Replicel Is On Fire Lately — Data In Feb.

ZZmop

Established Member
Reaction score
That's an amazing price if accurate. So this is basically one session for many years of sideless maintenance? This plus transplant would be a functional cure for many.

br1

Reaction score
That's an amazing price if accurate. So this is basically one session for many years of sideless maintenance? This plus transplant would be a functional cure for many.
This alone is a cure for *many* people.

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You haven't tried finasteride?
Sigh. No. I like my hair, but I can't be committed to taking finasteride for life, knowing my hair will fall out if I stop. I like DHT. I have no problem with it elsewhere. Then there are the sides...

10,000 I think it's $1000 plus whatever you'd spend on getting your *** to japan.
Yeah bro I know. But 1k is for the residents. Going to Japan is not cheap, and if the there are multiple treatments involved and an extended stay, etc. the costs can add up. I said I was ready to blow 10k on the whole thing because I'm ready to do whatever steps there are and get it over with. Hoping 10k is a conservative estimate (overshoot). In other words, I am perfectly ok with 10k total. That's what braces might cost depending on where you live and the treatment.

If it's 100k Yen then its 760€ so about 850-900$.
This is correct. This was the official speculated figure by Shiseido if I recall correctly. But I am uncertain if that is the cost upon release. Perhaps it will be a limited opportunity higher cost release? I have no idea but I'm sort of bracing for impact.

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's what they're looking at, they're doing trials to see if maybe they can get some good regrowth with multiple sessions a year instead of just 1, I know everyone was above baseline two years after a shot. Imagine if Brotzu and Replicel both released next year, this forum would be empty. Doubtful but damn what a dream it would be.

ALightInTheDark

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's what they're looking at, they're doing trials to see if maybe they can get some good regrowth with multiple sessions a year instead of just 1, I know everyone was above baseline two years after a shot. Imagine if Brotzu and Replicel both released next year, this forum would be empty. Doubtful but damn what a dream it would be.

Don't count on Brotzu,you're delusional. The rest is ok

vegetassj

Established Member
Reaction score
But even if its available in Japan, looks like there will be soon a waiting queue like 6-12 month, because demand will be high. Correct me if im wrong

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sorry to be cynical again, but I'm not sure what there is to be so excited about.

The seven top-tier responders in the trial saw >10% increase in hair density at six months post-injection (see May 17, 2012 announcement). At 24 months, the average hair density increase for these same seven participants was 8.3% over baseline, and three of these seven trial participants maintained a >10% increase in density over baseline. The largest increase in hair density over baseline observed in this group was a 21% increase at 24 months.

The top 10 participants reported at least a 5% or greater increase in hair density at six months post-injection with an average increase of 11.8% (as reported in the May 17, 2012 announcement). This group demonstrated a sustained response at 24 months which averaged a 4.2% increase over baseline hair density. While there was a high degree of variability in hair density between individual participants at 24 months post-injection compared to baseline, an overall stabilization of hair loss was observed among all the patients treated per protocol.

https://replicel.com/20170314-2/

So basically for thousands of dollars and all these injections and stem cell manipulation, you AT BEST get weaker results than topical minoxidil?

RegenWaiting

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sigh. No. I like my hair, but I can't be committed to taking finasteride for life, knowing my hair will fall out if I stop. I like DHT. I have no problem with it elsewhere. Then there are the sides...

Yeah bro I know. But 1k is for the residents. Going to Japan is not cheap, and if the there are multiple treatments involved and an extended stay, etc. the costs can add up. I said I was ready to blow 10k on the whole thing because I'm ready to do whatever steps there are and get it over with. Hoping 10k is a conservative estimate (overshoot). In other words, I am perfectly ok with 10k total. That's what braces might cost depending on where you live and the treatment.

This is correct. This was the official speculated figure by Shiseido if I recall correctly. But I am uncertain if that is the cost upon release. Perhaps it will be a limited opportunity higher cost release? I have no idea but I'm sort of bracing for impact.

In all honesty,

If Shiseido could (fairly) promise maintenance for >2 years I would easily pay 5k for that. Even if just one injection, and one trip with no regrowth.

For (good = 10% of total hair pre Androgenetic Alopecia) regrowth I would pay 10k easily.

With that I could go visit Erdogan/Feriduni/Lupanzula/******** (whatever I may prefer at that time) with a peace of mind :)

All just wishful thinking here, BUT wouldn't that be something, huh? :p

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sorry to be cynical again, but I'm not sure what there is to be so excited about.

The seven top-tier responders in the trial saw >10% increase in hair density at six months post-injection (see May 17, 2012 announcement). At 24 months, the average hair density increase for these same seven participants was 8.3% over baseline, and three of these seven trial participants maintained a >10% increase in density over baseline. The largest increase in hair density over baseline observed in this group was a 21% increase at 24 months.

The top 10 participants reported at least a 5% or greater increase in hair density at six months post-injection with an average increase of 11.8% (as reported in the May 17, 2012 announcement). This group demonstrated a sustained response at 24 months which averaged a 4.2% increase over baseline hair density. While there was a high degree of variability in hair density between individual participants at 24 months post-injection compared to baseline, an overall stabilization of hair loss was observed among all the patients treated per protocol.

So basically for thousands of dollars and all these injections and stem cell manipulation, you AT BEST get weaker results than topical minoxidil?
Get RCH-01. Hairloss stabilizes for at least a few years.
Go home. Get on minoxidil and dermaroll. Try to now get your vellus (now not dying) hairs to turn terminal.

???

HAIR.

That's the plan anyway.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Get RCH-01. Hairloss stabilizes for at least a few years.
Go home. Get on minoxidil and dermaroll. Try to now get your vellus (now not dying) hairs to turn terminal.

???

HAIR.

That's the plan anyway.

Yeah, I guess the real question will be: What's the benefit/outcome from repeated treatments, ie. treatment every 2 years?

I agree if it stabilizes hair with just a single session every 2 years it will obviously become very popular and I would add it to my routine.

The issue would be if it has a declining effectiveness over repeated treatments or over time. It will be interesting to see in 5-6 years what the data shows. I hope they will test some subjects this way.

If on the other hand the benefits keep adding up with each repeated treatment (ie. yearly) that would be amazing.

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Minoxidil like regrowth with cessation of further hair loss indefinitely (at least 5 years so far). That's not good enough for you? This can actually stop the balding process. Minoxidil can't do that.

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But even if its available in Japan, looks like there will be soon a waiting queue like 6-12 month, because demand will be high. Correct me if im wrong

I seriously doubt it. Not many people are aware of this. Keep in mind, that the vast, vast majority of men do not even bother to treat their Androgenetic Alopecia and of the ones that do, even less visit hair loss forums.

So unless there is some heavy marketing done prior to launch, only people who frequent hair loss forums are going to really be aware of this treatment and i doubt that is enough to make for a 6 month wait.

kawnshawn

Established Member
Reaction score
If it's 100k Yen then its 760€ so about 850-900$.
Remember that's PER treatment. We don't know how many treatments there are going to be. Could be 2 or 3 or 5. We don't know other than it will be more than one. That means cost of flight will end up being more than the treatment itself for some people.
EDIT: Not sure why people are saying that this is only temporary. Replicel has said that existing follicles will become immune to DHT for good.

Last edited:

kawnshawn

Established Member
Reaction score

Not exactly true. The trial Replicel did was purely for safety and not aiming for regrowth. I remember them saying that multiple low repeated doses will have better results than just one large dose. Even one person in the trial with one dose got 20% regrowth and Sheisido is looking for ways to improve the tech. Also I do recall them saying that one of the shipments of rch-01 was delayed during the trial which might of effected one person's regrowth since it was older.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
Remember that's PER treatment. We don't know how many treatments there are going to be. Could be 2 or 3 or 5. We don't know other than it will be more than one. That means cost of flight will end up being more than the treatment itself for some people.
EDIT: Not sure why people are saying that this is only temporary. Replicel has said that existing follicles will become immune to DHT for good.

They didn't say for good, but they did say it appears it immunized the hair for the entire period during their safety protocol trials. I believe it was 5 years, and again it could be longer as time goes on, but that's all that's been proven for now.

bags

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Soooo true. I know so many older guys who are so behind on modern medicine. They know key words like stem cell and that's about it. They don't even know you can go and get stem cell therapy for 50k a pop. All they do is stress about their hair, try anti andros or transplants, then shave it off. Facts are their GPs will tell them about meds (so they can write a script and get commission) or refer you to a local hair clinic for a transplant (again, so they can get commission) most of these doctors are not balding themselves and give zero flying fux about the stuff we look into. The ones that are balding ether don't care or get transplants. They don't know sh*t about medicine that is not in that big reference book they pull out when they are presented with something they have not come across before lol. How fucked is that tho really. U kno the book I'm talking about. Fml I could actually be a doctor, just tell me the symptoms and I'll look in the book and tell u which pills to pop haha.

I seriously doubt it. Not many people are aware of this. Keep in mind, that the vast, vast majority of men do not even bother to treat their Androgenetic Alopecia and of the ones that do, even less visit hair loss forums.

So unless there is some heavy marketing done prior to launch, only people who frequent hair loss forums are going to really be aware of this treatment and i doubt that is enough to make for a 6 month wait.

ALightInTheDark

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I know that. But thanks for the reminder for people who don't