Restarting Finasteride After 5 Weeks

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had to quit finasteride for 5 weeks due to a range of side effects, that only developped after 3 years

-urinary problems
-ED
-no libido
-joints and shoulders popping in and out

All that went away after about 3 weeks. I am in week five now and shedding a lot.
I got no libido and no ED from insomnia and being depressed about hairloss now (so much for PFS), so I was thinking wtf might as well get back on it instead of being depressed and bald.

Do you guys think the shedding after 5 weeks will be permanent hairloss?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
It depends. You might get that hair back or you may not. A stronger regimen would be required to see better results.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
It depends. You might get that hair back or you may not. A stronger regimen would be required to see better results.

Any suggestions? I might include minoxidil but it gives me wrinkles and a rasing heart...really hate that stuff.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any suggestions? I might include minoxidil but it gives me wrinkles and a rasing heart...really hate that stuff.
Try an anti androgen like cyproterone acetate. I'm on 25mg daily. I just started so its too early to make a judgement but I do feel better on it, my sex drive is less but I feel more calm and collected. Its fantastic for hair too.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Try an anti androgen like cyproterone acetate. I'm on 25mg daily. I just started so its too early to make a judgement but I do feel better on it, my sex drive is less but I feel more calm and collected. Its fantastic for hair too.
Combined with finasteride? That sounds risky.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Combined with finasteride? That sounds risky.
So is walking/driving to work every morning. Nothing is without risks. If you click on my name you can see what treatments I'm using and I have zero side effects from using them.

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel calm and collected is atually a bad thing; you're losing that masculine drive

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel calm and collected is atually a bad thing; you're losing that masculine drive
That's definitely not a bad thing, not everyone wants to be raging, horny balding men, do they?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Balding no; the rest yes
To each their own. I'm actually enjoying the subtle effects of my regimen.. Still not stopped my hair loss though :(