Report: Indisputable Proof That Finasteride Causes Sexual Side Effects In Forum Users

Have you experienced negative finasteride related sexual side effects?

• Total voters

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
this is how a mature person d see it. i think el cucy and pigeon are children

Trust me I even tried quartering my pills. I had a pull cutter and everything. I experimented a lot with finasteride.

I decided to quit because sides were not showing signs of getting better. I didn’t want to risk things getting worse.

I had days where my partner was giving me a blowjob and I couldn’t get it up. Before finasteride I had never experienced anything like that.

So as a mature adult (30ish at the time) I decided to make the mature decision to stop.

I don’t hate finasteride, I hate the fact I can’t use it.

I don’t think anybody here “hates a pill” as that’s kinda weird. People hate they can’t use it. I don’t see why people get so upset either way.

My ONLY point is that some people here can’t use finasteride and it’s reasonable to think in a ‘cutting edge / research forum’ that the people here might be looking for alternative solutions.

It’s also important for people here on both sides of this conversation to not demonise others.

Some people might be weaker than you, they might be really sensitive to drugs... good I say.

Other people should be able to hear from those people, weigh up information and make their own informed decisions.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
I acknowledge that sides are real for some people. But I find that antifinasteride gang has a hard time acknowledging that some people live normal lives using those drugs. It’s always something like: “you may be fine now but I will laugh at your limp dick soon”.

Maybe maybe not.

I’m not anti finasteride. I’m just trying to make sure both peoples voices are equally carried.

I’m glad you can use finasteride :)

Naja

My Regimen
Reaction score
My ONLY point is that some people here can’t use finasteride and it’s reasonable to think in a ‘cutting edge / research forum’ that the people here might be looking for alternative solutions.

Sure, but that's exactly why this poll is worse than useless. It's a self-selected sample. People for whom finasteride worked are not on these forums looking for alternatives. People who quit due to sides are. That's why the poll results here are ridiculous and can't be taken seriously.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
But they are here. Why else would they be here on this website let alone this sub thread if finasteride worked.

If one new person comes to this website and reads this poll (which clearly shows that people do experience sexual sides on finasteride) and I can save them from what I went through then it was worth it.

Did you read the other report saying that finasteride Doesn’t cause sexual side effects? We’ve already proven it’s not fact.

Naja

My Regimen
Reaction score
But they are here. Why else would they be here on this website let alone this sub thread if finasteride worked.

If one new person comes to this website and reads this poll (which clearly shows that people do experience sexual sides on finasteride) and I can save them from what I went through then it was worth it.

Did you read the other report saying that finasteride Doesn’t cause sexual side effects? We’ve already proven it’s not fact.

But your poll results are not accurate. The fact that some people experience sides on finasteride is not in dispute. But your poll results are intended to imply percentages of people who will experience these sides. And posting it in a place heavily frequented by people who are here for that exact reason is misleading.

It would be like fox news posting a poll about if trump is the best president ever. The people who are reaching the poll are self selected to have a particular viewpoint. Imagine a poll being conducted at a swimming pool about if swimming is a really good exercise. It's a biased pool of respondents.

I say this as someone with no skin in the game as I'm a woman so I don't care about finasteride either way. The poll here is just unscientific for the reasons mentioned above. I wish you the best and am hoping for a new future treatment as much as you.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
But your poll results are not accurate. The fact that some people experience sides on finasteride is not in dispute. But your poll results are intended to imply percentages of people who will experience these sides. And posting it in a place heavily frequented by people who are here for that exact reason is misleading.

It would be like fox news posting a poll about if trump is the best president ever. The people who are reaching the poll are self selected to have a particular viewpoint. Imagine a poll being conducted at a swimming pool about if swimming is a really good exercise. It's a biased pool of respondents.

I say this as someone with no skin in the game as I'm a woman so I don't care about finasteride either way. The poll here is just unscientific for the reasons mentioned above. I wish you the best and am hoping for a new future treatment as much as you.

Maybe you haven’t been here long enough to experience the fury of the pro finasteride side. Or the fury of the anti finasteride side.

The fact that some people experience sides is very much in dispute. And has been for a very long time on this website.

The pro finasteride side are like angry trump supporters that only believe what fox tells them.

Not only are the men on this site experience sides being accused as lairs but they are criticised for their experience. It doesn’t make any sense (until you realise that most of them are angry about being bald and still having to come to this site).

If you read out loud the poll question it does exactly what I set out to do. Which is to balance the messaging in the OTHER post - this poll proves that people do experience side effects.

You can over intellectualise my thread title all you like. It’s your time :)

Naja

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe you haven’t been here long enough to experience the fury of the pro finasteride side. Or the fury of the anti finasteride side.

The fact that some people experience sides is very much in dispute. And has been for a very long time on this website.

The pro finasteride side are like angry trump supporters that only believe what fox tells them.

Not only are the men on this site experience sides being accused as lairs but they are criticised for their experience. It doesn’t make any sense (until you realise that most of them are angry about being bald and still having to come to this site).

If you read out loud the poll question it does exactly what I set out to do. Which is to balance the messaging in the OTHER post - this poll proves that people do experience side effects.

If you think the dumbing down of my point with simple analogies was "over intellectualizing", I'm sorry for you. And time wise I'm sure it took you as long to type out that response as it took me to type the original message. So w/e.

In terms of how long I've been around, I was a lurker for many years before I joined as a member, which was still years ago. Yeah, some mock those who post about legit sides, and those minority of people are assholes. Though others post about having major sides from 2 days of nizoral or from touching a saw palmetto shampoo, which is also silly. My only point is that your poll is openly anti scientific in its execution. That's all. Have a nice night.

dm900

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This thread doesn't belong here. Finasteride side effects were documented in clinical studies, no on is saying they do not happen. This isn't "research" this is just baiting. If you're reading this threat YES finasteride/dutasteride can produce sexual side effects and some studies have shown that in rare cases they may be permanent, please go read the studies and ignore this redundant thread.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
This thread doesn't belong here. Finasteride side effects were documented in clinical studies, no on is saying they do not happen. This isn't "research" this is just baiting. If you're reading this threat YES finasteride/dutasteride can produce sexual side effects and some studies have shown that in rare cases they may be permanent, please go read the studies and ignore this redundant thread.
Nah, official studies says 2% sexual sides, people here wannna prove that 50%+ sexual sides will occur

dm900

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I remember talking to my doctor about propecia when it was still under patent. Honestly HairLossTalk.com is not doing anyone any favors.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

All of the anti-finasteride cult members are against it because it either didn’t work out for them, or they couldn’t handle side effects which most likely didn’t affect their daily life. I am pro-finasteride because I don’t see sexual side effects as that bad, and I don’t think it affects their daily life unless they’re a p**rn star or sex addict. It’s a trade you’re going to have to make as we don’t live in a perfect world where we can have everything we want.

INT

Reaction score
All of the anti-finasteride cult members are against it because it either didn’t work out for them, or they couldn’t handle side effects which most likely didn’t affect their daily life. I am pro-finasteride because I don’t see sexual side effects as that bad, and I don’t think it affects their daily life unless they’re a p*rn star or sex addict. It’s a trade you’re going to have to make as we don’t live in a perfect world where we can have everything we want.

I was not able to have sex at all when I was on it. How is that not that bad?

dm900

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thats very unfortunate, but nothing we didn't already was a possibility. Again this thread is redundant.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

I guess you’re going to have to give up sex for your hair. And, that’s honestly bizarre because I am on spironolactone, dutasteride and estradiol yet I can still have sex. Something is not right here...

INT

Reaction score
I guess you’re going to have to give up sex for your hair. And, that’s honestly bizarre because I am on spironolactone, dutasteride and estradiol yet I can still have sex. Something is not right here...

I eat kilos of gluten each year and there are people that can die from the tiniest amount. People are different. Bodies are different.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I eat kilos of gluten each year and there are people that can die from the tiniest amount. People are different. Bodies are different.

What I am concluding here is that finasteride isn’t the issue, your body is...

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had both negative and positive side effects. The positive is that my sexual appitite increased enormously the negative were erections were weaker and seamen was watery. The worst thing however was not a sexual side, it was the brain fog.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Kiwi man, my friend, I'm sorry to strongly disagree with you in this one. The fact that Finasteride causes side effects IS NOT because you forum people have proven it. This poll hasn't proven it, and the scattered anecdotal accounts in the forum havent proven it either. It has been the formal studies published as scientific articles that have proven it. We have known that those effects exist because of that since years ago.
Side effects are a thing, but it affects a WAY smaller percentage of people than what most forum members here think, so the probability for a user to get those sides DUE to finasteride are actually low (around 5%, at most 15%).
I will tell you the 2 main reason why this poll fails and departs from an accurate estimation, even though other members have already pointed this out in in other words:

1) No control group (failing to account for Placebo) : when evaluating the effect of anything on a biological entity, a control experimental group is a must. It is the most basic feature of any decent experimental design. The placebo effect is a scientifically proven thing, and it is strong, so a control group must be added to account for that effect. Most classic studies on finas have implemented it and obviously, when accounting for placebo, the estimated percentage of people presenting sides DUE to the pill is greatly reduced. Why? Because a great deal of people taking sugar pills also get those sides. This is done for any medication there is. A simple poll like this one cannot account for that in any way, no matter how much the members claim to "know" very well their own bodies.

2) Sampling bias (non random sampling): perfectly random sampling is another sacred rule in statistics whenever you are going to test an hypothesis. In this case, it means you should take a random, representative sample of the whole population that is taking finasteride. Now, the poll is performed over a non-random subpopulatiom of finas users: a hairloss forums. This forum tends to attract mostly two type of hairloss users: the ones who get sides on the most common (and efficient) treatment option (finasteride) and are desperately looking for alternatives, and also the ones who are not responding well to the best treatment options (I.e. Are still losing hair). So, the vast majority of users that are regrowing/maintaining hair and/or are not having any sides..are simply living their lives and have no reason at all to be on forums like this one. So the results of a poll made on this forums are obviously going to report as a majority the experiences of a minority in the universal sample. Sampling bias at its best expression.

So yeah, keeping this into account, as @Pigeon n said, the results are not surprising.

Also, because of these things, and because humans are conscious entities prone to placebo effects, this forums act as echo chambers of side effects reports that magnify the fear of sides for newcoming baldities, which in turn greatly increases their chances of experiencing sides in the future because of the psychological predisposition acquired here.

Bottom line, does finasteride cause real sides? Yes. But to a small fraction of people when accounting for sampling bias and placebo. And even then, this wasnt proved by anything coming from this forum.

Last edited: