting another bottle of Revita. I'm going to try Tricomin now.

And this probably doesn't matter but I feel a little thickening of my hair from starting Spectral-DNC L. I've only been on it 2 weeks. It could be my imagination, though.

In Short, Revita shampoo damaged my hair.

rcom440

Reaction score
NateF said:
I feel I should chime in. I've been using Revita almost daily for about 7 weeks now. (Too much? Maybe.) Anyway, I'm not having good results like some members here have. In fact a GREAT DEAL of my hair has fallen out while on it. That's about it. Around the 2nd or 3rd week my head kept stinging (especially when I very, very lightly) touched it. I've lost density in my hair. I feel my hairline has crept up and receded drastically. Especially my temples. I can't believe how high up it's gotten. I noticed slight hair thickening the first week, After that it went straight to heck. My hair growing from the front forelock is very thin and wispy now. I don't think I'll be getting another bottle of Revita. I'm going to try Tricomin now.

And this probably doesn't matter but I feel a little thickening of my hair from starting Spectral-DNC L. I've only been on it 2 weeks. It could be my imagination, though.

In Short, Revita shampoo damaged my hair.

Have you used Nizoral ? Is so, have you experienced similar results. Maybe it's Ketoconazole that is causing you shedding.

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Could allsow be a allergic reaction..then you should discontinue usage.

NateF

Reaction score
I have been using Nizoral. Not much the past 2 months because I've been giving Revita a good go. But I never had such symptoms from nizoral. I find nizoral a good shampoo. Not great but good. It does make my scalp feel good. what it's doing for hair growth I can't say. But yes, Revita has caused quite a shed. I'm apprehensive about continuing. I know the booklet said it should be used for 3 months but I'm curious about Tricomin. And it's cheaper. Even though I got my Revita on Ebay for 19 dollars.

rcom440

Reaction score
NateF said:
I have been using Nizoral. Not much the past 2 months because I've been giving Revita a good go. But I never had such symptoms from nizoral. I find nizoral a good shampoo. Not great but good. It does make my scalp feel good. what it's doing for hair growth I can't say. But yes, Revita has caused quite a shed. I'm apprehensive about continuing. I know the booklet said it should be used for 3 months but I'm curious about Tricomin. And it's cheaper. Even though I got my Revita on Ebay for 19 dollars.

If I were you I would go for Nizoral because it has ketoconazole. I have never used Tricomin Shampoo but I'm not impressed by the ingredient list. Tricomin Shampoo doesn't have ketoconazole. Moreover, I didn't see many Tricomin Shampoo success stories.

BoilerRoom

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
For hair loss? I can't decide between NANO and Nizoral. Screw Tricomin. In the shampoo world, I think alternating between NANO, Nizoral, and a third cheap, non-medicated shampoo would probably be the way to go.

Subtract the non-medicated shampoo for a Piroctone Olamine-based one.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
rcom440 said:
NateF said:

If I were you I would go for Nizoral because it has ketoconazole. I have never used Tricomin Shampoo but I'm not impressed by the ingredient list. Tricomin Shampoo doesn't have ketoconazole. Moreover, I didn't see many Tricomin Shampoo success stories.

Is that you in your avater?

JLL

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why people give finasteride 6 months but expect results from these shampoos after two weeks. Maybe shedding is a sign it works?

And what's with the "I used product X for three days, now my hair feels thicker" thing -- there's no cure on this earth that would make a change in a few days. Your hair doesn't grow that fast.

rcom440

Reaction score
Oknow said:
rcom440 said:
NateF said:

Is that you in your avater?

yes

rcom440

Reaction score
JLL said:
I don't understand why people give finasteride 6 months but expect results from these shampoos after two weeks. Maybe shedding is a sign it works?

And what's with the "I used product X for three days, now my hair feels thicker" thing -- there's no cure on this earth that would make a change in a few days. Your hair doesn't grow that fast.

A good shampoo should make hair FEEL thicker after a few days but that doesn't mean that it regrows hair in a few days.. duh

Maicky

Reaction score
I´ve been using Revita for about 1.5 month now. I must say it is the best shampoo I´ve ever used. Don´t make my hair dry and the hair is very easy to comb after showering. No need to use a conditioner. I use it everyday.
However, I can´t say that it has reduced the shedding or that it has regroved any new hairs. About the price: In my opinion it is not that expensive, becouse you don´t need to use much of it. I´m still on the first bottle, I think one bottle can last easily for 3 moths when it is used daily.

but What about Today

Established Member
Reaction score
i think

revita shampoo because of the ingredients nourishing hair and scalp,

followed by

Nano shampoo or conditioner because of the nano growth stimulant

every other day

2% nizoral because it cleans the scalp