Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
EDIT: Not sure why people are saying that this is only temporary. Replicel has said that existing follicles will become immune to DHT for good.

I'm a newcomer to this topic. Well if that's the case consider me excited. I guess the idea is the injections will randomly provide a certain number of dht resistant progenitor cells to each dermal papilla over time. If this is a consistent effect then everyone will probably need a slightly different amount of injections or repeated procedures, but let's say once 25-50% of the dermal papilla cells are dht resistant over the scalp that should keep the hair follicles alive over time and you would theoretically only have age related thinning.

Okay I get the excitement.

Looks like this is the first potential hair loss cure if done repeatedly to get sufficient effect and with a good response.

Absolutely surreal to think hair loss may actually be curable for regular Joes within a decade.

What a strange concept. I kind of assumed it would never happen. Imagine a generation where going bald is a counterculture fashion statement people CHOOSE to make and not a depressingly inevitable part of growing older.

kawnshawn

Established Member
Reaction score
They never said treatment = 1 injection, though...
One session I believe. If I remember right it would just be like Histogen were they have to do a ton of injections in one sitting that covers the entire scalp.

bags

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Except you actually have to be 1 in 7 billion to be Ronaldo. And he does not f*** up as much as I have seen dumb fuckkn doctors f*** up in my life. Accidental deaths to wrong diagnosis and inccorect medications. The medical system is a J.O.K.E. run by sadistic freaks who should burn in hell for keeping proven breakthroughs on the shelf for 1 thing. PROFIT. If you don't live under a rock and have looked into genetically targeted cancer cures amongst many other scientific breakthroughs that never get to market you would know what I'm talking about. And no I'm not talking about eating some herb or smoking weed; in talking about real life science in a lab using gene medicine that cures cancer without destroying the body. Being a dumb *** GP is as simple as learning how to use deductive reasoning to get to the general group of what the issue is in, then prescribe the general scrip which is usually Prednisone. Because most alignments are caused by chronic inflammation. Steroids (not anabolic) are the bases of all prescriptions. My friend is a doctor who tells me after 40 years he will humbly admit most doctors don't know sh*t lol. Everything is just a best guess....

And me Cristiano Ronaldo

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
The cells growth / culturing will last 5 to 8 weeks according to their last tweet
So basically this treatment is out of the question unless you have the money to live in japan for two months or if they're smart they'll have a clinic where we can get this done in the US and get the cells injected back in japan.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't recall something about RCH-01 doing a permanent DHT resistance, neither follicles building their own over repeated ones.
Source for that forever DHT immunity please @kawnshawn ?

br1

Reaction score
I don't recall something about RCH-01 doing a permanent DHT resistance, neither follicles building their own over repeated ones.
I don't have the source, but I do remember Buckler saying that the cells removed from the safe zone are going to immunize the receptor follicle (since they hold that characteristic).. I will post it here if / when I find it.

Dantes90

My Regimen
Reaction score

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/news/new-research/replicel-rch01-follicles-revitalizing-hair-growth/

"The procedure works by obtaining a small punch biopsy from the back of the patient’s head as the hair that grows on the scalp there is generally resistant to balding.

From this sample, cells called “dermal sheath cup cells” are extracted from the base of the follicle. These cells are then multiplied in a growth medium and are ready for injection after a period of about two weeks.

The goal of the treatment is for these healthy cells to migrate to thinning areas, revitalizing the hair that grows there as well as bestowing the thinning hair with the healthy hair’s immunity to balding."

No proof for sure that it is immune, since we will need to see the five year data first, but it does appear they believe it will be immune like the hairs at the back of ones head.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks guys, still not convinced this will be a one shot lifetime, this only glimpse of intel i found about it is not clear

"We expect cell number and long-term cell survival to be correlative with hair density efficacy.Next-phase trials will be designed to test repeated injection sessions with smaller doses than were used in this study" -Replicel's chief scientific officer Kevin McElwee

Anyway, even if it's a one/two session(s) every X years to be free, i'm not gonna b**ch about it.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do they still have the same 2020 start date?

If they do, they were right on target.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do they still have the same 2020 start date?

If they do, they were right on target.

Shiseido is aiming for late 2018 release to Japan market, next year bud', with the same product as RepliCel

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Shiseido is aiming for late 2018 release to Japan market, next year bud', with the same product as RepliCel

They're definitely going to make it then.

We never know though. In 2011, Histogen rocked the hair world. They were the first "pioneers" to use "older" men (40s and above) as test subjects. And they had success.

Now, it seems they dropped it completely.

Histogen is going in the "face wrinkle/skin creme" line of business.

Last edited:

Keisi92

My Regimen
Reaction score
If they truly immunize it could easily be considered a cure for the new generation coming up even if it needs like 1 shot per year, obviously assuming that the cost comes to reasonable prices.

IMHO though, if this actually works i see bad news for people who are already bald or almost bald if this gives no regrowth. The only hope for them would remain tsuji. If this gets released and works as hypothesized TBH I don't see the need of any other company to continue giving a lot of importance to hairloss. If this works, it ensures that future generations wouldn't need anything else assuming that they start immediatly as they notice hairloss, heck maybe it could even become a common thing, like cleaning your teeth with tooth paste only that it's once per year.

Companies would need to find a cure to a difficult condition such as hairloss for the people in the worse condition, those totally bald, and have to do it fast before the last generation of people gone bald is still alive to actually profit from it. The only hope for totally bald people I see is to hope tsuji actually makes it.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Their definitely going to make it then.

We never know though. In 2011, Histogen rocked the hair world. They were the first "pioneers" to use "older" men (40s and above) as test subjects. And they had success.

Now, it seems they dropped it completely.

Histogen is going in the "face wrinkle/skin creme" line of business.

I agree, better be careful with those claims, but i'm confident here, Japan has become the leader in those cell therapies in a decade
Histogen is a peanut compare to those Japan Big pharmas

NimuDash

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Companies would need to find a cure to a difficult condition such as hairloss for the people in the worse condition, those totally bald, and have to do it fast before the last generation of people gone bald.
You're naive if you think that there will be no bald people if there is a permanent maintenance treatment. There will still be those who will realize that they are balding when its too late, or those who will realize that hair matters.

One successful product doesn't stop innovation. Same with Tsuji, Tsuji may and will get competition sooner or later. Competition is good, alternatives mean cheaper costs.

Have you forgotten cancer patients, they can lose hair in chemo and never recover it.

Last edited:

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're naive if you think that there will be no bald people if there is a permanent maintenance treatment. There will still be those who will realize that they are balding when its too late, or those who will realize that hair matters.

One successful product doesn't stop innovation. Same with Tsuji, Tsuji may and will get competition sooner or later. Competition is good, alternatives mean cheaper costs.

Have you forgotten cancer patients, they can lose hair in chemo and never recover it.

They are testing a new protein to avoid hair loss during chemo, first results are pretty good, even in this field there's already some challenger