Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

GiveMeAccessToMyAccount

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are just seeing your side of the story..

Think about it: a product that halts (immunizes, even if for 5 or 10 yrs) hair loss.

Now, you are 17.. Baldness runs into your family.. Ok, no problem.. Gonna get an immunization shot, and I'm good.

There will be an infinite line of ppl going for it.

And an infinite line of bald people who would scoff at it because it does nothing for them.

NW0-1's would be happy with this yes, and NW2-3's that are planning on getting FUE's but first want to stabilize would be happy too. But that doesn't help people who are already bald NW4+, or diffused thinners.

It's funny because minoxidil stabilized my hair loss before I even got on finasteride, it just doesn't regrow hair, it doesn't work to get my hairline back. So there's already a drug for me that stopped my hair loss, and not only me, but many others, millions of others. So seeing people saying they'd be happy with a drug that stops hair loss has me tearing out my hair (and you know I can't afford to do that), because that's ALL minoxidil and finasteride do, but I understand why some people ignore finasteride, because of it's sides. But still minoxidil did that for me. So that's why i'm against the mentality of being content with a drug that stops hair loss, that already exists, that's ALL that exists, I have the mentality of regrowing hair. That does not exist yet, not on a wide scale. On some users yes, but not all users, which is what I want. A treatment that stops hair loss and regrows hair on 99.9% of users.

CharAblaze

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
NW0-1's would be happy with this yes, and NW2-3's that are planning on getting FUE's but first want to stabilize would be happy too. But that doesn't help people who are already bald NW4+, or diffused thinners.
This is subjective and open for interpretation. Total hair stablization, more areas for donor hair equal more donor hair and fuller transplants, hence NW4+ will benefit if they are not diffuse. And maybe, just maybe, if you stop the bald, your surviving hair condition will improve.

Last edited:

GiveMeAccessToMyAccount

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is subjective and open for interpretation. Total hair stabiliazation, more areas for donor hair equal more donor hair and fuller transplants, hence NW4+ will benefit if they are not diffuse. And maybe, just maybe, if you stop the bald, your surviving hair condition will improve.

It's very subjective, I agree.

But if the point of a hair loss drug that stops hair loss is to get hair transplants, like I said, that's still something we have today.

I myself have total hair stabilization, no more hair loss, stopped it at around NW4, then got an FUE to get me to NW2, and I have a year now with no hair shedding. Now i'm a permanent diffused NW2 for as long as minoxidil and finasteride works for me. So why would I be happy personally for a drug that all it does is exactly what today's drugs have done for me?

Why would millions of people who have already stabilized their hair with Rogaine or finasteride, or both, want another drug like that? I've read many members here say they stopped their hair loss with minoxidil alone. I imagine that number is in the millions countrywide, and even more millions outside of the US.

Look, if a side-effect free hair loss stabilizing drug comes out, but does nothing more, but some people are content with that, great for them and I really wish one comes out because when I have kids they could use it, and young receding NW0-2's would be happy. I guess i'm being selfish when I say I want something that will regrow hair.

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
When you guys say "except for diffuse" are you talking about DPA or DUPA? DPA people should be okay even if they have advanced (Norwood 4, 5) patterns of loss, right? A halting of loss plus a transplant (maybe two) should sort them out.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Doesn't matter.

Replicel + hairtransplant = cure for many.

The market is huge and begging for a safe alternative to maintain.

Replicel not having a big enough market for their product is the least of their problems.

I agree that there is a market for them; I said that in the post you quoted.

I also agree that the market isn't as big as some would suggest.

and again, a treatment that could've done the same was shelved because they didn't see the market demand for it and this just a few years ago. Not saying that will be the case here too (as it seems it won't be), but further confirms point two.

H

Reaction score
The notion that by the time you notice diffuse loss its already too late is bull. It took more than 3 years between me noticing that I was diffusing and finally getting on Propecia. Yet I still had what appeared to be a full head of hair with total coverage. So the maintainence from Propecia was more than enough.

Same with Replicel. Once you notice you're thinning and get the injections you're good.

Meanwhile with Tsuji you either will have to let yourself go totally bald or run around as a balding work in progress for years. Tsuji is only great for those who don't have any hair left. All the others will need a maintainence treatment.
What are you doing here then if you still look like you have a full mane and propecia is working for you?

GiveMeAccessToMyAccount

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i think parents would pay for it because most likely one or the two of them passed on their own genetics and know the pain of hair loss...I think my own Mother would slit her wrists foe me not to go through what she went through with wigs.

Some parents...

Specifically parents who have money to burn for their children's cosmetic first world problems.

Other parents are indifferent about it, believe me.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some parents...

Specifically parents who have money to burn for their children's cosmetic first world problems.

Other parents are indifferent about it, believe me.

well the same parents who are buying kids cars, cell phone etc are going to pay for it..in US that is a big market.

Reactions: br1

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
It's very subjective, I agree.

But if the point of a hair loss drug that stops hair loss is to get hair transplants, like I said, that's still something we have today.

I myself have total hair stabilization, no more hair loss, stopped it at around NW4, then got an FUE to get me to NW2, and I have a year now with no hair shedding. Now i'm a permanent diffused NW2 for as long as minoxidil and finasteride works for me. So why would I be happy personally for a drug that all it does is exactly what today's drugs have done for me?

Why would millions of people who have already stabilized their hair with Rogaine or finasteride, or both, want another drug like that? I've read many members here say they stopped their hair loss with minoxidil alone. I imagine that number is in the millions countrywide, and even more millions outside of the US.

Look, if a side-effect free hair loss stabilizing drug comes out, but does nothing more, but some people are content with that, great for them and I really wish one comes out because when I have kids they could use it, and young receding NW0-2's would be happy. I guess i'm being selfish when I say I want something that will regrow hair.

I'm not sure what everyone else's experience has been with finasteride, but over the past 4 years I've probably lost a Norwood... none of the current medications seem to halt hairloss for everyone indefinitely. I've been on finasteride for 12 years.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't speak for him, but my situation is very similar to his. I hopped on the Big Three the moment noticed my hair thinning, and the result was stabilization for the last twenty years. I'm a NW2 (though not in the traditional Norwood pattern - I've maintained my hair line without any temple recession), but I've been checking on new treatments for 17 years (started thinning at 18). The reason is simple - I want to be a Norwood 1. There are some hairstyles I can't pull off with my hair as it is, and my crown is thin (though not bald). Would an hair transplant get me there? Maybe, but I would never have one, as I think there's too much at risk (I would feel terrible if, in a greedy effort to get to NW1, I got a botched job or suffered severe shock loss). There's also the chance that the Big Three will stop working for me.

Yeah, exactly, I'm some kind of NW2 diffiuse thinner and even though I have no bald spots on the top of my head, the amount of thin wispy hair everywhere ruins a lot of hairstyles I used to love.

I used to be super sure I wanted a transplant but even with restoration of the hairline, it's not going to solve my diffuse problem or vice versa. It's expensive and risky.

I don't want to settle at NW2 and diffuse either; it's an all-or-nothing deal. I want to be NW1, with close to the thickness I had before and at least 1 of these upcoming treatments should be able to offer that, so go big or go home. My only cosmetic "want" is to be able to wear my hair however I want.

You also see these guy who are like "I was NW5 when I got a transplant. Now I'm Norwood 4 and buzz my head!" Such a waste.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
I can't speak for him, but my situation is very similar to his. I hopped on the Big Three the moment noticed my hair thinning, and the result was stabilization for the last twenty years. I'm a NW2 (though not in the traditional Norwood pattern - I've maintained my hair line without any temple recession), but I've been checking on new treatments for 17 years (started thinning at 18). The reason is simple - I want to be a Norwood 1. There are some hairstyles I can't pull off with my hair as it is, and my crown is thin (though not bald). Would an hair transplant get me there? Maybe, but I would never have one, as I think there's too much at risk (I would feel terrible if, in a greedy effort to get to NW1, I got a botched job or suffered severe shock loss). There's also the chance that the Big Three will stop working for me.

That's where I'm at, I'm not an old fart like you yet, cause I'm only 31.... just kidding... my fear is the same, because I know my hairline has lost a little ground, and my hair is slightly thinner, so I don't care to risk it yet.

H

Reaction score
This is why I think in my opinion hair multiplication is all the more of an important research focus then maintenance right now. It is perhaps subjective I know im diffuse i just think I'd rather shave my head and let balding take its course then if Tsuji works fill up with resistant follicles and call it a life then worry about maintenance not that there's anything wrong with the big 3 if they work like you said they did for you that's awesome. If a flesh eating disease was eating my arm and it was noticable I wouldn't try and slow it down with anything to keep that dying arm I'd cut it off and leave it or get a robot arm and maybe someday they can 3d print a new organic arm. This is just my way of thinking how i would do it however, my way is not the right or wrong way.

H

Reaction score
I can't speak for him, but my situation is very similar to his. I hopped on the Big Three re moment noticed my hair thinning, and the result was stabilization for the last twenty years. I'm a NW2 (though not really - my hair started to diffusely thin, so I've maintained my hair line, etc), but I've been checking on new treatments for 17 years (started thinning at 18). The reason is simple - I want to be a Norwood 1. There are some hairstyles I can't pull off with my hair as it is, and my crown is thin (though not bald). Would an hair transplant get me there? Maybe, but I would never have one, as I think there's too much at risk (I would feel terrible if, in a greedy effort to get to NW1, I got a botched job or suffered severe shock loss). There's also the chance that the Big Three will stop working for me.
I forgot to quote this in my last comment lol it was towards that

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
I know you poor bastards who are high NWs read that and want to kill me, but I'm limited to a couple hair styles, and these days hair styles are incredibly important for men, so not being able to pull of a really nice, thick, faded side part does indeed suck.

This might be why people here in "the insane asylum" are approaching things from a different angle from you. Yeah, if you are trying to have Zane from One Direction or Zac Effron hair when you are 45 then a maintainance product might make you yawn. If you are hanging on for dear life to Avoid being slick bald and can accept not having model perfect density, then its more exciting.

You can lose a lot of hair and still have decent coverage. Even after losing 50 percent of density. You might Have to forego Some hairrstyles that teenagers wear, yeah. Some of us are trying not to be homeless, not angling for a mansion in Beverly Hills.

GiveMeAccessToMyAccount

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I remember when my friend, who was pretty bald and now shaves his head, asked me what he should use for his hair loss. I told him about finasteride and minoxidil, told him it stops hair loss. He shrugged it off and said oh well, when it gets too bad i'll just shave then. He was in early 20s and balding badly, and he just didn't think minoxidil or finasteride was worth it to "hold on" to an ugly NW5.

I think that's the sentiment of the common badly balding guy. Once they hear "maintains"..."Okay, does it bring back hair?" - Not really, maybe, if you're lucky. - "Oh well, i'll move on". Hey but you can get on the medication, maintain and then get a hair transplant - "No, thanks, too much work."

I really believe this is the common, misinformed guy^, who I think are the majority of men.

Tell them, yes the drug brings you back 5 Norwood stages guaranteed. No worries about which specific market is out there, everyone would get on that drug.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I remember when my friend, who was pretty bald and now shaves his head, asked me what he should use for his hair loss. I told him about finasteride and minoxidil, told him it stops hair loss. He shrugged it off and said oh well, when it gets too bad i'll just shave then. He was in early 20s and balding badly, and he just didn't think minoxidil or finasteride was worth it to "hold on" to an ugly NW5.

I think that's the sentiment of the common badly balding guy. Once they hear "maintains"..."Okay, does it bring back hair?" - Not really, maybe, if you're lucky. - "Oh well, i'll move on". Hey but you can get on the medication, maintain and then get a hair transplant - "No, thanks, too much work."

I really believe this is the common, misinformed guy^, who I think are the majority of men.

Tell them, yes the drug brings you back 5 Norwood stages guaranteed. No worries about which specific market is out there, everyone would get on that drug.

A lot of it depends where you're at when the suggestion is made.

To someone who is NW2, "maintains" is enough to many or most of them, I'm sure. Hell, maybe even some who are NW3.

One thing I often heard when I first got on finasteride was "Oh, you might not go totally bald!" or "It could take YEARS to go fully bald"

Yeah maybe, but I have the awareness to know it only takes dropping a couple of Norwoods and enough diffuse before your hair looks so shitty that "maintaining" that hair just isn't worth it to a sizeable majority.

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
You guys have really harshed my buzz in this thread. A few pages back resident optimist That Guy thought the halting of one's hair loss was "f*****g rad" and now it sounds like it's too little too late. :(

And occulus has drained all the enthusiasm for this product out of the thread. (No offense, I know you are just giving your opinion.) Can we have a few more celebratory posts or something because replicel's fire has been reduced to some pathetic embers.....

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You guys have really harshed my buzz in this thread. A few pages back resident optimist That Guy thought the halting of one's hair loss was "f*****g rad" and now it sounds like it's too little too late. :(

And occulus has drained all the enthusiasm for this product out of the thread. (No offense, I know you are just giving your opinion.) Can we have a few more celebratory posts or something because replicel's fire has been reduced to some pathetic embers.....

It is f*****g rad, though. I'd certainly do it and never take finasteride again.

But I'm just saying that I can agree that there probably is a sizeable amount of people who wouldn't do it.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Some very positive news from Replicel!

VANCOUVER, June 13, 2017 /CNW/ - RepliCel Life Sciences Inc. (OTCQB: REPCF) (TSXV: RP) (FRA:p6P2) ("RepliCel" or the "Company") is pleased to announce it has signed a collaborative research project agreement with the University of British Columbia ("UBC"). The project will be co-lead by the UBC's Dr. Kevin McElwee and Professor Youwen Zhou.

The project is designed to deliver a gene and protein expression "map" of healthy hair follicle cells expected to be critically important to improving key components of the manufacturing, regulatory, and clinical profile of RepliCel's cell therapy products.

"We are very excited to be working with UBC on a project we've spent considerable time designing to mature our understanding of the cell populations we work with to improve our product manufacturing, clinical outcomes, and assays critical to regulatory approval and commercialization," stated RepliCel President and CEO, R. Lee Buckler.

This study will examine different cell groups from human hair follicles and look for differences, and similarities, in gene and protein expression. Additionally, the project will analyze array data from select subjects who participated in RepliCel's phase I/IIa clinical trial of its RCH-01 product in development for the treatment of androgenetic alopecia which completed earlier this year. This includes data from patients who had the best clinical hair growth response at six months and a sustained positive response at 24 months.

In the study with UBC, the gene expression profiles of the cultured cells from these clinical trial subjects who had a strong hair growth response will be compared to the gene expression profile of subjects who had a reduced hair growth response. The analysis is anticipated to allow RepliCel to better identify specific genes with high or low expression in the cultured cells that correspond to strong hair growth promotion.

http://www.newswire.ca/news-release...ss-hair-follicle-cell-data-map-628130693.html

Lee Buckler on Biztalk Radio:
https://soundcloud.com/user-307065880/lee-buckler-on-biztalk-radio

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nobody has answered me.... couldn't you theoretically apply minoxidil and then stop it without hair loss? Since the scalp is immune?