Response From Tsuji Team. Sort Of...

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Works enough to deserve commercialization? That's what I mean, I want to see undisputed evidence of it being a viable treatment. I'll care about release dates after that

There is absolutely no doubt that this will work well enough to justify commercialization. As you'll notice in Figure 2. these cells were derived from humans and implanted into a mouse; which then grew hair. Unless you can explain to me why human cells can grow human hair in other species, but wouldn't in a human being, then there is nothing to discuss.

The cell-culturing problem is the only thing that stands in their way; does not appear that this team is that worried about it.

GotHair?

Established Member
Reaction score
I can't understand why people argue so much about possible release dates and leave efficacy out of the question

I only care if the thing works or not. If it works I'm pretty sure they will make all the efforts to release it as soon as possible. They want our money after all
When the research behind the treatment is published in peer review journals like Nature you don't ask about efficacy. You ask when.

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
When the research behind the treatment is published in peer review journals like Nature you don't ask about efficacy. You ask when.
I remember when the PGD2 theory appeared and people thought it was a matter of a few years. And what about Jahoda?

Cue to this is different, cue to you can't predict from the past

I'm tired of it always being different and just a matter of a few years. Show me real cosmetic change. I'm all for research and in no way downplaying Tsuji, but that alone isn't going to give me my hair back.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Protect what? this is the #1 international hairloss forum.. I am pretty sure Tsuji team know that, and that's why he answered the question in the first place.The guy has all the time in the world to write his reply, admin is not harrasing him every second: At the end this is just a "friendly" common correspondence on a particularly exciting subject. Btw japanese people don't bother, they are dedicated they will always answer. The respect like I said is to let them time to answer

Why don't you use your imagination for the first time in your life and see if you can figure it out.

Here's a hint: people don't like being nagged.

Last edited:

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it just me, or does everybody feel like they need a PHD in Physics to understand this?

It's always the same run around. No Histogen, no Replical, f*****g nothing.

I might as well grow my hair long, so I can tie it into a rope, and f*****g hang myself. Don't mean to negative,
but this situation just sucks, it really does.

Morning Norwood

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it just me, or does everybody feel like they need a PHD in Physics to understand this?

It's always the same run around. No Histogen, no Replical, f*****g nothing.

I might as well grow my hair long, so I can tie it into a rope, and f*****g hang myself. Don't mean to negative,
but this situation just sucks, it really does.

Mirin' your density if it could support your bodyweight bruh, that's pretty good :) .

GiveMeAccessToMyAccount

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't understand why people argue so much about possible release dates and leave efficacy out of the question

I only care if the thing works or not. If it works I'm pretty sure they will make all the efforts to release it as soon as possible. They want our money after all

This is a good post. Not only if it works, but is there before and after pics as well, not just "the science behind the theory on why it will work makes sense, therefore it works". We need to see all of this. But it does sound promising.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
With any new technology there is always an Aderans or Intercytex that goes belly up before the big boys(i.e. RIKEN) step in and perfect it. Their past failure isn't a negative, it's a positive.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
With any new technology there is always an Aderans or Intercytex that goes belly up before the big boys(i.e. RIKEN) step in and perfect it. Their past failure isn't a negative, it's a positive.

LOL! Aderans "was" a big boy.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
1. That_Guy, below is another example of Mr. Toyoshima talking about the inability to culture cells. He does NOT use the words "loss of Inductivity" and that's making you think that all Team Tsuji has to do is find a way to culture the cells. But the problem is more complicated than that.

2. Look how Mr. Toyoshima says "Stem cell function is lost with proliferation" therefore yes, there is limit to stem cell proliferation. What Mr. Toyoshima is saying here is that in the sense that the cells lose "function" (inductivity) during culture that means that for all intents and purposes they can't be cultured. He is NOT saying that the cells actually can't be cultured. He's saying that since the cells lose inductivity during culture it's pointless to culture them, UNLESS you find a solution to the problem of loss of inductivity.

Mr. Toyoshima: Generally speaking, it is said that there is a limit to stem cell proliferation. It is generally known that the stem cell function is lost with proliferation, therefore yes, there is limit to stem cell proliferation. In case of human follicular papilla cells having the function as the mesenchymal stem cells, the stems cells can be multiplied by several thousands of times in 3 weeks when we use our technologies. On the other hand, as for the epithelial stem cells, as I mentioned earlier we are still in research for this, therefore there is only a small number of human cases. Consequently, an accurate value for this case is yet to be determined in the near future. However, collectively from these researches, we think that we may be increase follicles at least by about 1,000 times.

3. I think he's Japanese and Japanese is his first language. Sometimes he uses different words/terms than other scientists are using. Instead of saying "culture" he will sometimes say "proliferation" and instead of saying "inductivity" he will sometimes say "function" or "functionality". And this is causing you some confusion. Make no mistake about it, he's saying that the problem is loss of inductivity, which is the same problem all of the other cell-based hair research teams are reporting.

Last edited:

GiveMeAccessToMyAccount

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
untitled-1-jpg.52375

© @whatevr

Lmfao.....

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, I'm well aware of what he means and by "cell-culturing problem" I mean the fact that when epithelial cells are multiplied they lose their ability to induce hair growth. Do you really think I'd spend all this time reading about this and not know this?

Secondly,

We're not scientists here. We can't explain why the cells could grow hair on other species but not on humans.

You don't have to be a scientist because there is no logical reason why it shouldn't.

In your newfound negativity, you're overlooking the fact that there have been roadblocks in literally every surgical procedure ever. Bigger roadblocks than "some cells lose inductivity when multiplied" and more like "patient won't survive the surgery."

Jahoda solved a majority culturing problem back in the day by flipping the dish upside down.

You can lose sleep over it and continue to scream at people about this, but it doesn't change the fact that they will be starting trials in a year and a half, "research is progressing as planned" and has, by their own account, shown them potential solutions.

I'm going to trust the proven team and just wait and see.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
No, I'm well aware of what he means and by "cell-culturing problem" I mean the fact that when epithelial cells are multiplied they lose their ability to induce hair growth. Do you really think I'd spend all this time reading about this and not know this?

Secondly,

You don't have to be a scientist because there is no logical reason why it shouldn't.

1. Well, you did say that Tsuji's only problem is expanding the cells so I wanted to be sure it's clear that the problem is more than just expanding the cells.

2(a) Jahoda grew a few human hairs (on his wife's arm) but that's different from growing a lot of human hair. Jahoda used a small amount of fresh cellular material that was NOT cultured to create more. Uncultured hair cells will grow hair. The problem is that in order to grow lots of human hairs you have to culture the cells to make more of them. Perhaps Tsujis experiment with growing human hair on mice also utilized only a small amount of fresh uncultured cells. That would explain how Tsuji could grow a few human hairs (on mice) but can't grow lots of human hair.

2(b) And Jahoda's experiment where he used uncultured cellular material to grow hair on his wife's arm is decades old. If Tsuji's mouse experiment also utilized uncultured cellular material then Tsuji's mouse experiment provides no advancement over Jahoda's decades old experiment. He simply repeated Jahoda's decades old experiment, except instead of injecting the uncultured cellular material into someone's forearm, Tsuji injected the uncultured cellular material into mice.

Last edited:

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
You can lose sleep over it and continue to scream at people about this, but it doesn't change the fact that they will be starting trials in a year and a half, "research is progressing as planned" and has, by their own account, shown them potential solutions.

I'm going to trust the proven team and just wait and see.

I sleep like a baby. And I'm not screaming. I'm just stating my viewpoint.

Yes, according to Team Tsuji they will start their trials in one and a half years. But Aderans started their trials w/o solving the inductivity problem and we know how that turned out. Intercytex started their trials w/o solving the inducivity problem and we know how that turned out. Replicel started their trials w/o solving the inductivity problem and we know how that turned out.

Last edited:

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
Replicel doesn't have big money behind? That's ridiculous. Shiseido is one of the biggest cosmetic companies in the world

And I see a lot of revisionism about Aderans here. Aderans was definitely the biggest boy in town. When I started lurking hair loss forums they were the company to look after, they had plenty of funding. Remember how optimistic people were when they announced they had bought Intercytex assets? Or when they came up with that weird Jigammi timeline of release? People where spamming pics of Homer Simpsons dressed as Elvis Presley to celebrate

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Replicel doesn't have big money behind? That's ridiculous. Shiseido is one of the biggest cosmetic companies in the world

And I see a lot of revisionism about Aderans here. Aderans was definitely the biggest boy in town. When I started lurking hair loss forums they were the company to look after, they had plenty of funding. Remember how optimistic people were when they announced they had bought Intercytex assets? Or when they came up with that weird Jigammi timeline of release? People where spamming pics of Homer Simpsons dressed as Elvis Presley to celebrate

I remember that. I think they had Bosley behind them.

Last edited:

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
I remember that. I think they had Bosley behind them and other investors as well.
They didn't had Bosley behind. They were Bosley

There were a lot of conspiracies about it and people were claiming they would boycott the treatment because of the Bosley connection, which in retrospective seems incredibly sad. That's how big the optimism was back then

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Man none of those guys have big money behind them just shutup u ruin this whole site someone ban this f*****g b**ch

People should ignore everything you say because you're constant insults and vulgarity prove your lack of intelligence, wisdom, and maturity.

Last edited:

nameless

Banned
Reaction score

But if the big boys don't solve the inductivity problem then they haven't "perfected" it.

Last edited:

sadila

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hate to break it to you guys, but many of you are getting too hyped for almost nothing. The way things are happening remind me of Replicel, 8 years ago they were claiming all over the place that worst case scenario their treatment will be available in 2015 and they were at the same stage Tsuji is right now. Lets just hope for the best outcomes right now and not focus on dates.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
hahaha... can't stop laughing anymore, seeing YOU talking about intelligence, wisdom and maturity.

there's only a handful of people here on the forum who still take you a little bit serious because they don't know you and your clownish past. give them a year or so, and they will understand what fool you are. i could put up some links here to your most prominent debates and your written nonsense on all the other forums, but i'm too lazy for now.

as you know, the top 3 ranking for the most stupid hairloss forum members is still unchanged, and you will wear the crown forever.

1. nameless (aka jarjarbinx, yourroyalhairness etc.)

2. artista (with his dr. wesley pilofocus crap)

3. iron man (who is legend, but dissapeared because he made a fool of himself so many times)

however, i'm not gonna turn this thread into a debate with you, so i won't respond to your extremely intelligent counter attack.
after all, you refuse to learn from it anyway.
hopeless -> meaningless -> nameless

Shut up already.

I prove that Tsuji has the same problem everyone else does - inductivity. I prove this by using Team Tsuji's own words and you're still such an *** that you attack me for my belief. So what if dumb guys like you disagree with me? I could care less. If dumb guys like you disagree with me that's a failing on the part of dumb guys like you, not on me.

I get it that some of my positions are controversial but they're not controversial because I'm wrong. They're controversial because weak guys like you don't want to know the truth, or because dumb guys like you aren't smart enough to know the truth when they read it.

Look at it like this - the only reason you're attacking me is because I'm saying that Tsuji still has to solve the inductivity problem. That's right - you're attacking me for saying the same thing that Team Tsuji is saying. What an idiot you are. And then you call me the dumb one and you think I should care if dumb-asses like you think I'm dumb. I could care less what you think of me. You're stupid and I consider the source in every stupid thing you say.

Last edited: