Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

17AndBalding

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Really excited to see what 2018 will bring us. So far it looks like Replicel/Shiseido, Follica, Brotzu's magic potion, etc. will come to market and I'm really curious what it'll bring for early norwoods and later ones likewise.

fml

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I am doing my annual waste-of-time browse of hair loss information and saw the excitement about this stuff. I notice all the active people on this thread are very new members. Is there any compelling efficacy data on this product or are you all just naive newbies about to receive a rude awakening?

I just now see that great saviour product CB-03-01 turned out to be another waste of time.

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there,

I am doing my annual waste-of-time browse of hair loss information and saw the excitement about this stuff. I notice all the active people on this thread are very new members. Is there any compelling efficacy data on this product or are you all just naive newbies about to receive a rude awakening?

I just now see that great saviour product CB-03-01 turned out to be another waste of time.
Cassiopea is alive and well. Their scheduled release for winlevi (cb-03-01) is 2019 so it is still exciting for some of us looking for something to combat that s*** f*** DHT.

You say CB is a waste of time but at the moment it is too expensive for anyone to try a decent solution concentration of CB without remortgaging their house to pay the black market sellers. Until we get a proper company producing CB in a stable vehicle at decent dosages, we shouldn't just brush it aside.

fml

Established Member
Reaction score
Cassiopea is alive and well. Their scheduled release for winlevi (cb-03-01) is 2019 so it is still exciting for some of us looking for something to combat that s*** f*** DHT.

You say CB is a waste of time but at the moment it is too expensive for anyone to try a decent solution concentration of CB without remortgaging their house to pay the black market sellers. Until we get a proper company producing CB in a stable vehicle at decent dosages, we shouldn't just brush it aside.

So what if you havent concocted an accurate home brew? I just read on other threads the trial data shows it is no better than minoxidil. Previously people were excitedly comparing it to finasteride or better.

I get the no sides arguement, but it is minor minor minor. The vast majority do not get sides with minoxidil, including many of those who say they do. And of the few who get sides, many will get waste-of-time-and-money results with minoxidil anyway. CB-03-01 was being hailed as the next big thing. It is almost nothing. And it is coming to a store near you in 202x.

But back on topic, is there any compelling data on Replicel efficacy? Isnt that what the Phase II trial is for that they havent even finished yet? So why all the excitement? Naive newbieness?

fml

Established Member
Reaction score
There's an ongoing groupbuy for 50$/g CB still expensive, but much better priced.

People are going to pay through the nose to put untested chinese chemicals on their head for the chance to get minoxidil results if they guess the formulation correctly? There is not an emoji for what I am doing right now.

Maybe those guys can order some baby milk while they are at it.

fml

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow, I do not know about Replicel, but I am certainly on fire lately. Some heads might be soon, too.

See you next year guys.

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So what if you havent concocted an accurate home brew? I just read on other threads the trial data shows it is no better than minoxidil. Previously people were excitedly comparing it to finasteride or better.

I get the no sides arguement, but it is minor minor minor. The vast majority do not get sides with minoxidil, including many of those who say they do. And of the few who get sides, many will get waste-of-time-and-money results with minoxidil anyway. CB-03-01 was being hailed as the next big thing. It is almost nothing. And it is coming to a store near you in 202x.

But back on topic, is there any compelling data on Replicel efficacy? Isnt that what the Phase II trial is for that they havent even finished yet? So why all the excitement? Naive newbieness?
Even it offers lowers regrowth compared to minoxidil the mechanisms are still different. There's nothing stopping you from using them for a combination therapy for better results.

Also the trial data you are referring to is a phase 2 trial. Phase 3 trials could show it to be superior to minoxidil. Anyway, there is still a huge market for people that need only maintenance long term regardless of regrowth.

17AndBalding

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, I don't know if you have realised yet, so here it goes:

1) In 2 weeks, the first batch of Shiseido trial patients would have reached the first milestone. i.e. 12 month efficacy read-out.....fingers crossed.

2) On November 2nd, Dr Jiro Kishimoto of Shiseido Hair Reasearch arm will be presenting a talk on their treatment at the World Hair Congress. They would have had 3 months to evaluate the results, so hopefully they have something exciting to share.

Keep your head up guys...Time to be excited :)
About Shiseido, will there actually be an efficacy read-out this week? I'm not well-versed with the science world but does that mean they make the data public? Doesn't processing the data and stuff take months?

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
"Efficacy readout" would imply they have reached conclusions about their data and whether it is effective for the purpose intended or not. I've never seen that term used regarding the announcement of scientific research though.

17AndBalding

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Efficacy readout" would imply they have reached conclusions about their data and whether it is effective for the purpose intended or not. I've never seen that term used regarding the announcement of scientific research though.
Ah I see, thank you for the explanation.

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Even if this thing stops hair loss, I'm still going to use minoxidil. I won't use it twice a day but I'll definitely still use it nightly. It would be interesting to see how much hair you could regrow after immunizing your follicles. Plus, minoxidil could slow the process down to a complete stop (minoxidil does maintain hair. Not for all, but for some).

br1

Reaction score
Even if this thing stops hair loss, I'm still going to use minoxidil. I won't use it twice a day but I'll definitely still use it nightly. It would be interesting to see how much hair you could regrow after immunizing your follicles. Plus, minoxidil could slow the process down to a complete stop (minoxidil does maintain hair. Not for all, but for some).
I would probably do the same. Plus microdosing finasteride.

inham123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I still 100% believe it will grow new hair on completely bald scalp. That's what the mouse studies showed + that study Jahoda did implementing DSC cells from hair follicles from his wife into his arm.

CharAblaze

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I still 100% believe it will grow new hair on completely bald scalp. That's what the mouse studies showed + that study Jahoda did implementing DSC cells from hair follicles from his wife into his arm.
That is a very utopian scenario. Yes, there was regrowth in trials, but I highly doubt that it was on bald spots. We should pray for your words to be true, but considering the years of failures and the fact that now Replicel's stated end point is hair density unlike full head of hair that was 2 years ago, it is very doubtful.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is this something that might be similar to mirror replicel?

http://sci.amegroups.com/article/view/15436/15549.

here is a pic (NOT REPLICEL)
Is it me or is his head angled opposite direction?

15436-PB7-R1.png

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Either opposite side or same side mirror imaged as is sometimes done in copying photos. Wrinkles on forehead are different, haircolor different, so I'm not quite sure @hairblues.