Report: Indisputable Proof That Finasteride Causes Sexual Side Effects In Forum Users

Have you experienced negative finasteride related sexual side effects?

• Total voters

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been fina for over 25 years. Have not had any side effects.

It has worked very well for you then. It still has efficacy?
I guess you wont have to wait another 25 years for a superior alternative.

INT

Reaction score
that proofs why this sub isn't a good representation of the average finasteride users. just bitter incels that demagogue anti androgens because they are sad it didn't work for them

Because you have always been the voice of reason around here right?

MKP05

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
11 months on finasteride and no sexual side effects besides slightly watery semen in first month. After that everything completely normal. However, it did not slow my hair loss one bit and, quite frankly, it accelerated drastically around month 4. Still losing ground every month just not quite as drastically as between 4-6 months. I’m quite certain I’ll never recover from this but I continue to take it anyway because I have few other options and no sides (except for continued hair loss). I had thick healthy hair a year ago aside from the temples receding suddenly. Now I’m diffuse all the way around. I’ve kept my hair long to hide the loss but it just gets more miniaturized, thinner, and more noticeable with each passing day. I don’t know if it’s the finasteride or if I simply got majorly aggressive hair loss suddenly and it’s just outpacing the effects of the medication. I also have alopecia areata so it could be that my immune system is all fucked up and just made worse by the change in hormonal balance.

I still think finasteride works for most people and you would not likely find those folks in these forums so anything you read here will be skewed on the negative side. But i believe some people do get sexual sides and some people have an adverse reaction to it like I may have. There are way too many accounts of this to believe otherwise. I still think those groups are the minority but i also believe the percentages are higher than what is publicly/officially reported. But those are just my opinions based on what I’ve learned over the past year.

To anyone looking to try finasteride I would say go for it but temper your expectations and brace for the possibility that you could have side effects, an adverse reaction or great success. Measure the risks versus your hair loss situation and try to make an informed decision. The thing is you will never know until you try it. I was simply looking for maintenance and my expectations were way way higher than the results.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
11 months on finasteride and no sexual side effects besides slightly watery semen in first month. After that everything completely normal. However, it did not slow my hair loss one bit and, quite frankly, it accelerated drastically around month 4. Still losing ground every month just not quite as drastically as between 4-6 months. I’m quite certain I’ll never recover from this but I continue to take it anyway because I have few other options and no sides (except for continued hair loss). I had thick healthy hair a year ago aside from the temples receding suddenly. Now I’m diffuse all the way around. I’ve kept my hair long to hide the loss but it just gets more miniaturized, thinner, and more noticeable with each passing day. I don’t know if it’s the finasteride or if I simply got majorly aggressive hair loss suddenly and it’s just outpacing the effects of the medication. I also have alopecia areata so it could be that my immune system is all fucked up and just made worse by the change in hormonal balance.

I still think finasteride works for most people and you would not likely find those folks in these forums so anything you read here will be skewed on the negative side. But i believe some people do get sexual sides and some people have an adverse reaction to it like I may have. There are way too many accounts of this to believe otherwise. I still think those groups are the minority but i also believe the percentages are higher than what is publicly/officially reported. But those are just my opinions based on what I’ve learned over the past year.

To anyone looking to try finasteride I would say go for it but temper your expectations and brace for the possibility that you could have side effects, an adverse reaction or great success. Measure the risks versus your hair loss situation and try to make an informed decision. The thing is you will never know until you try it. I was simply looking for maintenance and my expectations were way way higher than the results.

That’s awesome for you.

For every 1 person on this site WITHOUT side effects there is a little bit more than 1 person WITH.

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Any data collection is useful, independent of where your stand on this issue, so thank you Kiwki and I am sorry they are giving you a hard time.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why are people taking this poll seriously? This is the same website where people complain that minoxidil causes sexual side effects. Along with that, it’s heavily biased to base your poll on a website where people come to so they can express side effects.

If people have sexual side effects and it’s honestly effecting them that much, just don’t use the medication. I’m sure that razors don’t cause sexual side effects, although knowing this website someone will probably complain that the shaving cream they use is causing them erectile dysfunction.

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I recommend reading a textbook 'Introduction to Public Policy' written by Wheelan.
It clearly states how to design polls and its pitfalls.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why are people taking this poll seriously? This is the same website where people complain that minoxidil causes sexual side effects. Along with that, it’s heavily biased to base your poll on a website where people come to so they can express side effects.

If people have sexual side effects and it’s honestly effecting them that much, just don’t use the medication. I’m sure that razors don’t cause sexual side effects, although knowing this website someone will probably complain that the shaving cream they use is causing them erectile dysfunction.

Like it or not this poll shows that in a community this size at least 50% of the members suffer from sides.

Your razor analogy is a new low. Creative points zero.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Like it or not this poll shows that in a community this size at least 50% of the members suffer from sides.

Your razor analogy is a new low. Creative points zero.

It’s a biased poll, and the most likely reason you experienced side effects is because you aren’t so far from the age of death.

MKP05

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s awesome for you.

For every 1 person on this site WITHOUT side effects there is a little bit more than 1 person WITH.
I think the clarifying point is “on this site”. Of course there are going to be as many if not more people reporting negative side effects on a hair loss forum. The overwhelming majority of people experiencing no sides are out living their lives and not in here taking a poll. I don’t think anyone is disputing that finasteride causes sexual dysfunction in some cases. I’ll even go as far as to say it’s potentially more than the 2% or so which is officially reported. But you’re not suggesting that it’s greater than 50% based on the results of a poll in a hair loss forum under a subsection devoted to people looking for alternatives to finasteride are you?

And there’s nothing awesome about my situation since finasteride has done zilch to stop my hair loss and possibly has irreversibly made it worse.

MKP05

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And for the record I don’t have any problem with the poll. It’s useful in the sense that it illustrates that more than half the people on this forum who bothered to respond have had sides. I’m not saying that’s insignificant or not helpful. I just don’t think it has any bearing on the general population of finasteride users since the vast majority get no sides and are therefore not in this forum. Listen, I firmly believe finasteride fucked my hair up but I also believe that my case is probably rare and I was extremely unlucky.

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
While this is not a criticism and everyone on this site is welcome to post what they wish, the issue with polls like this on forums is that they are not objective. People can be convinced that they experience side effects when in reality they are not.

To the best of my knowledge, the majority of the studies done over the years do not show any long term permanent side effects from finasteride, although there were a couple a few years ago which did but there was criticism in how that study was carried out as it didn’t appear to be objective.

Personally I believe that people can experience severe side effects from
The use of Finasteride, but I believe that to be extremely rare. While without a doubt there are more people complaining about side effects on forums than not, please remember that individuals can and often do make multiple accounts on the internet. I have seen this. This means that one individual can make ten accounts. There is nothing to stop them.

I sympaphise for the minority who do actually experience severe side effects. Over the years, Whenever the question of side effects comes up, this almost always causes fighting and name calling as this poll has showed.

So the main question is, what do you do if you are considering Finasteride 1MG? you want to take the drug but naturally are afraid of long term side effects. In my experience when hair loss gets bad enough most will jump on to finasteride in the end because the reality is that there is no other way to stop hairloss currently.

If you want to start Finasteride 1MG and are afraid of the side effects, the best thing you can do is step away from these forums, go to a doctor, ask their opinion, do a full blood test before taking it, start taking it under their guidance, and if any issue comes up discuss with the doctor your concerns. That is as sensible a choice that can made.

Do not self medicate and order medication online by the advice of people on forums. People on forums are not doctors. The fact is that if google did not exist, 99% of people on forums would know nothing about treating hairloss. Google gives everyone the impression they are a doctor. They are not.

HLV

Last edited:

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
While this is not a criticism and everyone on this site is welcome to post what they wish, the issue with polls like this on forums is that they are not objective. People can be convinced that they experience side effects when in reality they are not.

To the best of my knowledge, the majority of the studies done over the years do not show any long term permanent side effects from finasteride, although there were a couple a few years ago which did but there was criticism in how that study was carried out as it didn’t appear to be objective.

Personally I believe that people can experience severe side effects from
The use of Finasteride, but I believe that to be extremely rare. While without a doubt there are more people complaining about side effects on forums than not, please remember that individuals can and often do make multiple accounts on the internet. I have seen this. This means that one individual can make ten accounts. There is nothing to stop them.

I sympaphise for the minority who do actually experience severe side effects. Over the years, Whenever the question of side effects comes up, this almost always causes fighting and name calling as this poll has showed.

So the main question is, what do you do if you are considering Finasteride 1MG? you want to take the drug but naturally are afraid of long term side effects. In my experience when hair loss gets bad enough most will jump on to finasteride in the end because the reality is that there is no other way to stop hairloss currently.

If you want to start Finasteride 1MG and are afraid of the side effects, the best thing you can do is step away from these forums, go to a doctor, ask their opinion, do a full blood test before taking it, start taking it under their guidance, and if any issue comes up discuss with the doctor your concerns. That is as sensible a choice that can made.

Do not self medicate and order medication online by the advice of people on forums. People on forums are not doctors. The fact is that if google did not exist, 99% of people on forums would know nothing about treating hairloss. Google gives everyone the impression they are a doctor. They are not.

HLV

I agree completely. Am sure that educated readers have realized that this poll most likely does not reflect the experience of the silent majority due to poor design.
But to be fair, the OP clearly states that the poll is for HairLossTalk.com users who wish to participate. So its ok. But there are some on here who generalize.
Anyway, most people probably follow your recommendations also realizing that 5mg fina daily is for treatment of BPH.

difus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can someone just delete this f*****g thread? This is not research, put it in the section with the androgen threads! Just because you make a voting thread of side effects it doesn’t prove anything...it’s not f*****g research!

difus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But look at the official studies! This can not be right!

Surely, a big international pharma company would never lie to us?!

THIS IS A LIE! THIS POLL IS BIASED!

Oh man, this thread is hilarious. All of these excuses trying to dismiss the poll results.

LMFAO!
Yeah we’ll so a thread with 100 votes provide more and better evidence than several thousand? Come on man sure the official study could be “fake” but that doesn’t make this sh*t thread science! And since I don’t say anything about the side effects or have ever taken fina my self I don’t have anything personal invested in this. But if you have taken a basic statistics course you would know that this vote system is biased and completely bullshit! Also I have told you to provide some proof of your claims do where is the proof?

difus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why would I waste anymore time if even the results of 100 of your balding brothers are dismissed? You guys won't be convinced, like I said I understand, I was like that too.

So everyone dismissing these results, PLEASE take your daily finasteride pill, you will make me a happy man. Time will teach you the truth.
Oh so you can’t provide any proof of what you are claiming? That’s really disappointing since I was looking forward to reading your proof. And I don’t 100% dismiss this vote, sure there are people that experience side effects but I don’t think that there are even close to 10% and all the studies I can find have similar results so why can’t you provide proof against this? I’m 100% open to changing my opinion on this but you doesn’t give me anything to prove that what you are saying makes any sense!