Retrograde Alopecia maybe some thyroid related dysfunction

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
These are documented individuals who has servere hypothyroid and after treatment the area of hair where retrograde usually affects seems to have resolved itself.

just cause ur blood tests come find on thyroid does not mean things are fine. The situation is more complicated

Attachments

• 3ADFE755-EFEF-45CA-8767-F3B1F54DE14A.png
    3ADFE755-EFEF-45CA-8767-F3B1F54DE14A.png
    287.9 KB · Views: 283
  • 5044270E-A065-40B8-AF85-B75251C4BEAF.png
    5044270E-A065-40B8-AF85-B75251C4BEAF.png
    279.9 KB · Views: 304

Johnson40

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you sure it's not just haircut? I've heard people with thyroid problem loses hair in a diffuse manner, like in most disease related hair loss, all across the scalp.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you sure it's not just haircut? I've heard people with thyroid problem loses hair in a diffuse manner, like in most disease related hair loss, all across the scalp.
Did u not read the captions for the photos. They specifically focused on showcasing the differences in hair. If it was a haircut They wouldnt be using these people as examples. Also the women in these photos u can see the thinning. Those aren haircuts lol

Johnson40

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My bad didn't zoomed enough lel.
Aren't TSH sufficient to detect hypo and hyperthyroidism?

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My bad didn't zoomed enough lel.
Aren't TSH sufficient to detect hypo and hyperthyroidism?
No. Theres t4. T3. Reverse t3. Theres even theories on thyroid receptors malfunctioning and such. Almost nobody reports improvememt in the retrograde areas of their hairloss from finasteride.

ive personlly seen people with zero norwood patterning but slight thinning above the ears

Funeemonky66

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have retrograde but i dont think i have thyroid issues. When i first noticed overall thinning I got bloodwork and my doctor specifically checked for thyroid related stuff but everything was fine according to her. I didnt have any noticible retrograde thinning at that time however so i wonder if anything changed regarding my thyroid since then

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
like I said the thyroid issue is am talking about can't be easily tested for. There are thing like thyroid receptor insensitivity and more

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had a normal thyroid and normal function with PERFECT hair at 41. A dumbass new doctor put me on T4 because I was 1 point hypo in the reference range. I was in great shape with a ideal diet. Three months later my hair started falling fast in a diffuse pattern all over the scalp. Heavy retrograde thinning nape almost gone. Shed has never stopped and I have not to responded to treatment every time I try to stop T4 I have a massive shed and go hypo. I’m guessing my thyroid is now dead like my hair.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had a normal thyroid and normal function with PERFECT hair at 41. A dumbass new doctor put me on T4 because I was 1 point hypo in the reference range. I was in great shape with a ideal diet. Three months later my hair started falling fast in a diffuse pattern all over the scalp. Heavy retrograde thinning nape almost gone. Shed has never stopped and I have not to responded to treatment every time I try to stop T4 I have a massive shed and go hypo. I’m guessing my thyroid is now dead like my hair.
Strange claim considering you were going bald within a year at 39

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I wish we both had a normal thyroid. I think our hair would be much better if we did. Microneedling is making me shed alot now. Maybe the needles are destroying my hair follicles.

uzzzzzzzi

My Regimen
Reaction score
i have heard a theory said the reason of hairloss was lymphedema. maybe it is the same thing about myxoedema of Hypothyroidism?

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Strange claim considering you were going bald within a year at 39
I rebounded a bit from the crazy initial shed. First was crown and back thinning only. At 41 the front started to thin. No matter what I deal with an insane and constant shed and despite regrowth have declined a lot in 4 years and dramatically this year…