Results With Topical Finasteride - Has It Worked For Anyone?

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Still shedding a ton. Showers are a nightmare. Hair ‘seems’ to be getting healthier.

I never had any itch and still don’t. Hairline way below baseline.

blub10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
blue how long are you going to continue of its making the hairline worse?

Saleem

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah mate that 4-5% is for people with prostate cancer. Will kill everything you enjoy at those levels.
By using morr f for 3 months i got severe Urinary tract infection and kub scan show i have boarder line prostate enlarged and now in real egony
Tr

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have no idea what to do. Everything I’ve tried has just accelerated the shedding. It’s realky depressing despite that fact that I’ve been really lucky for my age. Just seemed like I could slow it down with Finasteride and minoxidil and nothing is working.
I’d blame thyroid but there’s definitely miniaturized hair.

Short answer I really don’t know. Doctor said to stop, I’m debating seeing out a year but at 6 months it’s the biggest mistake I’ve made in all of this... using Trinov now as well, not optimistic.

Luke777

My Regimen
Reaction score
Now it has been a year since I started topical finasteride + minoxidil + dermaroling and there has not been any positive effects. No regrowth, just more shedding :(

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
11 months here and the situation is exponentially worse.

Last edited:

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it known to what extent topical finasteride is absorbed directly from the scalp into the hair follicles? Could it be that the only reason it works is because it goes into the bloodstream in the first place, and then makes its way from the bloodstream into the hair follicles?

pikemason

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive been taking oral finasteride for the last 11 month with great results...