Results With Topical Finasteride - Has It Worked For Anyone?

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The same stuff as I’m using only I went with the 15% version .
Another thing I hate about the topical is the fact that you need to leave it in your hair overnight, smothering it all over your pillow etc... finasteride ends up everywhere eventually.

Good luck with your regimen, keep us posted.
Well after a month on the Essengen i got a major shed so not going too well but will keep at it as i have run out of RU(which was good for 3 months) so will keep battling on. Although i'm putting that much crap on my head i am struggling to keep tabs on were i am with it.

jonnywalker93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Try the topcial finasteride compounded by the Italian pharmacy Farmacia Parati. They utilise a
Iiposomal vehicle that apparently prevents finasteride from going systematic. You can look at the Hasson and Wong thread here. No one reports side effects even after a couple of months. Effectiveness remains unclear though, but I will give the 0.5% version a go as soon as it arrives.

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
Damn so i've been applying 4mg topical daily for 4-6 weeks. Hope i haven't done any irreversible damage. I shall be having an angry word with my doctor. The label clearly says 0.20% finasterdie, 1ml twice per day....what on earth was he thinking. The good news is that side effects should be less severe as i drop down to the normal dosage. I am thinking a sudden drop is perhaps not the best idea. I will apply 2mg equivalent for a few days, then drop to 1mg daily. I am still baffled by the absence of ball ache which literally was unbearable on the oral tablet.

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
Another thing, i've just arrived at my mum's place and looked in the mirror. My body is covered in flab of the kind i have never seen before, the chest, the lower abs. I recommend using a range of mirrors to really get a handle on how this stuff is impacting your body shape incl breasts. This stuff is evil! Do you guys think it's safe to just stop taking it cold turkey. Keep in mind i've been applying a 4mg solution daily for 4-6 weeks. At this stage i want reassurance i can recover completely before restarting at much lower dose.

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
Actually, the flab is mostly (not all) water weight since it disappears after a good night's sleep.

pikemason

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Try the topcial finasteride compounded by the Italian pharmacy Farmacia Parati. They utilise a
Iiposomal vehicle that apparently prevents finasteride from going systematic. You can look at the Hasson and Wong thread here. No one reports side effects even after a couple of months. Effectiveness remains unclear though, but I will give the 0.5% version a go as soon as it arrives.
any updates on topical? can I buy topcial finasteride compounded by the Italian pharmacy Farmacia Parati if im in the usa?

pikemason

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
how was the topical version? any updates on sides and hair growth?

jonnywalker93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
how was the topical version? any updates on sides and hair growth?
Tried it at 0.5, 0.1 and even 0.05% and still experienced the oral finasteride side effects. It worked for me because it went systematic, but I obviously I had to stop as I cannot cope with the insane brain fog. I'm f*****g done with AAs. Gonna make my own Brotzu lotion now.

reuters

Established Member
Reaction score
worked great, on a 10% morrf with 0,1% finasteride, before and after pictures attached.

both directly after a 1mm haircut

Attachments

• 20180210_124743.jpg
    20180210_124743.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 2,018
  • 20180821_203423.jpg
    20180821_203423.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 2,281

Jay4809

My Regimen
Reaction score
worked great, on a 10% morrf with 0,1% finasteride, before and after pictures attached.

Just wanted to add I had good results from a minoxidil 15% lotion, with .01 finasteride topical and .05mg 3 x a week oral. It had to be compounded from a pharmacy but had to stop due to cost. Does this morr-f stuff have real finasteride in it? I don't know how they can sell it on ebay if so. I thought it was an herbal DHT reducer. That's the way it's worded anyway

reuters

Established Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to add I had good results from a minoxidil 15% lotion, with .01 finasteride topical and .05mg 3 x a week oral. It had to be compounded from a pharmacy but had to stop due to cost. Does this morr-f stuff have real finasteride in it? I don't know how they can sell it on ebay if so. I thought it was an herbal DHT reducer. That's the way it's worded anyway

i think ebay let a lot of illegal things through, i have not checked the actual content at an independent lab.

the product is shipped from India
it is made by one of the largest generic medical factories in India
it has seals and looks very correct

i personally am very happy with the result, and have gone from completly bald to more vellus hair and a few real hairs.

Saleem

My Regimen
Reaction score
i think ebay let a lot of illegal things through, i have not checked the actual content at an independent lab.

i personally am very happy with the result, and have gone from completly bald to more vellus hair and a few real hairs.
Can u post some photos?

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score

Do they sell a finasteride only version..not mixed with facial bloating minoxidil?

reuters

Established Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• 15355186359956872087330126816133.jpg
    15355186359956872087330126816133.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 978
  • 1535518673494544493041508088269.jpg
    1535518673494544493041508088269.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 905
  • 15355187291741661588020967100758.jpg
    15355187291741661588020967100758.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 907
  • 15355187487912674749358193053994.jpg
    15355187487912674749358193053994.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 819

Saleem

My Regimen
Reaction score

How many months it took to cover like this? And did u have any side effects

reuters

Established Member
Reaction score
i have used a 10% minoxidil since february (tugain 10%) and had progress, however loads of people recommended that i started with finasteride if i wanted to keep my gains so i switched to another brand (morr f) in middle of june this year.

i had a dizziness during the first weeks of minoxidil in February, but it stopped after a few weeks.

i had no problems with erection etc from june when i added finasteride, everything is as normal :)

reyl

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn so i've been applying 4mg topical daily for 4-6 weeks. Hope i haven't done any irreversible damage. I shall be having an angry word with my doctor. The label clearly says 0.20% finasterdie, 1ml twice per day....what on earth was he thinking. The good news is that side effects should be less severe as i drop down to the normal dosage. I am thinking a sudden drop is perhaps not the best idea. I will apply 2mg equivalent for a few days, then drop to 1mg daily. I am still baffled by the absence of ball ache which literally was unbearable on the oral tablet.
That 4mg isn't getting fully absorbed, so it's more like you're taking 0.20mg orally or something like that.

Personally I think most people get the same side effects on the topical as they would orally, the scalp is a great way to get drugs into your system because of how vascular it is.

blub10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey bluecyclone,
how is your status at the moment with topical finasteride?