Revita vs Tricomin vs Nizoral??

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
striker9 said:
We all know the two of the best and only treatments - finasteride & rogaine.

Really? :)

striker9 said:
But we all wash our hair. So what's the best shampoo ever?

---- Nizoral - http://www.nizoral.com/

---- Tricomin - http://www.tricomin.com/

What do you think will be the best choice?

For hair loss? I can't decide between NANO and Nizoral. Screw Tricomin. In the shampoo world, I think alternating between NANO, Nizoral, and a third cheap, non-medicated shampoo would probably be the way to go.

patagonia

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
striker9 said:

striker9 said:

For hair loss? I can't decide between NANO and Nizoral. Screw Tricomin. In the shampoo world, I think alternating between NANO, Nizoral, and a third cheap, non-medicated shampoo would probably be the way to go.

Nano shampoo is really good IMO. Great if you do not use minoxidil as you get a growth stimulant in a shampoo. Dr. Proctor´s copper peptides are among the best from what I understad as well.

As Bryan mentions, Nano and Nizoral should be top choices for anyone ... I would also add a "Piroctone Olamine" shampoo to rotate as a third shampoo.... same effects as Nizoral but I find it can be used more often...

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
patagonia said:
Bryan said:
striker9 said:

striker9 said:

Nano shampoo is really good IMO. Great if you do not use minoxidil as you get a growth stimulant in a shampoo. Dr. Proctor´s copper peptides are among the best from what I understad as well.

As Bryan mentions, Nano and Nizoral should be top choices for anyone ... I would also add a "Piroctone Olamine" shampoo to rotate as a third shampoo.... same effects as Nizoral but I find it can be used more often...

have you got a link to Nano shampoo? I'd like to see it

I use Revita which I find very nice and seems to make my hair grow faster

Jm0311

Reaction score
Dump Revita

-Nizoral
-Jasons Thin to Thick
-Paul Mitchell Tea Tree

SoThatsLife

Established Member
Reaction score
Why not use nizoral together with Nano conditioner(maybe with a drop of lavender in each "dose")? I feel that Nano shampoo is a bit harsh on the head, but it could be that my scalp is sensitive. Another option is a P-O shampoo like Body Shop Ginger for dandruff. P-O is a second generation dandruff drug and actually makes the hair thicker than keto. But I really don't know if P-O helps against inflammation or if it has a small anti-androgen effect. Bryan have you read anything about this?

If the "world of hair loss" hadn't been so optimistic in the toughts of future treatments I think Janssen would probably pull out the cash for a FDA trial. Some of the regrowth pictures from one of the studies are really impressive.

ali777

Reaction score
I wonder if anyone in the forum has tried Nivea Recharge System yet??

I have high hopes of this product. I know it's available in mainland Europe, I might buy it the next time I end up in the continent.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm sticking with Nizoral and my tea tree conditioner.

If I was to use a copper peptide shampoo it would be Folligen.

I might try NANO sometime..

patagonia

Established Member
Reaction score
SoThatsLife said:
Why not use nizoral together with Nano conditioner(maybe with a drop of lavender in each "dose")? I feel that Nano shampoo is a bit harsh on the head, but it could be that my scalp is sensitive. Another option is a P-O shampoo like Body Shop Ginger for dandruff. P-O is a second generation dandruff drug and actually makes the hair thicker than keto. But I really don't know if P-O helps against inflammation or if it has a small anti-androgen effect. Bryan have you read anything about this?

If the "world of hair loss" hadn't been so optimistic in the toughts of future treatments I think Janssen would probably pull out the cash for a FDA trial. Some of the regrowth pictures from one of the studies are really impressive.

do a serach in here for the Keto, PO, Zinc shampoos study....

Piroctone Olamine was pretty impresive.... I believe it outperformed Keto in 1 or 2 of the measurments....(if memory serves)

the study showed PO has antiandrogenic properties like Keto.
It is a very effective antinflamatory and potent antioxidant.

recently switched to Fructis with Piroctone Olamine... very smooth, ..leaves hair nicely conditioned. I use it every day mixed either with Nano or Keto shampoo.

have a PO skin cream for my face.... excellent for inflamation-spots-little break outs...

SoThatsLife

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks patagonia. I remember P-O made my scalp quite dry so should have figured out it had a small antiandrogen effect. Personaly I like the feeling that nizoral gives my scalp but I should start using a P-O shampoo again.

PO cream would be nice, maybe good for blackheads.

robtyketto

Reaction score
I use

-Nizoral
-Jasons Thin to Thick
-Chinese lamas shampoo
-Revita

Why is there no love for Revita?
Ingrediants wise it covers a good collection.

What am I missing out from Nano shampoo, ingrediant wise that isn't in my shampoo regime?

Thanks

striker9

Established Member
Reaction score
I think i'll give nizoral a try.

Is NANO really good? I see tricomin also has great cooper peptides, and it's the 3rd choice of the admin, nizoral is just 4th choice.

But revita from divine skin has the ingredients of tricomin and nizoral together!

And comparing with revivogen? Some people say it's a scam.

NANO, tricomin, nizoral, revivogen, revita i just want to stick with the best or two best (growth stimulator and dht blocker) without losing hair quality.

hamletshead

Reaction score
Why not use Nizoral and Tricomin? I've been using them both a couple times a week each for over a decade. It's not as though they interact with each other in some chemical fashion. You can't use the same shampoo everyday -- ask your wife or girlfriend why they have so many shampoos. Answer: your hair starts looking retarded after a week or so.

pproctor

Established Member
Reaction score
striker9 said:
I think i'll give nizoral a try.

Is NANO really good? I see tricomin also has great cooper peptides, and it's the 3rd choice of the admin, nizoral is just 4th choice.

Clearing up matters some: NANO is nicotinic acid N-oxide, from which NANO shampoo gets it name. We also include copper peptides as well as other SODs (TEMPOL/TEMPO). These "SOD-mimetics" are a more modern and effective version of this technology than than the copper peptides, an older technology. E.g., TEMPOL is currently in clinical trials for radiation-induced hair loss. See http://www.mitos.com .

BTW, not knocking the copper peptide SOD's. In fact, I hold the primary patent. Just noting that things have advanced a bit since we discovered their action as hair growth stimulating agents about 30 years ago.

Peter H. Proctor, PhD,MD

Jack

Reaction score
striker9 said:
NANO is nicotinic acid N-oxide, from which NANO shampoo gets it name. We also include copper peptides as well as other SODs (TEMPOL/TEMPO). These "SOD-mimetics" are a more modern and effective version of this technology than than the copper peptides, an older technology. E.g., TEMPOL is currently in clinical trials for radiation-induced hair loss. See http://www.mitos.com .

The incriedients sound good , but in all honesty : Do they really work in shampoo form or do I need a real topical for the full benefits?
Do you consider this a full treatment or just an addon to the usual treatments?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
pproctor said:
Clearing up matters some: NANO is nicotinic acid N-oxide, from which NANO shampoo gets it name. We also include copper peptides as well as other SODs (TEMPOL/TEMPO).

Dr. P, I'd like to ask a question similar to what Jack just said: do you think it's cost-effective to put TEMPO/TEMPOL into a shampoo, or would they be used to better advantage in a standard topical that remains on the scalp for a period of time?

pproctor

Established Member
Reaction score
Jack said:
striker9 said:
The incriedients sound good , but in all honesty : Do they really work in shampoo form or do I need a real topical for the full benefits?
Do you consider this a full treatment or just an addon to the usual treatments?

NANO shampoo was originally developed as a suppliment to our other treatments, but it works by itself. Also, shampoos are a standard means of drug delivery to the scalp. Likely at least partially because of the ehanced skin pentration induced by hydrating the skin, they can be quit effective. Shampoos also cause a temproary disruption in the barrier function of the skin that enhances penetration of therapeutic agents.

Peter H. Proctor, PhD, MD

Petchsky

Reaction score
I often use minoxidil on a hydrated scalp, and find that this increasing absorption, without any sides, for me anyhow.

Dr P - Do you think Lavender oil has an anti androgen effect in the scalp? and is it effective against male pattern baldness?

elvis123

Established Member
Reaction score
Dr. PROCTOR, where can i buy your NANO shampoo? and are the hairs that grow from using the shampoo (if any do at all) dependent on the shampoo like how hairs are dependent on minoxidil?