Revita vs Tricomin vs Nizoral??

mdm123

Reaction score
Is there a generic Nizoral? How often should I use it? I have played with it off and on but never commited to it like finasteride. From this thread I gather it DOES work. Not familiar with the other options though. I had no idea this forum would be so detailed and informative. thx!

pproctor

Established Member
Reaction score
mdm123 said:
Is there a generic Nizoral?

You can get generic OTC 1% ketoconazole (""Nizoral") shampoo from your pharmacy. "Use as directed" on the label.

Peter H. Proctor, PhD,MD

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair has been looking MUCH denser since using Revita.

Before Revita:

topbeforedry.jpg

Scalp showing at the front.

After 2 months of using Revita, hair is shorter, wet and styled the same:

topwet.jpg

topafterwet.jpg

Then again, my eyes might be playing tricks on me.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Manutd4545 said:
certainly looks thicker, then again it could be the lighting...

Doubt it, if anything the light is a lot harsher in the second photo, so if there was any thinning it would definently visibly show (you can see the light is on). Both taken under natural lighting, with the second having additonal lighting. Same camera was used for both.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Is your hair as wet as in the first photo?

How many times a week you been using it Oknow?

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Petchsky said:

How many times a week you been using it Oknow?

Yeah it is. And to make sure I wet it just before I took the second shot. You should be able to see that it is wet from the second photo at the front - it shines.

I am using it 4-5 times a week now; at the start I was using it 3 times a week (first month) and would alternate by not washing my hair on my off days.

To add I shed very little, I get days where I find 0 hairs on my pillow or after showering shed very little hair <10 in the shower.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Petchsky said:

Just for you Petchsky.

Before Revita:

topbeforedry.jpg

Right I have taken another 2 photos today, straight after the shower after washing with Revita, my hair is VERY wet.

Zoomed in:

Before Revita:

topwet2.jpg

Zoomed out:

topwet1.jpg

The only time you can see my scalp is if I push one side completely forward, with the other side being completely pushed back. But then that is normal and even then it is still denser!

Regards.

Petchsky

Reaction score
I'm honoured Oknow :) Looks better and healthier, might start using mine a bit more often!

Swanson

Established Member
Reaction score
I believe Revita is one of the best shampoo's on the market agaisnt male pattern baldness. It can really decrease shedding, thicken hair, make hair healthier, and in some cases actually regrow some hair.

I have been using revita since may, and it has really thickened my hair and i believe my crown and middle of hair has had some regrowth.

rcom440

Reaction score
Swanson said:
I believe Revita is one of the best shampoo's on the market agaisnt male pattern baldness. It can really decrease shedding, thicken hair, make hair healthier, and in some cases actually regrow some hair.

I have been using revita since may, and it has really thickened my hair and i believe my crown and middle of hair has had some regrowth.

Reading this I think I will get Revita and see how it goes. Do you use Nizoral as well?

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Swanson said:

I must say, After my first wash I felt the results instantly! Although I shedded after it (which for anyone reading it - it says in the booklet that you will do), IT DID however feel as though my roots were strong as f***! Now I shed very little - go for days without finding hair on my pillow. I do still however shed in the shower but as I have written previously it is not of a significant number.

Best shampoo ever.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
rcom440 said:
Swanson said:

Reading this I think I will get Revita and see how it goes. Do you use Nizoral as well?

I dont think you need nizoral, it has everything in it that nizoral has (ketoconazole) and more.

Tub will last you 2 months as well.

rcom440

Reaction score
Oknow said:
rcom440 said:
Swanson said:

I dont think you need nizoral, it has everything in it that nizoral has (ketoconazole) and more.

Tub will last you 2 months as well.

So it does have ketoconazole - 1% or 2%?
Does Revita make your hair dry? Do you use it every day or every other day.
How much did you shed. Do you think that after you stop using Revita you will lose the hair you gained?
Thanks for the info

rcom440

Reaction score
I just read more about Revita and checked ingredient list. It seems that the only ingredient that is really important is ketoconazole which I cen get in Nizoral shampoo for $14. Revita also have caffeine, Bioton and a little bit of Zinc but dont know if they really make any big difference with hair loss.

Revita Ingredients: Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Coco-Glucoside, Caffeine, Ketoconazole, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Seed Extract, Aspalathus Linearis Leaf Extract (Roobios), Apple Polyphenol (Procyanidin B-1), Carnitine HCI, Ornitine HCI, Acetyl Cysteine, Dimethyl Sulfone (MSM), Taurine, Emu Oil, Biotin, Copper Peptides, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Spray Dried), Glycereth-7, Glycerin, Polyquaternium 10, Glycol Stearate, Menthyl Lactate (Menthol Derivative), EUK-134 (SOD Mimic/Spin Trap), PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Menthol, Zinc PCA, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Tetrasodium EDTA, Red 40, Blue 1

It doesn't say how much 1% of Ketoconazole

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
rcom440 said:
Oknow said:
rcom440 said:

So it does have ketoconazole - 1% or 2%?
Does Revita make your hair dry? Do you use it every day or every other day.
How much did you shed. Do you think that after you stop using Revita you will lose the hair you gained?
Thanks for the info

As you can see from the photos on the previous page it works.

My hair does not feel dry using it. I naturally have an oilly scalp , so when I use it if anything my scalp feels very healthy. My hairloss may have been stress induced, so I don't know what will happen to my hair if I stop using revita.

Saying that I probably will not stop using it!...The way I see it if it we all need a shampoo, as it works for me - why stop using it? I may as well pay a little bit more as it will help me maintain it.

First few days after using it, I was shedding during showering like 10-20 hairs. But I shedded/found very little hair on my pillow.

Hope that helps.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
rcom440 said:
I just read more about Revita and checked ingredient list. It seems that the only ingredient that is really important is ketoconazole which I cen get in Nizoral shampoo for $14. Revita also have caffeine, Bioton and a little bit of Zinc but dont know if they really make any big difference with hair loss.

Revita Ingredients: Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Coco-Glucoside, Caffeine, Ketoconazole, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Seed Extract, Aspalathus Linearis Leaf Extract (Roobios), Apple Polyphenol (Procyanidin B-1), Carnitine HCI, Ornitine HCI, Acetyl Cysteine, Dimethyl Sulfone (MSM), Taurine, Emu Oil, Biotin, Copper Peptides, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Spray Dried), Glycereth-7, Glycerin, Polyquaternium 10, Glycol Stearate, Menthyl Lactate (Menthol Derivative), EUK-134 (SOD Mimic/Spin Trap), PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Menthol, Zinc PCA, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Tetrasodium EDTA, Red 40, Blue 1

Well don't know what I can say, except it works. I am yet to find a success story of someone using nizoral alone with it working.

rcom440

Reaction score
Oknow said:
rcom440 said:

Well don't know what I can say, except it works. I am yet to find a success story of someone using nizoral alone with it working.

Nizoral works very well. I've read many good things about Nizoral + I know that it works because I'm using it and I see the results. Especially when I started using it, it was easy to see the difference.
I want to try Revita but I'm not convinced that it will be any better than Nizoral.

Swanson

Established Member
Reaction score
I use revita about 4-5 times a week and nizoral the other days.

It does not seem to dry my hair out.

When I first started with revita i remember shedding small thin hairs in the shower, now when i shed hairs, they are thicker and darker in color.

After this bottle of revita i will buy another bottle... its only 30$ and last me like 4 months... the price is not bad.

rcom440

Reaction score
Swanson said:
I use revita about 4-5 times a week and nizoral the other days.

It does not seem to dry my hair out.

When I first started with revita i remember shedding small thin hairs in the shower, now when i shed hairs, they are thicker and darker in color.

After this bottle of revita i will buy another bottle... its only 30$ and last me like 4 months... the price is not bad.

Do u know how many % of ketamine Revita has? Does it come with any booklet? If so what does it say. I notice that Revita also has Bioton.
Does it add volume to your hair. I hate when my hair are flat.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
rcom440 said:
Oknow said:
rcom440 said:

Nizoral works very well. I've read many good things about Nizoral + I know that it works because I'm using it and I see the results. Especially when I started using it, it was easy to see the difference.
I want to try Revita but I'm not convinced that it will be any better than Nizoral.

You know if nizoral works for you, then you should stick with something tried and tested that works.

Revita works for me, so I cant see myself changing shampoo for that reason.