Restoring Wnt/β-catenin Signaling Is A Promising Therapeutic Strategy

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

It works by inhibiting SFRP2. That's interesting because some studies show it to inhibit Wnt signaling while others show it promotes angiogenesis and cellular regeneration. WAY-316606 selectively inhibits SFRP1, barely inhibiting SFRP2. Is there a potent SFRP2 inhibitor?

wislow9

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, it's a lot more complicated than dht↑>dkk1↑>b-catenin↓>hair loss. Inhibiting dkk1 alone won't restore normal Wnt signalling.

For restore normal WNT signalling we need: gallocyanine: dkk1 inhibitor + 17 alfa estradiol: dkk1 inhibitor and gsk3b inhibitor + Way316606: sfrp1 inhibitor , thats right the protocol ¿?, or we need add more ¿?
With an AR antagonist or anti-androgen = RU58841 + PGE2 or SW033291 we could get hair growth .... ¿?

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
It works by inhibiting SFRP2. That's interesting because some studies show it to inhibit Wnt signaling while others show it promotes angiogenesis and cellular regeneration. WAY-316606 selectively inhibits SFRP1, barely inhibiting SFRP2. Is there a potent SFRP2 inhibitor?

I haven't found much out there. Any luck,,?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't found much out there. Any luck,,?

No. I'm not sure it's even a good idea to do it given the conflicting studies on SFRP2. I wonder if this is actually a non-selective SFRP inhibitor, and inhibiting SFRP1 was responsible for the regrowth. Then again, maybe we should be inhibiting both. There are still so many studies that need to be done.

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
this french study seems to confirm what you're saying here
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdfdirect/10.1111/bjd.15577

also dkk1 has been reconsidered
maybe WAY-316606 is not the cure, but it indicated us the solution

kingjohn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
this got buried but it may be the future of wnt/beta catenin signaling as a therapy

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...g-mirnas-to-regenerate-hair-follicles.129072/

relevant study from this summer: https://news.ncsu.edu/2020/07/microrna-for-hair-regrowth/

"MiRNAs are small molecules that regulate gene expression. Cheng and his team measured miRNAs in exosomes derived from both 3D and 2D DP cells. In the 3D DP cell-derived exosomes, they pinpointed miR-218-5p, a miRNA that enhances the molecular pathway responsible for promoting hair follicle growth. They found that increasing miR-218-5p promoted hair follicle growth, while inhibiting it caused the follicles to lose function.

“Cell therapy with the 3D cells could be an effective treatment for baldness, but you have to grow, expand, preserve and inject those cells into the area,” Cheng says. “MiRNAs, on the other hand, can be utilized in small molecule-based drugs. So potentially you could create a cream or lotion that has a similar effect with many fewer problems. Future studies will focus on using just this miRNA to promote hair growth.”

basically stimulating mirnas is more specific and thus will have less potential for cancer and is more ideal than injectable follicles

TheHawk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This forum is so damn good. Such a shame all the shutdowns killed activity.

Another really really good informative thread.

@Admin , please don't let this f*****g place shut down for months ever again. The most active hair loss community is stupid, backwards /r/tressless on reddit. This forum is decades ahead of them on science and all the postulating that was done here.