Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

br1

Reaction score
f*****g kidding me...Charlie is right, wtf is the hold up? And she shrugs and goes well it's new! No sh*t, so is everything Amazon does but they push and get sh*t done.
DW people, do work. Make sh*t happen. We all have to do it in our everyday life if we want to get ahead.
It's sad that the medical world is progressing so slowly despite all of the technological advances elsewhere.
Not really sure what you talking about here... Replicel (Shiseido) is doing the last trial before releasing the product. This trial will also enhance the drug.. IF they don't release results or the results are poo, next year, then your comment will be valid..

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
We are halfway through June of 2017. IF (big If) this releases on schedule... our nightmares could be ended soon

Remember when Histogen was supposed to come out around this time in Mexico? I have faith in Shiseido to stay on schedule, I'm just worried about approval being slow.

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Remember when Histogen was supposed to come out around this time in Mexico? I have faith in Shiseido to stay on schedule, I'm just worried about approval being slow.

You're right but there's a major difference.... Shesido is a major cosmetic company that doesn't need investors. Histogen is a nobody that cannot fund their own trials

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
Aren't they far enough with their trials now that they could be pressed in an interview for a clear and definite answer on whether we can expect notable regrowth?
Would be nice to finally have something to hold them to. I'm tired of this endless back-and-forth.

br1

Reaction score
Aren't they far enough with their trials now that they could be pressed in an interview for a clear and definite answer on whether we can expect notable regrowth?
Would be nice to finally have something to hold them to. I'm tired of this endless back-and-forth.
Why not wait for official results?

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
f*****g kidding me...Charlie is right, wtf is the hold up? And she shrugs and goes well it's new! No sh*t, so is everything Amazon does but they push and get sh*t done.
DW people, do work. Make sh*t happen. We all have to do it in our everyday life if we want to get ahead.
It's sad that the medical world is progressing so slowly despite all of the technological advances elsewhere.

it's called needing 'funding' which is probably the reason she went onto Charlie Rose show.

You think a top researcher at Columbia Medical is sitting back on her *** as you work harder than her at life?

You kind of sound a little out of sorts.

Vox

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone write a short summary of what is going on here? I have been off for quite some time and I missed the news of the last 2-3 years. Are we close to a cure based on regeneration? This is at least what I understand. Or it is the same wishful thinking like many years ago?

rlf

Established Member
Reaction score
So do you think Replicels new collaboration with this University will delay the launch in Japan? I still hope Shiseido will push this out maybe even during trials in accordance with Japanese laws. Replicel said the earliest is 2019 but do you think Shiseido tells them their plans in detail after their relationship has soured last year?

Royaume

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So do you think Replicels new collaboration with this University will delay the launch in Japan? I still hope Shiseido will push this out maybe even during trials in accordance with Japanese laws. Replicel said the earliest is 2019 but do you think Shiseido tells them their plans in detail after their relationship has soured last year?

dont spread false information.

Best case scenario is Q4 2018

Reactions: br1

rlf

Established Member
Reaction score
What false information did I spread? I asked if its possible that they'd come out sooner under Japans new laws.

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What if they cultured the dermal papilla cells from beard or body hair follicles and then injected them into the scalp? Using the same principal and logic, would that not make scalp hair grow in response to androgens? DHT would make your scalp hair grow faster. Anyone have any idea if DPC influence anything to do with hair texture/color/length? Wouldn't want pubes on the head.....

Also, what if they take the androgen sensitive dermal papilla cells from balding hair and injected into areas with intense body hair. Could this cause the body hair in this region miniaturize and disappear in presence of androgens. Really impractical body hair removal technique for men lol. We can move our shitty androgen sensitive DPCs to where we don't want hair.

Obviously the androgen resistant fringe will be the most practical for most people but even this hair is not completely immune to Androgenetic Alopecia. Just some weird thoughts I had about how their tech could be applied today.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What if they cultured the dermal papilla cells from beard or body hair follicles and then injected them into the scalp? Using the same principal and logic, would that not make scalp hair grow in response to androgens?

No. I don't have a source handy that can explain it better at the moment, but they are not the same so you can't mix and match is how it is in a nutshell.

Also, an important distinction is that they aren't culturing dermal papilla cells; they are culturing dermal sheath cup cells because in their experiments in the early 2000s, they discovered that DSC cells maintained their ability to induce hair growth when multiplied, but Dermal Papilla Cells themselves do not — a vexing problem in hair multiplication for a long time.

Reactions: br1

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Aren't the progenitor cells within the follicle also necessary to sustain multiple hair growth cycles?

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont know if this work can be interestimg,
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12269871

Dermatol Surg. 2002 Sep;28(9):795-8; discussion 798-9.
Does the recipient site influence the hair growth characteristics in hair transplantation?
Hwang S1, Kim JC, Ryu HS, Cha YC, Lee SJ, Na GY, Kim DW.
Author information
Abstract

BACKGROUND:
Recently hair transplantation has been widely applied not only to correct androgenetic alopecia, but also to correct hair loss on other parts of the body such as the eyebrows and pubic area. It is believed that the transplanted hairs will maintain their integrity and characteristics after transplantation to new nonscalp sites.

OBJECTIVE:
To evaluate whether the transplanted hairs maintain their hair growth characteristics after transplantation to a new anatomic site other than the scalp.

METHODS:
Three study designs were used. Study I: Hair transplantation from the author's occipital scalp to his lower leg was performed and clinical evaluations were made at both 6 months and at 3 years after the transplantation. Study II: After finding changes in hair growth characteristics, transplanted hairs were harvested from the leg and retransplanted to the left side of the nape of the neck (group A). As a control study, occipital hairs were transplanted to the opposite side (group B). Observations were made at 6 months after the operation. Study III: An observational study was done in 12 patients with androgenetic alopecia about 1 year after transplantation of occipital hair to frontal scalp. At each step, survival rates were documented and the rate of growth and the diameter of the shafts were measured for both recipient and donor sites.

RESULTS:
Study I: Surviving hairs on the lower leg showed a lower growth rate (8.2 +/- 0.9 mm/month), but the same diameter (0.086 +/- 0.018 mm) compared with occipital hairs (16.0 +/- 1.1 mm/month, 0.088 +/- 0.016 mm). The survival rate 3 years after transplantation was 60.2%. Study II: There was no significant difference in the growth rate, shaft diameter, and survival rate between retransplanted hairs (group A) and controls (group B). Groups A and B showed a lower growth rate, but the same diameter, compared with occipital hairs. Study III: There was no significant difference in the growth rate and shaft diameter between the transplanted hairs on the frontal scalp and the occipital hairs.

CONCLUSION:
These results strongly suggest that the recipient site affects some characteristics of transplanted hairs, such as their growth and survival rates.

Desmond_84

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I don't know if you have realised yet, so here it goes:

1) In 2 weeks, the first batch of Shiseido trial patients would have reached the first milestone. i.e. 12 month efficacy read-out.....fingers crossed.

2) On November 2nd, Dr Jiro Kishimoto of Shiseido Hair Reasearch arm will be presenting a talk on their treatment at the World Hair Congress. They would have had 3 months to evaluate the results, so hopefully they have something exciting to share.

Keep your head up guys...Time to be excited :)