Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

Reaction score
View attachment 48459 I don't know if you guys have seen this before but this cleared up quite a bit of confusion for me (I would include the link to this, but I can't because it's "spam-like"). This from an email from replicel.

DING DING DING, hopefully this works. like another poster said they need to be able to track where the DSC go after injecting them. also it is abit concerning that a few patients lost hair after 6months after getting treatment. i cant wait for the long term data to come out this month.

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I keep checking this thread every day looking for those trial results and I'm getting restless. If they get numbers similar to Histogens and it's permanent I'll be so damn unbelievably happy

mghrs

My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 48459 I don't know if you guys have seen this before but this cleared up quite a bit of confusion for me (I would include the link to this, but I can't because it's "spam-like"). This from an email from replicel.
again it says: some immunity to current follicles until all sensitive cells die. only those injected would remain making your follicle bigger and help produce terminal hairs. this is going to be definitely a multi injection per year.
so until now we are expecting:
1- develop some immunity to DHT.
2- regrowing vellus hairs to terminal hairs. only question is: to what extent? even a shiny bald scalp has some miniaturized hairs. second tweet suggest this the goal. but i am not expecting 100% regrowth even after dozens of injections,
3- we are not sure that:they can create new follicles.
all guessing until now. data and pics should be decisive. not only phase 1 data, this study will be somehow limited. we need shiseido data.

finnymikeg

My Regimen
Reaction score
again it says: some immunity to current follicles until all sensitive cells die. only those injected would remain making your follicle bigger and help produce terminal hairs. this is going to be definitely a multi injection per year.
2- regrowing vellus hairs to terminal hairs. only question is: to what extent? even a shiny bald scalp has some miniaturized hairs. second tweet suggest this the goal. but i am not expecting 100% regrowth even after dozens of injections,
all guessing until now. data and pics should be decisive. not only phase 1 data, this study will be somehow limited. we need shiseido data.
In the same email they state, "once the injections are complete we believe there should be no need for further treatment." They also said something along the lines that they don't believe it will really benefit completely bald people. They stated that they are planning on only enrolling individuals with thinning hair for their phase 2 trial, not those who are slick bald.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
so this turns vellus into thick hairs?

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

It's not going to be many injections over years, it will probably be 2 sets of injections like in their trials. If they believed or had any reason to believe a bunch of injections would improve results they would do more injections in their trial, which they're not.

Also this will probably not do much for slick bald people that's why they say it's not a cure, they're being responsible in saying that. Sure it could grow some terminal hairs on a slick bald head but no where near a full head.

so this turns vellus into thick hairs?

If it works as they say then it should be able to turn vellus hairs terminal permanently

mghrs

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not going to be many injections over years, it will probably be 2 sets of injections like in their trials. If they believed or had any reason to believe a bunch of injections would improve results they would do more injections in their trial, which they're not.

Also this will probably not do much for slick bald people that's why they say it's not a cure, they're being responsible in saying that. Sure it could grow some terminal hairs on a slick bald head but no where near a full head.
logic is the more DSC attached to hair follicle the bigger it will get producing terminal hair. 2 sets is what they are testing, doesn't mean it is the optimal. it could be for safety reasons. DSC count in hair follicle correlates positively with a follicle size which means in theory: more sets -> more cells injected -> bigger follicle + new follicle formation (if achieved)-> more and more terminal hair. feel free to correct my logic if you re aware of any info.

Captain Rex

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Podcast interview with Lee Buckler
http://business.financialpost.com/m...-sciences-ceo-lee-buckler-on-global-expansion

Lee Buckler said
"You know, we spent the first decade of our existence understanding, initially, the science of androgenic alopecia, understanding how we might develop a cell therapy approach to treating that condition and giving people a functional cure, re-growing their hair in the affected areas for men and women."

So we know for sure now that their aim is a functional cure.

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Technically, we know that that was their aim. What these companies end up accomplishing is probably not going to be exactly what they set out to do, which is probably why they use the most confusing terminology possible. I'd like to hear their official interpretation of what vibrant hair follicles are, I think this is most relevant.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
Technically, we know that that was their aim. What these companies end up accomplishing is probably not going to be exactly what they set out to do, which is probably why they use the most confusing terminology possible. I'd like to hear their official interpretation of what vibrant hair follicles are, I think this is most relevant.

I'm mostly curious what their interpretation of a dormant hair is? At what point is a dormant hair no longer capable of being revived? Hopefully that comes out with their data!

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I interpret "functional cure" as something that can restore damaged follicles or follicles that haven't been dormant for long. For this treatment I think there's a point of no return for follicles (which I think they've stated before but I could be wrong) or else they would call it a cure.

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
img_0784-png.48459

So what does this mean for people on finasteride/dutasteride? It states that as the resident androgen sensitive hair follicles become sensecent/die off, the injected DSC cells become more dominant. What happens if one is on finasteride and the resident androgen sensitive hair follicles never fully die off? Will finasteride users never see the full effect? In other words, do you have to wait for all/most of the androgen sensitive hair follicles to die off before new androgen resistant ones develop from the injected DSC cells? This would be a good question to ask in an interview....

Stupidon

Established Member
Reaction score
So what does this mean for people on finasteride/dutasteride? It states that as the resident androgen sensitive hair follicles become sensecent/die off, the injected DSC cells become more dominant. What happens if one is on finasteride and the resident androgen sensitive hair follicles never fully die off? Will finasteride users never see the full effect? In other words, do you have to wait for all/most of the androgen sensitive hair follicles to die off before new androgen resistant ones develop from the injected DSC cells? This would be a good question to ask in an interview....
Same question here.
I guess timing will be quite good after the data release.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
R4s6DzS.png

hnnngggg

Don't know if any other future treatment will have any effect on dat itch/burn

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It seems if you have vellus hairs you could be in luck, where as if you are slick bald your chances may be somewhat reduced. It will be interesting to see how this works with diffuse thinners where follicle units have been reduced to one follicle, if it can bring back those dormant hairs.

Even if it is not 100% effective, as long as it is reasonably priced I'd still go for it.